Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VFers who have met in person (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231399)

YetAnotherDeb 07-16-21 07:36 PM

VFers who have met in person

I’ve seen many references to meetings and get-togethers. I’m curious: who have you met in real life only because of the VF connection?

I haven’t met anyone, but I was hoping to meet Jackie and others at one of the CS clinics in Tulsa, then covid hit. Maybe someday.
_____
YADeb

Pam61 07-16-21 09:49 PM

Christi Taylor and VF Trip (November 7th-9th, 2003!)

I met a number of Video Fitness folks on a trip we took to Sedona/Cottonwood Arizona. There were a number of activities. Dinner at Christi's the first night. A class with Christi where she taught at Los Abrigados Spa & Resort, the following day. Lunch at the Heartline Cafe, Hiking and other activities...shopping, sightseeing, etc. A video viewing party the evening of the second night. Last day was a Pink Jeep tour, hiking and lunch at Denny's before heading home!

I didn't meet everyone but there were a number of us...Barbara, Caroline, Celia, Jane C., Jane P., Loretta M., Mary W., Patti, Paula, Pratima, Sheila, Stephanie, Suzanne...just to name a few!

Erica H. 07-17-21 12:48 AM

I met one of my dearest friends through VF. She lives 15 minutes away from me and we've been good friends for over 16 1/2 years now! She's an amazing woman and I am so grateful for her friendship. I can't believe we met through VF! :heart::heart: She is more family than friend to me, DH, and my kids.

I've met a few other VF members over the years as well. Some I met through Cathe's forum many years ago - they are local to me.

Oh, I forgot, I met one other woman IRL through VF! She lives out of state but was here with her DH and we all met at a baseball game one night. That was super fun! We've been FB friends for many years and it was great seeing her in person.

Erica

bzar 07-17-21 03:16 AM

on their vacays here, i met:
katalina (we usually walk around a nearby park when she is in town)
yogapam (have walked around ala moana park each time she visited)
mizach (same - walked around ala moana park and had an early dinner together)
iron betty (met at an open market and talked for hours!)

on my vacay to her city, i met Pratima. my family and i met her for breakfast.

i've spoken on the phone with Jennifer R - even traded with her too! i also spoke on the phone with Edie who lives on the same island as i do.

edited to add:
I've met shivacatfive in person - we live on the same island. met for drinks.

i also met another person and i honestly cannot remember her name, but we tried to meet at Gilad's studio when he used to teach classes. they cancelled w/o letting people know, so we left.

Joni O 07-17-21 06:07 AM

I've met a ton of VFers (including Wendy several times) and instructors at fitness conferences and other VF get-togethers. I think I'm the only one who still posts here though, other than maybe Nora from Canada. Oh! And Cleda!

Jackie B lives near me. We’ve met for breakfast a few times and I take online Essentrics classes from her 2-3 times a week.

Did you know that Brenda was a VFer and first met Cathe on a VF trip to Cathe's studio with us?

Pat58 07-17-21 07:26 AM

I met KathAl79 and Ooty at both an Ana Forrest workshop and a Tilak Pyle :love: workshop, both in CT. I know Kath doesn't post here anymore; not sure about Ooty but I haven't seen her at VF in so long. :(

There was another VF'er at the Ana Forrest workshop on New Haven - I'm struggling to remember your name, I'm sorry! It was so long ago and some of my brain cells melted in the heat that night. Whew.

I met up with GaleK when I had a conference in Scottsdale, AZ, which was a nice treat because she got me hooked on Ravi & Ana by bringing a DVD for me to borrow. :heart:

I virtually met YogaPam when she dropped in on a Zoom yoga workshop through my local studio which was such a surprise and treat! We've been VF friends for many years and suddenly seeing her on my screen was a great big COVID mood buster, for sure. She also showed us her enviable collection of bolsters and yoga props.

I ran into a VF'er I haven't seen in a long time - forget your VF name but I think your name is Caroline? At a class at my local yoga studio. That was a surprise. She came over and said "You're Pat58 from VF, aren't you?" I'm sorry for forgetting your name but that seems like a century ago - I could still do flow yoga then.

Come visit CT or RI, I'd love to meet you! We can take a fitness walk at Foxwoods :D Seriously, you can do a 5k in there, then we can have martinis to cool off. ;)

Patti S. 07-17-21 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam61 (Post 2933569)
I met a number of Video Fitness folks on a trip we took to Sedona/Cottonwood Arizona. There were a number of activities. Dinner at Christi's the first night. A class with Christi where she taught at Los Abrigados Spa & Resort, the following day. Lunch at the Heartline Cafe, Hiking and other activities...shopping, sightseeing, etc. A video viewing party the evening of the second night. Last day was a Pink Jeep tour, hiking and lunch at Denny's before heading home!

I didn't meet everyone but there were a number of us...Barbara, Caroline, Celia, Jane C., Jane P., Loretta M., Mary W., Patti, Paula, Pratima, Sheila, Stephanie, Suzanne...just to name a few!

That was a super fun trip! Can’t believe it was 18 years ago.:sun:

Vintage VFer 07-17-21 09:35 AM

I've met many VFers over the years! We used to have SoCal get-togethers at the IDEA fitness conventions. Then we'd meet up at someone's house and preview different videos folks had brought. We did in-person trades and exchanges! The majority of these members are no longer on VF.

DH and I do road trips every year and I've met VFers on the way for lunch or a hike or dinner. I have a few former VFers as friends on FaceBook. One is also a pen pal!

I have to think that the days of big VF get-togethers are long over. Except maybe for Cathe's Road Trips.

monterey vidiot 07-17-21 10:03 AM

I don't remember the exact year, maybe 2002. My 20ish DD wanted to go to the Experience Music Project in Seattle. I posted about that, and 4 Seattle VFers arranged to meet us for lunch one day and then we went shopping for videos! Not DVDs LOL. I think KarenJo is the only who who still comes here. Haven't seen Renee, Loretta, or Tami here for years.

Then, years later, in 2015, I met one of my check-in buddies in person in NYC. We had arranged to meet and go to a cafe after we realized that our separate trips to NYC would be the same week. I was there on a choir trip and she was there to visit family.

Gale K. 07-17-21 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2933588)
I met up with GaleK when I had a conference in Scottsdale, AZ, which was a nice treat because she got me hooked on Ravi & Ana by bringing a DVD for me to borrow. :heart:

I remember that Pat, it was so fun to meet and chat over a glass of wine.
I've also met up with YogaPam when she visited my area, that was fun too! I think we had coffee together.
I met Colleen in DC when I was on work travel--unfortunately she doesn't post here any more.
I think Pratima hosted a gathering way back when, where I met her and some other VFers.