Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cathe New Series Update (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232011)

bee 11-19-21 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittybug (Post 2947335)

Ooooh, really? I don't have a squat rack either and never considered trying squat rack legs because of that, just stuck with plyo legs which I loved. Should I be rethinking that? Mine is still in shrink wrap. :p

That is interesting, cecififi! Like kittybug, it never even occurred to me to try it! I will! How cool -- I have a "new" Cathe to try. :D

cecififi 11-20-21 06:04 AM

YES!!! pull out squat rack legs. the workout moves much faster if you cut the rest between sets in half. enjoy!

Jane P. 11-20-21 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecififi (Post 2947297)
I love STS and have done all of the workouts in various way e.g. individually, as a meso, the entire program - over and over again. In particular, I love squat rack legs and I don't have a squat rack. I subscribe to Cathe so will look forward to seeing these workouts. I'm excited.

What do you use when you do squat rack legs? Do you use heavy dumbells or a barbell? I'm interested because I don't have a rack either, and don't have room for bulky equipment.

manleym 11-20-21 05:20 PM

Thanks Bee and Kittybug for the info about the weighted gloves. Definitely something to add to my wish list! :D

cataddict 11-20-21 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane P. (Post 2947413)
What do you use when you do squat rack legs? Do you use heavy dumbells or a barbell? I'm interested because I don't have a rack either, and don't have room for bulky equipment.

Yes, cecififi, please share your equipment list! I do have a tower and a step, just not a squat rack so like bee and kittybug I never tried it.

cecififi 11-21-21 06:23 AM

I just use heavy weights - heavy for me. I used 35's and 40's and often have to drop down in weight or do fewer reps. Open the videos up. You'll see Cathe and company using barbells with lots of weight. hand weights, for me, are a similar experience. I have the tower and sometimes pull it out for pull ups for her other workouts but.... I don't get far as I can't pull my bodyweight up off the floor.

TonyaK 11-23-21 09:32 AM

I also really like Squat Rack Legs. I got a 15# weighted vest, so I can put less weight on my barbell. By the end of the workout, it gets harder to lift the barbell up and over my head! The vest made a big difference for me.

Vantreesta 11-23-21 04:41 PM

Just ordered the squat rack workouts thanks to this thread! I'm pretty excited, also got some others. I really gotta get the shrinkwrap torn off the ones I already had!

Jane P. 11-24-21 12:57 PM

Don't wait

It's a good idea to tear off the shrinkwrap, and at least preview the dvd as soon as you get it in case there's a problem with the dvd.