Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ultimate Yogi has ruined me. . . (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=202521)

kittybug 04-29-14 05:08 PM

Ultimate Yogi has ruined me. . .

. . . for any other yoga DVDs!! :( I just recently bought two yoga practices from Mary, and they were BOTH Joni-O'd!!! Well, without the damaging flinging of the disks, of course. So I looked through my collection and realized, since my purchase of UY, I've acquired exactly five other yoga DVDs....and of those five, I now have exactly zero of them. None of them were keepers.

So, UY fans, as far as yoga goes, any suggestions for yoga I will love and not tear in a huff from my DVD player whilst wanting to do things with behavior that is very un-yoga-like? Please?

Vee 04-29-14 06:33 PM

I agree! I enjoy Yoga warrior with Rudy Metia as much as UY. I don't use much else from my prior DVD favorites for yoga. I have not bought anything new by way of DVD for precisely this reason. I use streaming yoga sometimes but I still like udaya productions better.

kittybug 04-29-14 06:38 PM

Yep, Vee, it seems my only choices are to buy another Udaya set, which is fine, but it's a lot for me to spend at once even if it is worth every penny. But yes, I'm interested in Deepen Your Practice and in Rudy's set too, so I guess I should revisit those thoughts. Great. Thanks, Travis, this is ALL your fault!!!!

katmom 04-29-14 07:03 PM

Love YW365 and udaya.com! I also ordered a yoga DVD during Mary's recent sale and Joni-d it (also no flinging the disc). I have UY, but have not tried it yet due to the variety of practices on udaya.com.

kittybug 04-29-14 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katmom (Post 2395199)
Love YW365 and udaya.com! I also ordered a yoga DVD during Mary's recent sale and Joni-d it (also no flinging the disc). I have UY, but have not tried it yet due to the variety of practices on udaya.com.

Which one did you Joni? Mine were Calorie Killer Yoga with Collen Saidman and Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Daphne Larkin. Nothing personal...just NOT my cups of tea, LOL!!!

Eibhinn 04-29-14 07:52 PM

It's funny, because I almost Joni O'd Travis Eliot's Yoga Foundations the first time I did it. It's a huge pet peeve when people misuse the word "literally," and he REPEATEDLY does it. Also I found he kind of sounds like Benicio del Toro's character from The Usual Suspects and it was really distracting. Not a bad yoga practice, though.

Usia 04-29-14 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhinn (Post 2395217)
It's funny, because I almost Joni O'd Travis Eliot's Yoga Foundations the first time I did it. It's a huge pet peeve when people misuse the word "literally," and he REPEATEDLY does it. Also I found he kind of sounds like Benicio del Toro's character from The Usual Suspects and it was really distracting. Not a bad yoga practice, though.

Interesting, because I've never noticed it. At All! I love Yoga Foundations and it's what got me interested in yoga after gazillion years of zero interest.

katmom 04-29-14 08:32 PM

Kittybug, my Joni-O was Colleen Saidman's Yoga for Weight Loss.

Eibhinn, Yoga Foundations was what finally helped me make a connection to yoga and longer practices. I will admit some of Travis's ramblings do occasionally get me. There is one in practice 3 where he is talking about the "really famous artist who is really famous for elephant carvings". I think that is how it goes, I kind of lose it when he hits the second "really famous". However, the practice itself is good. For some reason his voice/accent reminds me of Matthew McConaughey.

I have recently been consistently doing level 2 practices from udaya.com and have found I have a whole lot of room for growth in the area of yoga. Loved Rudy Mettia's "Lucy in the Sky" practice and Jeff Beaudoin's "Yoga in a Elevator" which was a practice of all standing/balancing poses. And Vytas has a level 2 "Well Rounded Flow" that clocks in at about 40 minutes that seems to hit every part of the body.

kittybug 04-29-14 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katmom (Post 2395233)
Kittybug, my Joni-O was Colleen Saidman's Yoga for Weight Loss.

Eibhinn, Yoga Foundations was what finally helped me make a connection to yoga and longer practices. I will admit some of Travis's ramblings do occasionally get me. There is one in practice 3 where he is talking about the "really famous artist who is really famous for elephant carvings". I think that is how it goes, I kind of lose it when he hits the second "really famous". However, the practice itself is good. For some reason his voice/accent reminds me of Matthew McConaughey.

I have recently been consistently doing level 2 practices from udaya.com and have found I have a whole lot of room for growth in the area of yoga. Loved Rudy Mettia's "Lucy in the Sky" practice and Jeff Beaudoin's "Yoga in a Elevator" which was a practice of all standing/balancing poses. And Vytas has a level 2 "Well Rounded Flow" that clocks in at about 40 minutes that seems to hit every part of the body.

Too funny on Colleen.

And I remember that quote too though I don't have Foundations...he must say that elsewhere too! What's funny is I adore Travis, but my HUSBAND...Oy, ladies, one of these days I'm going to force him to make a YouTube video of his imitation of Travis, Travis' voice, and Travis' anecdotes.

HiLARious.

I've actually come to dread putting in an UY practice when hubby is home, because I know I'll end up in a puddle of laughter on the floor after he inevitably interrupts my practice with one of his Travis imitations.... :D

suzy 04-29-14 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittybug (Post 2395207)
Which one did you Joni? Mine were Calorie Killer Yoga with Collen Saidman and Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Daphne Larkin. Nothing personal...just NOT my cups of tea, LOL!!!

Uh oh. I recently acquired Calorie Killer Yoga...like yesterday...because someone said the style was similar to Ultimate Yogi. I like her YouTube videos, so I'm still hopeful.