Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What have you stuck with? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232816)

anetta 05-19-22 08:26 AM

Walking, bike riding and CS and qigong.

Anita

Pat58 05-19-22 08:31 AM

• Winsor Pilates
  • Ellen Barrett
  • Jane Fonda
  • Kathy Smith
  • Margaret Richard
  • Bellyfit

I've pretty much gone back to my tried and true favorites and pared down a lot. Especially yoga DVDs that I can't do anymore.

Demeris 05-19-22 09:21 AM

I'm a broken record:

T-Tapp
CS/Essentrics
Barre

Karla25 05-19-22 09:26 AM

The Firm & Cathe, but I don't do them regularly anymore. I've moved over to less challenging and more feel-good workouts. :heart:

Vintage VFer 05-19-22 10:53 AM

I couldn't answer this question!

I've stuck consistently with working out for 42 years. It's not the instructor or method or gadget. It is the a goal of moving and staying strong.

donnamp 05-19-22 11:02 AM

I try out a lot of different things but I do ultimately come back to:

Ellen
Essentrics/CS
Jessica Smith
Walking/Walking Workouts
Pilates

Fun thread!

Donna

laurajhawk 05-19-22 11:25 AM

Always yoga. Usually something else too, but always yoga.

fanofladyvols 05-19-22 07:39 PM

Definitely a fun question!

I may have some new faves. (Kettlebells, Cathe, Tracie Long)

However, the workouts that I seem to never tire of step, Pilates, kickboxing and anything Tamilee :love:

I was never able to do step on a platform with multiple risers. So it may only be one riser, or just the platform nowadays, but still fun!

I'm just so grateful I have kept moving!

Erica H. 05-19-22 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2965929)
Definitely a fun question!

I actually found it depressing (for my situation). I ran consistently for 23 years and thought it would be part of my life forever until last year when I got injured and eventually had surgery. It's been one year since I last ran and I'm not even allowed to try again for four more months. I can't even walk now without pain so I can't even imagine running. I may not be able to ever run again. At this point, my goal is to walk without pain.

I also got a concussion in January and am still struggling with symptoms. Exertion makes me feel bad so I can't do much. After being so active before - running, lifting weights, spinning, using my heavy bag, etc. - this has all made me very depressed. Running was a huge part of my identity and now it's gone.

Meanwhile, I've gained a whole bunch of weight due to inactivity and depression.

I know others have handled similar circumstances in much better ways than I have and I feel quite ashamed for my reaction.

Anyway, running and weights were what I stuck with - and planned on sticking with - because they worked for me mentally and phyically.

Erica

Usia 05-19-22 09:16 PM

Consistent exercise. That's the one and only thing I've stuck with since the 1980s. The focus of my exercises changes all the time; from cardio to strength to pilates to barre and other. But the one thing I've stuck with for over 40 years is that I consistently do a structured workout (whatever it is) about 5 times per week. It has become a habit and a way of life for me. It's the only constant and a non-negotiable thing in my life.