Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   May 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232722)

Diana3271 04-30-22 08:32 PM

May 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

Diana3271 05-01-22 06:02 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: Steps 10,005

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

monterey vidiot 05-01-22 04:06 PM

May already!

Diana, thank you for starting our month!

Next to last day of the 2 weeks of Kathy. Staying Strong Legs was the workout du jour; I might do it sometime, but I wasn't in the mood for cardio-tone. I did the leg chapter of Rejuvenation total body toning, and like it as much as the separate Rejuvenation lower body DVD. Today's workout used the figure 8 band in interesting and effective ways.

Diana3271 05-01-22 08:45 PM

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: JS Standing Abs

Have a Blessed evening!

lynnf 05-01-22 10:19 PM

Happy May -- did a barre 3 strength 30 minutes and some restorative yoga. Lots of deadlifts in this one.

Diana3271 05-02-22 07:38 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: Steps 6,236

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

lynnf 05-02-22 11:01 AM

Hi, I am trying to be more consistent with my checkins. I usually wait to see if I add on, but will report my add ons the next day. So today was a 30 minute barre 3 signature. I have an event at the end of the month, so am trying to take off a few lbs in advance.

seabliss 05-02-22 02:52 PM

Today I did an upper body strength from Heather Robertson. She is releasing a 7-day fusion flow series right now. It looks good, so I will probably start it tomorrow.

monterey vidiot 05-02-22 03:14 PM

buh-bye for now, Kathy Smith -- end of the fortnight

Day 14 of the Kathy Smith Fit over 40. I did an optional workout, TimeSaver Cardio plus the stretch from that DVD, instead of the circuit workout from ageless.

Diana3271 05-02-22 10:46 PM

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is our Ladies meeting at church. There's always one person who does a presentation. The lady who handles the meeting will be out because she is ill. She is actually having surgery next week. She asked me to lead the group tomorrow. I did the outline of the meeting, based on her instruction and printed it out. So the lady who will be doing the presentation is having computer issues so I helped her put her presentation together today. I got nothing else done today, LOL. We also did a lot of talking, good talking about life. So there you go, no workout for the day.

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 05-03-22 08:02 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: Steps 2,537

lynnf 05-03-22 08:42 AM

So today was cardio day at barre 3 and since I don't like their cardio I tried to do the knee friendly HR Cheryl did recently, but I think I did the wrong one. I did this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGltyb3Ga8Q -- the 36 minute Knee Friendly HIIT from Sept. 12, 36 minutes. I liked it, even though bear kicks are my nemesis I made it through them. The crab dance actually made me the most out of breath, which was weird. But Cheryl, you did the more recent one, correct? Anyway it was a nice change of pace and nice music. Continuing my office packing, which continues to be demoralizing. So much accumulated stuff that I never actually used. Last night added on a yoga class tape since my teacher is away on vacation.

monterey vidiot 05-03-22 11:08 AM

Lynn, office packing? If you posted about this before, I missed it. What's going on?

Diana3271 05-03-22 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monterey vidiot (Post 2964044)
Lynn, office packing? If you posted about this before, I missed it. What's going on?

I missed it, too.

lynnf 05-03-22 12:04 PM

no panic -- our building is being renovated so we have to move. Not retiring.

monterey vidiot 05-03-22 04:12 PM

Lynn, that's a nuisance but not as bad as being fired & evicted!

Check-in: Gaiam abs ball with that unknown athlete, Jonathan Roche. He doesn't wear a shirt.

I have a hike planned for Thursday. I hope it goes well. My best friend from singing (San Jose choir) & I have hiked together a few times, & I have found that quite enjoyable. She plays tennis competitively & does other athletic things so I know she is moving slowly with me, but she says she doesn't mind. But aside from the tennis and doing things with her husband, she's also in another singing group & has lots of rehearsals, so we don't go frequently. One of my church choir friends was talking about her recent hikes, so I offered to hike with her if she wanted company; she's the one I'm going with on Thursday. I hope she doesn't need speed. I used to hike alone all the time, but now I'm more cautious. And with my knee arthritis, I don't move as briskly as I used to. But I am grateful that I'm still ambulatory!

seabliss 05-03-22 04:15 PM

Checking in with Heather Robertson's Fusion Flow Legs and Glutes from the new series, and a lot of walking.

Lynn, no, that's not the knee-friendly workout I did! I stayed away from that one because I saw bear crawls in the description, lol. This is the one with really no dread. There is only one move that goes to the floor, and that is an inchworm possibly to pushup. Everything else is standing.

Diana, sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Cynthia, are you doing any research about the Azores yet, or are you waiting until it gets closer?

monterey vidiot 05-03-22 04:42 PM

Cheryl, I think my research was limited to the name of the pastry. I've been on many group trips and I discovered early on that they are usually jam-packed with side trips and activities. So if I've read about the place, odds are I will be disappointed that I don't get to see what I've read about. That happened on my first trip. After that, I've just enjoyed what is planned. When the trip does have free time, I go for it -- on my last (I hope not the very last) singing trip to NYC, I had tea with Lynn, saw the Woman in Gold painting at Neue Galerie and the companion portrait at MOMA, enjoyed several restaurants, a Broadway show, and went to Lion Brand yarn headquarters and to a contradance!

Diana3271 05-03-22 09:31 PM

Hi Everyone!

I think this is just going to be one of those weeks, not enough time to get things done.

No workout to report.

Cynthia Enjoy the hike.

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 05-04-22 06:26 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 4,835

seabliss 05-04-22 08:54 AM

Today I did Day 2 of Heather's new Fusion Flow workouts: Arms and Abs. I will also be walking down to the river and back later, so that will be a lot of steps.

Diana, hope the week is not too stessful!

Cynthia, I'm sure your trip will be wonderful. The Azores Islands are so green and peaceful, with some really interesting geography as well. You'll love the cheese and butter there--it's famous.

lynnf 05-04-22 09:41 AM

barre 3 weights. Enjoyed it. Today I am really going to try to get some office packing in. Yesterday I skipped it in favor of watching the old Pride and Prejudice dvd (with Colin Firth). Very bad behavior. But not enough to get me fired! I would have to do something really bad to get fired with tenure! I still have the summer to complete the job, but I want to get my files scanned so that I don't have boxes of paper to move and I need to get this set up before the end of the fiscal year due to budgeting rules (end of fiscal is July 1). I have to prepare the files for scanning, but a company will do it. I have 4 full file cabinets (yuck).

Cheryl, I will try that Heather next. Sounds good. I think these could be my go-to cardios. The only moves in the one I did that I didn't have fun with were the ones on the floor (the crab one was hard). Glad you are not a fan of the bear crawls too. Walking to the river sounds really nice.

Cynthia, great you take advantage of all the activities on your trip. By the way, my DH sometimes meets the owner of Lion yarns at prayer services when he comes out to sell to Walmart, and he always assures him that I use Lion yarn when I crochet. (Walmart world HQ is just up the road from us.)

Diana, I'm sure you can sympathize with a piles of papers to deal with after your move from your business!

monterey vidiot 05-04-22 04:06 PM

All right, so I'm not committing to any rotation right now, but today I did Kathy S's Rejuvenation Upper Body, with resistance tubing. I've had the Rejuvenation DVDs for quite some time but haven't done some of them ever. And I've enjoyed the ones I recently did.

Diana3271 05-04-22 09:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

Lynn Oh yes, I feel your pain with the paperwork.

Check-In: JS Total Body Timesaver (A short workout but at least I got something done. I was on my feet a lot today so I do have quite a few steps in)

We have a younger girl at church. Her Mom home schools her. You probably remember her from me mentioning that she is handicapped, her van had quit running, and I was picking up her groceries from Walmart. Anyways, the girl, Berkeley is in theater class. She had her final play of the season today and some of us from church went to it. It was fun and I enjoyed it.

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 05-05-22 07:47 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,540

monterey vidiot 05-05-22 02:13 PM

Check-in: very enjoyable 4 mile hike w/ new hiking buddy. We saw 2 coyotes!

seabliss 05-05-22 02:59 PM

Today I did Day 3 of Heather's Fusion Flow - low-impact HIIT. There was a really unique move in this one - a "driver squat." You hold one weight with both hands (she had a 10 lb-er) out in front of you, then you squat and twist the weight first one way, and then the other, like you are steering a car. I don't know how she comes up with these.

Also walked down to the river again. DH and I went to a big vintage/antique/wine/event space, an old warehouse-type of place with a great outdoor area. It was full of all kinds of unique (overpriced) oddities and antiques. You could get a drink and/or something to eat if you wanted. We always see interesting and beautiful sites on our way to places also. So again, I got a lot of walking in.

Cynthia, cool on the new walking buddy and the coyotes!

Lynn, Pride and Prejudice was a lot of fun. It was the first movie my Austin book club went to together, so I have fond memories. Sounds like you are still ahead of the game with packing.

Diana, so wonderful that you have the opportunity to connect with that girl and her family and to bless her.

lynnf 05-05-22 03:15 PM

Barre 3 45 minute signature. We had an awful night with lots of storms and the weather alarm going off a lot so we didn't get a good night's sleep. Happily no tornadoes or anything here, but lots of rain.

Cheryl, it really sounds like you have so many interesting things to do in Porto. Europe is so much fun.

Diana, sweet you went to that play!

Cynthia, sounds like a lovely hike and good those coyotes didn't get you. Despite thinking we live in civilization wild beasts are not all that far away. Apparently a large bear bothered someone not too far away from us. Yikes!

Diana3271 05-05-22 10:00 PM

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 2 hours swimming and paddling around, 50 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 05-06-22 08:49 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 14,181

seabliss 05-06-22 12:26 PM

Today I did Heather's ankle weight lower body workout as I could not be calm enough to do the Fusion Flow stretch workout today. Also am getting a full quote of walking.

Have a great weekend!

lynnf 05-06-22 05:12 PM

barre 3 flow class plus the 10 minute core.

Cheryl, can you ever do stretch classes? I love them.

monterey vidiot 05-06-22 06:23 PM

Check-in: Rejuvenation abs w/ small ball; 7 minute knees.

Diana3271 05-06-22 08:15 PM

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Walking

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 05-07-22 07:02 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 6,683

seabliss 05-07-22 08:37 AM

Rest day today!

Lynn, I can definitely do stretch classes, especially when I'm tired or sore. My workouts were light this week for me though, so I felt like I needed more.

Happy Mother's Day/Dog-Mom's Day!

monterey vidiot 05-07-22 11:25 AM

Check-in for this evening: contra dance in Monterey.

Diana3271 05-07-22 08:57 PM

Hi Everyone!

Yes, Happy Mother's Day/Fur Mom's Day (I also saw it called Mom at Heart Day)

Cynthia Have fun at the dance.

Check-In: Walking (Shopping for the Blessing Box at church)

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 05-08-22 05:50 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 8,832

monterey vidiot 05-08-22 09:38 AM

Happy Mother's Day! DD is working today, so no brunch. We're going out to dinner and I invited her boyfriend. This is his first Mother's Day since his mother died.

The dance was lots of fun. I had told my friend that I hiked with, about contradancing and she wanted to try it. She was the only newbie there and was wildly popular and a huge success. She already put the next dance (Monterey does them twice a month) into her calendar. I won't go to that one b/c I have a concert performance, but now she knows the basics and how friendly everyone is.

Back later.