Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What are you NOT doing in 2017 that you did a (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=217946)

Dabbadooey 11-30-16 04:06 PM

What are you NOT doing in 2017 that you did a

lot of in 2016? I went to barre3 live studio classes in 2016, and while I enjoyed it, it was too expensive and gave me a tractor butt.

bubbles76 11-30-16 04:11 PM

I'm googling tractor butt.

PittyPat 11-30-16 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2677353)
I'm googling tractor butt.

I did that and I'm very sorry I did.

Still wondering what the OP meant.:confused:

Dabbadooey 11-30-16 04:27 PM

Ok I just made up tractor butt.

Aunt Famous 11-30-16 05:38 PM

As your fellow Southerner (Georgian in the house), I am guessing that "tractor butt" means a wide, flat butt, like one that fits nicely in the wide, flat seat of the tractor. I wouldn't want that, either.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com

Nuggie's Auntie 11-30-16 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Famous (Post 2677380)
As your fellow Southerner (Georgian in the house), I am guessing that "tractor butt" means a wide, flat butt, like one that fits nicely in the wide, flat seat of the tractor. I wouldn't want that, either.

AF

I'm trying to figure out how barre3 would yield such a bottom?! Might it have resulted from other factors?

I don't plan to do anything differently in 2017. I have loved barre since 2011, and I love it still. :love:

Nuggie's Auntie 11-30-16 05:48 PM

I googled tractor butt and found numerous images of some strange support device that gives you a very high, lifted bum. It looks nasty to me, but it seems to be a sought after look for some. :confused:

Usia 11-30-16 05:50 PM

I googled "tractor butt" under images, and got an eyeful. I can tell that this has the potential to be a fun thread! :D

As for what I'm NOT going to do in 2017, is I'm not going to worry so much about everything. I have to stay positive. I'll continue with my present workouts, so no changes there.

cherimac 11-30-16 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Famous (Post 2677380)

AF

That was my thought too(fellow Georgia girl, AF).

Trying to fit various things in. I will do what works and feels good for me.

ebianco 11-30-16 06:32 PM

I am making some changes (which I've already instituted this month). This year I revisited many Firm/WHFN style workouts and I loved them...but my riding boots went on this month and my calves got thick again :eek: (I had had thick calves most of my life but they thinned out the last three or four years with barre and Tonique). I never stopped doing barre but I decided to give up Firm style workouts once again and revisit Tonique workouts. I did Tonique from time to time this last year, but not 2-3 times a week like I have in the past.

I'd also like to work up the nerve to revisit HoCo...this last year my fitness declined as I got married, bought a new house, and generally enjoyed some fantastic life events that kept me away from my best fitness regimen. I'm also trying to put a sincere effort into my diet. Once again I'm so grateful for the amazing life events I've had, but I have been derailed and gained about 15 pounds in the 3 years that my now hubby and I have been together. Now that things are settled, time to re-prioritize my health!

ETA: LOL at the tractor butt comment :D