Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic Off Topic: What are you binge watching? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228217)

sherry7899 05-08-22 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy B (Post 2964556)
I just treated myself to BritBox for Mother's Day. So much I want to watch. I love British TV! Looking forward to watching the new season of Shakespeare and Hathaway. DD's coming home tomorrow for a few days and we'll be watching the latest season of Father Brown while she's here.

Great idea! I have to get back to it. During the summer they had a half off sale .

Vintage VFer 05-08-22 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gams (Post 2964470)
I’ve been watching Northern Exposure. I love the cast, the writing and quirky characters. A really well done show.

I was in an acting class with John Corbett (aka "Chris") before he was cast on Northern Exposure. I had such a crush on him. :heart:

Now he is married to Bo Derek!

Leonana 05-08-22 12:23 PM

I've been watching Agatha Raisin on Acorn. It's different from the books, but I still like it. Although, I have the same feelings about James in the show and books, and wish Agatha would just drop him, lol.

Sissy B 05-08-22 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonana (Post 2964561)
I've been watching Agatha Raisin on Acorn. It's different from the books, but I still like it. Although, I have the same feelings about James in the show and books, and wish Agatha would just drop him, lol.

I got Acorn last year when they added the first two episodes of Midsomer Murders Series 22. Agatha Raisin is another favorite. I've only read a few of the books and wasn't that impressed, but I love the show.

I've already watched the first episode of Shakespeare and Hathaway Season 4 since adding BritBox this morning. I love this show! So much fun. Taking a break to watch college baseball right now.

SpiritYogi 05-08-22 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2964560)
I was in an acting class with John Corbett (aka "Chris") before he was cast on Northern Exposure. I had such a crush on him. :heart:

That is so :cool: !

bee 05-08-22 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2964560)

Now, he is married to Bo Derek!

OMG, lucky you! I loved Northern Exposure! I saw him on something recently..... can't think what it was. I had no idea he married Bo Derek.

Leonana 05-08-22 11:52 PM

I remember watching Northern Exposure when it first came out years ago. I loved it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy B (Post 2964564)
I got Acorn last year when they added the first two episodes of Midsomer Murders Series 22. Agatha Raisin is another favorite. I've only read a few of the books and wasn't that impressed, but I love the show.

I've already watched the first episode of Shakespeare and Hathaway Season 4 since adding BritBox this morning. I love this show! So much fun. Taking a break to watch college baseball right now.

I need to get Britbox. I love British shows.

Vintage VFer 05-17-22 01:27 PM

I just finished Outer Range on Amazon Prime. It didn't make a lick of sense, but I always like watching Josh Brolin. :)

Lori_Michigan 05-17-22 02:51 PM

We just finished Bloodline on Netflix. Not sure how to feel about it yet. We watched all three seasons but I wasn't thrilled with the ending. I sure liked seeing the Florida keys though.

Honeydew 05-17-22 07:01 PM

I finished watching Ice Fantasy awhile ago, it's a Chinese epic fantasy. Not what I would normally watch but I was really drawn to it. It was taken off Netflix and I"m not sure where to to watch it now. Here's the theme song with some clips from the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpLCCD490OM

gigi 05-17-22 07:10 PM

I'm watching Unforgotten through amazon. It is a PBS show. It's about a team of DCI's that solve historial murders. The writing is so good and I really care about the people and it makes me feel all the feels. The stories are quite sad though but so, so good.

Carol K 05-17-22 08:15 PM

There's going to be a 5th season of Unforgotten.

gigi 05-18-22 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol K (Post 2965632)
There's going to be a 5th season of Unforgotten.

I'm about to finish episode 3 of season 3. I watched an episode while I was getting ready this morning.

Carol K 05-18-22 06:20 PM

I was actually very surprised there was a season 4 and now there's going to be a season 5. We can't get enough British TV in the U.S. and I think that's why the series keep getting renewed. :)

Vintage VFer 05-19-22 10:30 AM

The Amazon Original show Undone has good reviews.

I lasted 5 minutes and Joni-O'd it! I didn't like the style.

Vintage VFer 05-26-22 12:20 PM

I'm watching Sneaky Pete. I'm not usually a fan of crime dramas, but Giovanni Ribisi is such a talented actor it makes it very enjoyable. Bryan Cranston is also very good in this.

bee 05-26-22 12:26 PM

I really enjoyed WeCrashed on AppleTV. Interesting story and great acting.

warriorprincess 05-26-22 12:59 PM

Enjoying Bosch Legacy now.

weener 05-27-22 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorprincess (Post 2966764)
Enjoying Bosch Legacy now.

I just got done watching this - hoping for more shows soon.

DD546 05-27-22 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2966758)
I'm watching Sneaky Pete. I'm not usually a fan of crime dramas, but Giovanni Ribisi is such a talented actor it makes it very enjoyable. Bryan Cranston is also very good in this.

I loved Sneaky Pete! I was really sorry that they didn't at least have one more season.

I'm not really binging anything right now. Just watching a lot of British crime shows on Britbox and Acorn. I think the quality of the shows is generally so much better than US television. That said, I loved Bosch, and I'm looking forward to watching Bosch Legacy.

hocuspocus 05-28-22 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2966758)

Loved Sneaky Pete!

Vintage VFer 05-28-22 11:30 AM

I had a binge within a binge. I watched the first season of Julia Roberts' "Homecoming." I liked a lot about it. (Not crazy about the last episode.)

Back to Sneaky Pete!

Lori_Michigan 05-28-22 04:26 PM

Another Sneaky Pete fan!!

The 2nd season of Flight Attendant was binge worthy. Hacks is also worth a watch!

Below Deck Down Under on Peacock is totally dreamy, due to the new captain! Wow!

ardnas 05-28-22 05:24 PM

Just finished the Kdrama My Absolute Boyfriend and really enjoyed it. About a humanoid robot who falls in love. Now watching another Kdrama, The Silent Sea - which is ok so far. SciFi on Moon.

Also watching Pen15.

Vintage VFer 06-15-22 11:29 AM

Not a TV show - all the Twilight movies are currently free on Prime. I never read the books and have only seen a few of the films.

I started the first one last night. :)

Carol K 06-15-22 11:33 AM

I am now on season 6 of Seaside Hotel and season 2 of Broadchurch.

ChelePA 06-15-22 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2968786)
Not a TV show - all the Twilight movies are currently free on Prime. I never read the books and have only seen a few of the films.

I started the first one last night. :)

You’re bringing back memories. I absolutely loved the books. I thought the movies were just OK. A little cheesy but I still enjoyed them!

SpiritYogi 06-15-22 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol K (Post 2968787)
I am now on season 6 of Seaside Hotel and season 2 of Broadchurch.

Broadchurch is a really good series!! :D

sherry7899 06-15-22 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2968805)
Broadchurch is a really good series!! :D

I loved it.

Laura S. 06-15-22 07:18 PM

We're at my mother-in-law's house, so I'm watching a lot of Hallmark. I watch a movie periodically at home, but here it feels more like the binge watching asked about in the title of the thread.

mandie123 06-16-22 05:40 AM

I am watching season3 of A place to call home on Acorn,very good!

SpiritYogi 06-16-22 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandie123 (Post 2968853)
I am watching season3 of A place to call home on Acorn,very good!

Another good one!! :cool:

DBW 06-16-22 02:06 PM

Better Call Saul, and eagerly awaiting the release of the final episodes!

sherry7899 06-16-22 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBW (Post 2968906)

I cannot wait!

zoegirl 06-16-22 02:18 PM

Quote:

It's the best!!! :love:

bubbles76 06-16-22 02:36 PM

Bridgerton.

alisoncooks 06-16-22 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2968909)
Bridgerton.

I have the house all to myself next week — season 2 is on my watch list.
Along with:
Umbrella Academy s3
Stranger Things s4

And a bunch of movies (like the newest Emma version)

Currently I’m watching Call the Midwife (again) so I can watch season 10, which I dvr’d when it aired.

bzar 06-16-22 03:23 PM

DH and I went to see the new Downton Abbey film in the theatre - "A New Era," and it prompted him to want to watch the TV series. We saw the 1st feature film in theatres a few years ago - 2019?

our kids got me the entire TV series on Blu-ray for 2020 Christmas and i hadn't watched it all, so for the past week or so, we've been watching all of the TV series shows, and DH has been watching cast interviews on youtube.:sun:

he's home for the summer (he's a teacher) and he's been watching Upstairs Downstairs (the vintage series) on youtube and enjoying it.

i haven't gotten into Gilded Age so much. may revisit later.

Carol K 06-16-22 03:42 PM

We just saw the latest Downton Abbey movie as well. They say there might be another one, but I think this latest one makes for a good finale. We watched the series as it aired, had no idea until the last episode of the first season that there was going to be another season. :)

Lori_Michigan 06-16-22 07:38 PM

Quote:

I know! I think sometime in July. Fearing what happens with Kim!