Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Update from Mary @ Total Fitness (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=219143)

TinaT 03-13-17 03:37 PM

Update from Mary @ Total Fitness

I just finished chatting with Mary about Fitness Favorite productions. Many of you probably already know this, but it's worth repeating. Once the majority of all workout are sold out, they will not be ordering in more. The only titles they plan to keep on dvd will be Classic Volumes 1-6. All others go to streaming.

Many titles are not available at FitFavs, but just about everything is at Mary's site. Yet, the titles availabe at FF are good prices. For those of you like me, who have bought, sold, traded off, etc ...who might want some of these on dvd, go place your order. Mary said once she is out of stock she cannot get anymore. :(

Another end to an era coming......(dvd vs streaming).

TinaT 03-13-17 04:07 PM

Over @ FitFavs, the original Fitprimes are now $2.99, along with what is left of Fitprime/Kickbutt titles. Wow!! Many titles of the FIRM are $9.99. Great prices, but if what you want is out of stock, check Mary's site.

I feel a little panicked over the dvd versions going away. :eek:

yogapam 03-13-17 04:35 PM

Are they strictly going to be streaming as in a monthly or yearly subscription or do you mean downloads you can purchase individually? I am okay with downloads as living in Canada, shipping costs for dvds from the US are very high. I like my dvds too and suspected this was coming so I've purchased quite a few used older ones recently very cheap on amazon.ca.

TinaT 03-13-17 04:40 PM

They appear to be downloads. There are 3 right now in that category at FitFavs. http://www.fitnessfavorites.com/category-s/111.htm I'm sure more will be coming soon. Many titles are out of stock there, and soon to be at Mary's site.

bubbles76 03-13-17 06:14 PM

Yes I planned on getting a few at FitFaves for my birthday, along with maybe, possibly Sleek Technique. I keep going back and forth on that one :).

TinaT 03-13-17 06:48 PM

I ordered 4 from FitFavs yesterday and 5 from TF today. And my WL is full of others I hope to acquire before they're out of stock.

Taramisu 03-13-17 09:00 PM

I never thought I would say this, but I may grab a couple of the Firm Basics before they disappear. I had them years ago on VHS, but never on DVD. I think I deemed them too easy after a while and sold them off.

I need to think about it though, will probably wait for a sale. I need to remember in 80% of cases where I have unloaded a workout and reacquired it again, I end up getting rid of it again. This is a cycle that I really need to stop. It has added to a lot of wasted dollars for me other the years, I am kind of over it actually.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

TinaT 03-14-17 09:07 AM

I have also spent more than I care to admit on reacquiring dvds. :o Different seasons of life has led me to making "knee jerk" decisions for sure.

All I know, is for me, who loves having the actual dvd vs streaming, this is a no brainer.

PhyllisG 03-14-17 09:19 AM

I was an original Firmie and did their workouts exclusively for years and then moved on to Cathe and others. Last year I reacquired some of the original Firms plus compilations. I tried them and then ended up trading all of them. I just could not go back there for whatever reason. I hope I learned my lesson.

Jewels5 03-14-17 11:10 AM

I have a bunch of FitPrimes I'd be willing to trade (still sealed) if anyone is interested. I bought them thinking they were such a great deal but lost interest. Too many workouts!:o

carly 03-14-17 01:28 PM

In 2014 Fitness Favorites posted 3 old/live workouts on Youtube:

Just Right Live! Cardio, Weights, & Pilates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKDk2JF5g0

Just Right Live! Balance & Stretch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcue3YrdNg

The FIRM Yoga & Pilates Live Rehearsal Workout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGxL88CZPg

Lucky Star 03-14-17 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taramisu (Post 2699901)
I never thought I would say this, but I may grab a couple of the Firm Basics before they disappear. I had them years ago on VHS, but never on DVD. I think I deemed them too easy after a while and sold them off.

I need to think about it though, will probably wait for a sale. I need to remember in 80% of cases where I have unloaded a workout and reacquired it again, I end up getting rid of it again. This is a cycle that I really need to stop. It has added to a lot of wasted dollars for me other the years, I am kind of over it actually.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

I find the Basics addicting. Low/no-impact, no leg presses or tall box climbs, easy to follow moves you can easily heavy up, fun music (imo). These are great on my joints and also so great when coming back from illness or inactivity.

But I like using them as my regular workouts, again just heavying up the weights and maybe adding some oomph to the cardio. I just prefer moderate exercise that keeps me consistent. The older Firms - these especially - just say "fun" to me.

Taramisu 03-14-17 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Star (Post 2700041)
I find the Basics addicting. Low/no-impact, no leg presses or tall box climbs, easy to follow moves you can easily heavy up, fun music (imo). These are great on my joints and also so great when coming back from illness or inactivity.

But I like using them as my regular workouts, again just heavying up the weights and maybe adding some oomph to the cardio. I just prefer moderate exercise that keeps me consistent. The older Firms - these especially - just say "fun" to me.

Yeah, no tall box climbs is mainly why they appeal to me. I don't mind them and can still do them but I am trying to limit them if I can. The good thing is that I really don't have that many workouts with leg presses anymore anyway.

I am definitely more open to lower intensity options. I will probably get Sculpting w/Weights and Fat Burning, as I liked those two the best out of the three back in the day.

I am going to think about it for a bit and probably try and hold out for a sale though if my impatience doesn't give in. I am trying to be more thoughtful with buying as well as parting with DVDs.

Thanks for the endorsement!

AsSweetAsSugar 03-15-17 12:04 AM

Taramisu/Gina, what are the Firm Basics? TIA.

Lucky Star 03-15-17 02:56 AM

1) Firm Basics: Sculpting with Weights (Tracie Long)
2) Firm Basics: Fat Burning (Jennifer Carman & Stacey Milner-Collins)
3) Firm Basics: Abs, Buns & Thighs (Stacey Milner-Collins)

I also group the 2 Prime Powers videos (Fat Burning and Lower Body) and the 2 Basics 12-Minute Time Crunch series (Weights and Cardio) together with the 3 listed above.

Rhonda 03-15-17 06:52 AM

Thanks to this thread I am pulling out the Basics I have and plan on doing those along with walking. I need some strength but don't want anything over the top and these look just right.

I don't have the fat burning one but have put it in my cart at Marys. They are not very cheap at $16.95 each but fitness favorites is more at $19.99 so will wait and see if it goes on sale at some point or do I just bite the bullet.

meg39 03-15-17 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhyllisG (Post 2699971)
I was an original Firmie and did their workouts exclusively for years and then moved on to Cathe and others. Last year I reacquired some of the original Firms plus compilations. I tried them and then ended up trading all of them. I just could not go back there for whatever reason. I hope I learned my lesson.

I feel the same way. Loved being a Firmie back in the day, but whenever I try going back to those workouts, I just kind of dread doing them.

How is Aerobic Butt Busters different than either Light Aerobic Mix or the other one?

I'm glad you are enjoying them Tina! I think finding the workouts that make you want to do them every day (or several times a week) is key to being consistent with fitness.

Taramisu 03-15-17 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 2700120)
Thanks to this thread I am pulling out the Basics I have and plan on doing those along with walking. I need some strength but don't want anything over the top and these look just right.

I don't have the fat burning one but have put it in my cart at Marys. They are not very cheap at $16.95 each but fitness favorites is more at $19.99 so will wait and see if it goes on sale at some point or do I just bite the bullet.

Not to enable, but Collage has these too at $14.99 each. At least last I checked, I am looking at Sculpting with Weights and Fat Burning and they had both. Not sure about the Abs one though.

TinaT 03-15-17 07:58 AM

For me it's about what gives me the most for my time. Calorie burn wise, AWT is it. I'm using Fit Fav FIRMs, Fitprimes, and Tracie Long routines. I don't do tall box like I used it. I have a lower step I use as I rebuild the muscles around my knees.

I sold and traded off just about all my FIRMs at one point due to burnout. But I've learned to mix in other workouts with them, plus modify some of the moves. Plus, I can create 30 - 40 min routines due to chaptering.

And last but not least, I'm used to the 80's flash back. :D It's quite normal for me since Volume 1 is what got me exercising so many years ago.

I just wanted to make sure if anyone was thinking about picking some up to do so, as they won't be around forever.... on disc. ;)

TinaT 03-15-17 09:32 AM

Oh... one more thing... since one of my gifts is "enabling"... remember if you make a purchase of the Fitprimes, Kickbutts, or Firms and don't end up wanting them, they are quite tradeable. ;) Especially after they are out of stock.

bubbles76 03-15-17 09:37 AM

I was considering the G-Forces but don't have a rebounder. How well do they translate to the floor? Thinking of alternating with jumping rope or just doing the movements to the floor.

TinaT 03-15-17 11:06 AM

Hopefully someone will chime in about G-Force. I haven't had that one since the VHS days. I get rid of my rebounder years ago.

Garrie A. 03-15-17 11:23 AM

I have G-Force 1 with Tracie. You could do the workout entirely on the floor. One of the segments does have tuck jumps. I skip the weight training (and just do the rebounding segments). If you do decide to do the weight segments, one set is leg press, so have your Fanny Lifter, TransFirmer, or tall box handy.

I do the workout on the rebounder, since I have one :)

AsSweetAsSugar 03-15-17 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Star (Post 2700113)
1) Firm Basics: Sculpting with Weights (Tracie Long)
2) Firm Basics: Fat Burning (Jennifer Carman & Stacey Milner-Collins)
3) Firm Basics: Abs, Buns & Thighs (Stacey Milner-Collins)

I also group the 2 Prime Powers videos (Fat Burning and Lower Body) and the 2 Basics 12-Minute Time Crunch series (Weights and Cardio) together with the 3 listed above.

Thank you Gina! I'll check clips for those!

deineira 03-15-17 01:52 PM

I have the G-Force workouts too, and I guess you could do them on the floor, but I don't know that they're worth doing that way. There's nothing unique about them that you would want to have them if you don't have a rebounder unless you're a Firm completist. The one with Tracey is good. The one with Anna is OK, and the other one I have I found really boring. If you were going to get one, get Tracey's. It burned a good amount of calories, was moderately challenging, and I just like her in everything. If you love Tracey, it's worth having for sure.

bubbles76 03-15-17 04:34 PM

Thanks! Love Tracey, that was the main one i was considering :)

ebianco 03-15-17 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deineira (Post 2700218)
I have the G-Force workouts too, and I guess you could do them on the floor, but I don't know that they're worth doing that way. There's nothing unique about them that you would want to have them if you don't have a rebounder unless you're a Firm completist. The one with Tracey is good. The one with Anna is OK, and the other one I have I found really boring. If you were going to get one, get Tracey's. It burned a good amount of calories, was moderately challenging, and I just like her in everything. If you love Tracey, it's worth having for sure.

I really like G-Force 1 with Tracie too, but I agree with deineira that it isn't really worth it to do on the floor. Most of the workout is bouncing on the rebounder. If I were going to do floor cardio anyway I'd probably pick up something else from the Firm.

TinaT 03-20-17 05:41 PM

I'm over at Mary's site considering a few more Fit Fav Firms and I noticed some are moving closer to being out of stock.

Tough Tape w/Tracie - 22 left @ TF. Out of Stock at FF.
Buns, Hips & Thighs w/Tracie - 90 @ TF. Out of Stock @ FF.
5 Day Abs - Out of Stock @ both.
Cardio w/Heidi - Out of Stock @ both.

Other titles at TF have some well under 100 copies. Some under 50 copies. I waited too long and missed out on Firm Cardio. :( Bummer for me.

ncl 03-20-17 05:54 PM

I bought Up and Down and Core First of the Kickbutts for 2.99 each as I didn't have these on a formal DVD (I had burned my VHS to DVD, but on DVD-R and I think those will die sooner than a regular DVD).

wendug 03-20-17 06:39 PM

Don't forget to check amazon for copies of Firm dvd's you might want. A couple of weeks ago I was able to get Calorie Killer 2 (aka Power Cardio) with Dale Brabham new for $1.99. Goodwill was the seller, which I didn't realize they sold stuff through Amazon, and I did have to pay $3.99 for shipping. I was happy to get such a bargain! But you have to check frequently as things can be bought quickly!

Taramisu 03-21-17 06:56 AM

There is Collage too, they don't have as many Firm titles as Mary but they quite a few and some as low as $11.99. It doesn't look like they have Firm Cardio, but Firm Strength for $14.99 as well as Standing Legs for $14.99 which might be gone at other places. I cannot recall exactly.

Plus, they are having a 10% off sale right now, and free shipping at $18.99 or over. I order from Mary most often but will order from Collage too on occasion.

They have Basics Sculpting with Weights and Fat Burning for $14.99, I will likely pick those up there. While I like the Firms I have I think many of the others are lower body overkill which I am moving away from, probably why I ditched them long ago.

There are other Firms I am debating on reacquiring but will likely pass, I just don't want them back badly enough (I think). I have a nice little stash which is all I need.

TinaT 03-21-17 07:18 AM

When I think about re-acquiring the titles I let go, (which was a lot), I now think about them differently in reference to how I'll use them. The thought of powering through a full hour is not my goal anymore and hasn't been for many years. That's why I traded them for other workouts. But now I'm thinking I can break them into 2 or 3 workout depending on the routine.

Annette and the team did such a great job with chaptering, that it's possible to create shorter workouts. When I started my second 30 day round of fitness, I decided to use Firms, Fitprimes and Tracie Long. All of these are well chaptered and flexible with time frames. It really takes the overwhelmed feeling out of the workouts.

bubbles76 03-21-17 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meg39 (Post 2700125)
I feel the same way. Loved being a Firmie back in the day, but whenever I try going back to those workouts, I just kind of dread doing them.

Maybe you dread doing them because they are so long? Tina's suggestion of breaking them up is perfect; don't know why I never thought of doing that. This is why I haven't tackled the first three Classics yet, although I now own them all. I may just split them up.

bubbles76 03-21-17 03:10 PM

Okay, I'm thinking of making this my birthday buy:
  • FitPrime Kickbutt 4 Day 4 Way Mini Fusion
  • Firm Better Body and Buns
  • Firm Cardio Split
  • FlexPosture with Tamela Hastie
  • G-Force Rebounding with Tracie - yes, no rebounder, but I love Tracie! and I'm eyeball that B-Bounder :)

What do you think? I have not pressed the buy button yet. And I have the other FitPrime/Kickbutt compilations.

TinaT 03-21-17 03:47 PM

bubbles76 ~ If pressing that button helps you to do something good for yourself on a regular basis, than push the button. :)

TinaT 03-23-17 08:23 AM

For those of you who are considering G-Force w/Tracie, it just happens to be the deal of the day at Mary's. $4.99 with 43 in stock. G-Force 3 & 4 set is also $4.99 with 123 in stock. :D

On her Going, going, gone list, she has Tracie Long Leaning Out. Only 3 left!! (One of my favorites from Tracie). Her Weightless is also on this list with only 14 left.

bubbles76 03-23-17 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaT (Post 2701379)
bubbles76 ~ If pressing that button helps you to do something good for yourself on a regular basis, than push the button. :)

Tina, you are trouble lol! I was gifted one workout by a sweet VFer, so I think that I am going to buy. I also plan on posting some to give away, once I go through my collection.

TinaT 03-23-17 12:10 PM

You are WELCOME bubbles76!! All I know is once their gone, it will be hard to get my hands on the ones I let go years ago. I don't have many regrets in life, but one I do have, is being hasty in getting rid of workouts I wished I had kept.

pgun3 03-25-17 07:24 PM

Well I went to TFD and bought $250 of videos and bought Standing legs for $20 which included shipping. I had to buy all the firms I could. The Firm was the first home videos I ever purchased and I have to have them all.

I need to get back into working out though!! I will start with the firm basics because of comments above!!

Thanks for the heads up on the firms no longer being put out on DVD!!! I can't do streaming, my internet is too slow!

Donna D 03-25-17 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaT (Post 2701675)
For those of you who are considering G-Force w/Tracie, it just happens to be the deal of the day at Mary's. $4.99 with 43 in stock. G-Force 3 & 4 set is also $4.99 with 123 in stock. :D

Thank you Tina. I immediately ordered the above when I saw your posting and received today from Mary. Waiting for the b-bounder to arrive on Monday! G-Force with Tracie is now sold out on Mary's site.