Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What have you stuck with? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232816)

Tanja 05-18-22 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusca (Post 2965724)
I almost started Metrx 180 this week. I went with my ole fave, CLX, since I've been away from weights for more than 6 months and it has few sets. I completed 2 full rotations of Metrx in 2020. If I did it again, I'd modify phase 2-3 as it was just way too much abs and cardio training, in which my knees paid dearly for it. They would ache during sleep. The pain went away after finishing the rotation.

I finished the CLX rotation a few weeks ago. I loved it! After that I did 3 weeks of Cathe's Slow and Heavy and now I am doing the STS rotation, with Meso 1 for one month, Meso 2 for two months and Meso 3 for one month. I love lifting straight weights, I used to love AWT but now I like to separate the workouts.

Laura S. 05-18-22 06:58 PM

I've stuck with strength work. I never thought I'd love it more than cardio. I'm going to the YMCA these days and prefer doing various strength options over cardio.

Janine 05-18-22 07:39 PM

The last few years its been Classical/Essentrics. Do it every day. I love it!
Also Strength, mostly Cathe. Since getting a puppy, walking a lot.

Paula N 05-18-22 07:42 PM

I took my first step aerobics class in 1996 at a local rec centre, and just did a Kat Gates step video earlier today, with probably at least a couple of thousand step workouts in between. It is the form of exercise that just suits both my mind and my body perfectly. I've dabbled in other activities over the years, and have always done one or two obligatory strength workouts a week, but I am at my happiest when I am stepping.

alisoncooks 05-18-22 08:25 PM

I’ve consistently loved side-lying, Pilates-style lower body work for always. :p That’s unchanged.

I’ve also always preferred toning or strength workouts to cardio or other.
That still true, but I’ve found a cardio that I don’t hate…or at least don’t mind doing. I’ve rowed 255,697 meters since January (I’m short and pretty slow, lol, but that’s roughly 3-4x a week, gradually increasing time/meters).

Lori_Michigan 05-18-22 08:29 PM

Cathe 1993 to present
Leslie 2010 to present
Ellen 2010 to present
Jessica 2013 to present
Tracie Long 2015 to present
CS/Essentrics 2012 to present

gladgirl 05-18-22 08:39 PM

FIRM
Cathe
KB
treadmill/rebounder

All still going strong. 😊

DCW 05-19-22 05:11 AM

Essentrics. My sister got me started then another sister joined us plus a friend.

Walking outdoors because i can do it anytime.

fatkat555 05-19-22 07:35 AM

Firm (classics)
Barre
I dabble in yoga :)
I’m beginning to try more Pilates

Sollamyn 05-19-22 08:21 AM

- Strength training with dumbbells--I've tried bands and tubing and few other little gadgets over the years, but I always go back to dumbbells.

- Yoga (the relaxing type, for flexibility and mental health)

- Walking outdoors

As for instructors: Jessica Smith, Kathy Smith, Karen Voight, Rodney Yee, and few others occasionally like Chris Freytag and Michelle Dozois (sometimes along with Lisa Wheeler and Tracy York :D)

Donna