Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

yogapam 12-09-21 12:08 PM

Catching up with another quickie, been a busy week & I have houseguests tonight.

Tues:
~Taught Essentrics
~PT exercises
~Standing yoga flow on my own, about 15 min

Wed:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Jessica Smith 6 Mike Mix: w/u & steady burn mile
~MR Unplugged: 1903 - triceps, pecs, Abs, quads, & calves
~Seated leg & hip stretches on my own

Waving to everyone!

Margot 12-09-21 03:10 PM

Hello all!

I spent the morning walking around the city of Gloucester. In the afternoon I did a HIIT workout unintentionally! I needed to get some documents certified, so I walked down the hill to our local Post Office. Just before going into the store realised I'd left my mask in another coat pocket, so raced back up the hill to get it. Back down the hill, got to the counter and then was told that I needed the original and a copy of one of the documents, so back up the hill again! And back down the hill again for the third time...:D Phew! I was exhausted after all that rushing around.

This evening I did:
- Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga & Pilates (Floor)
- YWK - Evening Yoga for Flexibility & Relaxation. This was nice. I can why you gel with Kassandra Pat. She has a nice demeanour about her.

Cyana - Glad your MELT roller finally showed up. It is a great roller; just the right amount of pressure.

Sandra - :D I think you'd be doing your second cousin a huge favour in volunteering to house sit for him. If he's travelling so much, it would surely give him peace of mind knowing his house is being looked after while he's away. ;)

Paine - You must feel chuffed you didn't get DOMS from doing one of Cathe's workouts. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to tackle one of her workouts these days.

Beth - My favourite Slings is one of the practices on Karin's Daily Practice Volume 2, which targets hip and rib mobility. I've noticed my neck and shoulders are a lot happier these days. I'm also finding this one beneficial, which was basically the practice Karin did for balancing the hips in her tutorial. So pleased you have a nice long break to look forward to after the stress of the past few weeks.

Pam - Hope you have a great time with your houseguests.

Waves Sherry, Linda, Garrie, Karen Jo and anyone popping in today.

luvcritters 12-09-21 08:25 PM

Today I tried Jessica's Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness and Energy for 5 minutes but I didn't like the music. Then it was 5 minutes of Walkout but I wasn't in the mood for Jane Fonda. I gave the recumbent bike 10 minutes before I finally gave in and used Cubii Jr for an hour. Later I did Section 1 of Tai Chi for Daily Practice with DDR.

cyana, I assume your aunt used Sweet Oil in your ear. My mom used it. I got some from Amazon last week and used it everyday with the heating pad. No fried bologna sandwich but I would if I could.:) Today when I put the oil in there was a loud boom:eek: and the pain finally went away.

Beth, my earache finally went away today. It's weird to be this old and still feel like I'm 20. Too bad my joints don't agree.

Sandra, Meow tells me when a package comes. Probably so she can run out the door when I open it. She doesn't like to walk on uneven ground. This morning she wanted to get to the bedroom window but I had the blanket bunched up around me. I moved the blanket and told her to go ahead. It sounded like she said "alright." Lo

Margot, I have a big hilly yard. I hate the days when I take outgoing mail to the mailbox and have to walk down later after the mailman arrives. And just as I get to the top of the hill a neighbor will be driving by and stop and I go back down to talk. I'm on a corner and the hill on the other side is longer and steeper. I use that side for intentional exercise.:D

JustSandra 12-09-21 10:12 PM

Hi again!

Today's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Linda: Glad your ear is doing better. Miss MM has so much personality!

Margot: That's an interesting HIIT workout. ;)

Waving to all!

toaster 12-10-21 09:02 AM

Margot, thanks for the link to that practice. I've done the ball under the hip flexor before and like it, so I think that routine would be good for me; I also think a lot of my hip/back issues stem from hip flexor tightness.

Linda, glad your ear is feeling better. I don't feel like I'm 20, but sometimes I read descriptions of people in their 50s as if they were elderly, and I certainly don't feel like that, either! :p (PS - DH loves fried bologna!)

Happy Friday all. :sun:

Margot 12-10-21 09:10 AM

Happy Friday everyone!

This morning I did:
- HealthBarre Zoom Class

I'm planning on yoga or qigong this evening.

My multi functional cooker died this lunchtime.:( The silver lining is that I've been wanting an Instant pot for ages. Amazon has 3 models on sale today. I was wondering if anyone here has a model they would recommend please? I'm intrigued by the newer model with the air fryer but am not sure if it may be better to buy that separately. I'm just getting more and more confused, as the reviews always seem to be mixed, no matter which pot I'm looking at. :confused: Thanks. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

sherry7899 12-10-21 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigs (Post 2949217)
Happy Friday everyone!

This morning I did:
- HealthBarre Zoom Class

I'm planning on yoga or qigong this evening.

My multi functional cooker died this lunchtime.:( The silver lining is that I've been wanting an Instant pot for ages. Amazon has 3 models on sale today. I was wondering if anyone here has a model they would recommend please? I'm intrigued by the newer model with the air fryer but am not sure if it may be better to buy that separately. I'm just getting more and more confused, as the reviews always seem to be mixed, no matter which pot I'm looking at. :confused: Thanks. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I bought an Instant Pot several years ago, so I don't have a newer model. However, I have read multiple times that the air fryer attachment is tiny, so it is likely better to buy a separate air fryer.

Pat58 12-10-21 09:24 AM

Good morning all! Happy Fry Day! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ YWK's latest Morning Yin - Hips & Hamstrings
~ Shakti Warrior Lesson 9, Undulate and Integrate
~ Bird Everyday #4, 5 Minute Morning Full Body Stretch
~ 5,979 steps.

Really liked the morning yin, but Bird's was kind of meh. Maybe it just didn't work after my Alice B. workout, they have totally opposite personalities.

Margot, your walk in Gloucester sounds so nice. I've earned a lot of steps running back for my mask, too. :D

I have the Instant Pot Duo 6 quart 7-in-1 and am happy for it. It's a champ, been beeping and steaming away since 2015. Honestly though, the only functions I use are manual, slow cooker, steam and saute. I've heard mixed reviews on the air fryer but am very interested in it. Do you Facebook at all? There are Instant Pot communities who give the real low down and good tips.

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

cyana 12-10-21 10:34 AM

A quick TGIF fly by! :music::music::music:

Will check in and chat over the week-end.

Margot - My IP is probably the same as or comparable to Pat's and it has worked like a champ. I find America's Test Kitchen (ATK) reviews to be helpful. I realize not all models may be available in the UK, but appreciate their favorite and best buy recommendations. They may push me over the air fryer edge soon. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGLX40ge4zQ - here they do a comparison between a slow cooker and IP (spoiler alert: they said you need an IP :D )

I'm not familiar with these guys - SORTEDfood, but they talk about hobs, so I suspect they're from your neck of the woods: ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKqvav-PrE

Here's an ATK review of air fryers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPhBzPx4bc (comparison between basic air fryers and the countertop convection-air fryer models)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FrOJTdDoI (Megan from Detoxinista and she includes the IP air fryer).

Let me know what you decide. Must get back to work.

yogapam 12-10-21 11:21 AM

Popping quickly in with my $.02 about air fryers….

I have the 8 quart Duo Crisp air fryer IP. I like the 8 quart size and some of the features it has, but I’m not impressed with it as an air fryer. The basket is deep, but very narrow. It is great for roasting things like JSPs. I’ve also done small hams in it using the trivet instead of the basket, 5 min on pressure and then several minutes on broil with a glaze, comes out super moist. The sous vide function works great and DH uses it a lot.

I also have an air fryer oven. It is taller than the air fryer toaster oven in the video, and I love it. It has two racks, a basket, & a rotisserie. It cleans up really easily. It is similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/Innsky-Touchsc...9153122&sr=8-5

Back later to post workouts….

Pat58 12-10-21 12:08 PM

Pam, how many servings can you cook up at once in that? One of my big hesitations about air fryers is needing to cook in multiple small portions.

Paine 12-10-21 12:13 PM

Margot, I recommend the 8 quart Instant Pot. Some recipes call for a bigger size and it's cumbersome to do the math to cut down a recipe. I have the 10 quart but I use my 8 quart iPot most of the time. I had the 6 quart but got rid of it when I moved and the 6 quart takes about the same counter space as the 8 quart. I don't have the air fryer Instant Pot model so I don't know about that. I have a Breville air fryer. I agree with Sherry that it's better to buy a separate air fryer.

Margot 12-10-21 03:36 PM

You guys are great. :)Thank you all for your thoughts on the IPs. It's good to know they are built to last. At first I thought it would be good to have the air fryer as one of the features and save some money but agree that if it's so small then it'd be best to buy a separate machine. Thanks Pam for the link on the one similar to yours. It looks really nice. Thanks Cyana too for the links to the reviews. I think I'll have to wait on the air fryer but maybe next year for my birthday?:D We don't have many choices here but at the moment the Duo Evo Plus, which the reviewer recommended from the ATK site sounds like a good fit for me. Apparently, it's good for custom cooking and not locked into smart programs; has handles on the inner pot and is in the 8 quart size too. I probably should join Facebook, as I seem to be missing out on all these good sites!

Thanks again for helping me decide.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

yogapam 12-10-21 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2949239)
Pam, how many servings can you cook up at once in that? One of my big hesitations about air fryers is needing to cook in multiple small portions.

My AF oven is versatile as it has a good sized basket and two wire racks. I like the racks for bagels, meatballs, wings, asparagus, chicken breast strips, mini naan bread pizzas, & nachos. I like to use the basket for veggies like baby potatoes, sweet potato fries, mixed veggies like zucchini & peppers, & cubed butternut squash. I can easily do enough for 4 people. DH has even baked a 9” pan of brownies in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paine (Post 2949241)
Margot, I recommend the 8 quart Instant Pot. Some recipes call for a bigger size and it's cumbersome to do the math to cut down a recipe. I have the 10 quart but I use my 8 quart iPot most of the time. I had the 6 quart but got rid of it when I moved and the 6 quart takes about the same counter space as the 8 quart. I don't have the air fryer Instant Pot model so I don't know about that. I have a Breville air fryer. I agree with Sherry that it's better to buy a separate air fryer.

Yes I use my 8 quart more than my 6 quart although there are times I have both going. I use a 3 quart IP liner inside my 8 quart for rice. The 8 quart is great for making stock and big batches of soups, stews, & chili. We love the “cook once eat twice philosophy” and I often freeze leftover soups to take to my kids.
ETA I also agree it’s better to buy a separate air fryer.

yogapam 12-10-21 08:21 PM

Back to post my workouts…..

Thursday:
~My friend’s Essentrics class
~Neighbourhood walk

Today:
~Essentrics TV: Maude’s new live :love:
~Unplugged: 1904 - biceps, Abs, glutes

I went for a lovely massage this afternoon, first one in ages!

Waves to all!

luvcritters 12-11-21 01:04 AM

Checking in with 45 minutes on Cubii.

sherry7899 12-11-21 09:00 AM

Yesterday was:

30 minute walk
30 minute Body Groove workout
Yoga Ranger for upper back

Today may be a rest day. One of my cats woke me at 4 am.

Margot 12-11-21 09:39 AM

Happy Weekend to all!:sun:

Yesterday evening:
- ETV Maude's Live Class :heart:

Today:
- Body Groove Feel Good Now
- Karin Hands to Heart 3-Point Weight Bearing :love:

I think I'll only be doing some stretching for my spine tonight. I was moving some furniture and pulled my back. In retrospect, I should have called my DH to do it but thought I'd be able to manage!

Pam - I didn't know the air fryer could be so versatile. I'm sure I really need one!;) I can see one of the reasons people love to come and stay with you. Your food all sounds so :yummy:. Your massage sounds wonderful. I could do with one now!

Sherry - 4am is too early for a wake-up call.:( Hope your back is feeling better these days.

Waves to all!

Pat58 12-11-21 12:19 PM

Pam, thank you for that info. I might have to pinch my pennies for that air fryer and find room, which is the biggest challenge. I never thought of doing veggies in it and that sounds like a deal breaker.

Welcome to the Instant Pot Club, Margot!

I couldn't manage to squeeze in much exercise time yesterday, but accomplished LWR's Advent Calender Day 4, 7 Minute Lower Body Workout, plus about 6,000 steps.

Have a nice Saturday everyone!

Paine 12-11-21 12:30 PM

CS #1404

CS #1404 was done in the prettiest garden/wooded setting of all the episodes I've done so far.

Margot, I love my Instant Pot! It's my most used appliance. :D

Happy Saturday everyone!

luvcritters 12-11-21 02:46 PM

Tai Chi Fit Flow and recumbent bike

Sherry, your cat woke you about the time I go to sleep.

sherry7899 12-11-21 04:42 PM

Today was a Sarabeth yoga practice and my own 15 minute upper body workout. That is all I had energy for. Tomorrow is a planned rest day, and I did not want to take two in a row.

Is anyone doing the Zoom call tomorrow?

yogapam 12-12-21 12:19 AM

Today was a rest day of sorts, DH and I took advantage of the morning sunshine & went for a walk.

Sherry - I plan to join the VF zoom.

Waves to all!

sherry7899 12-12-21 09:34 AM

Pam, it will be so nice to see you! I have only done one Zoom meeting, and to be honest I am TOTALLY uncomfortable with being on camera. I hate it, but it's a chance to "meet" people on here, so I will do it. :love:

toaster 12-12-21 10:49 AM

It looks like the Zoom thing was something that came up as part of the gift exchange? I didn't see anything on it...but I get kind of Zoomed out after doing it for work all the time. :o

Sherry, you will be fine on the Zoom. Especially when there are multiple people (really, any more than 4-5), you can't really look at each other on screen anyway, so no one is really noticing you! You could put it on "speaker view" so that the person who is talking is in a larger view (which also helps to ensure that your eyes will appear to be making eye contact rather than looking off to the side of your screen).

Paine, are you glad you purchased Season 14? I still want to make an effort to do more CS; I was thinking about pulling it out today, maybe one of the episodes you have recommended in the past. ;)

Pat, I liked the couple of 7-minute routines I have done from LWR (I think arms & back); I'll have to try more of them.

Margot, hope your back is feeling okay today!

Linda, glad you are hanging in there with us; I hope the sense of community here might make this month a tiny bit easier for you. :heart:

cyana, I hope you haven't had to work this weekend!

Hello to Sandra, Garrie, Karen Jo - did I miss anyone?

I'm not posting my whole exercise week but thought I would highlight a few things.

I've felt kind of "meh" towards exercise since Thanksgiving. I've been consistent every day, sometimes even doing little stretching things at work, but for the most part, I've done shorter routines and not a lot of strength work. I did do a short (20 min) upper body KB routine on Friday; the DOMS kicked in last night and I am still feeling it! :eek: I haven't kept up with 100 KB swings/day (although I did that 1 day this week), but I am still trying to make sure I get in some KB work every week, even if it is short, including a Human 2.0 routine I did Thursday, I think.

I found a new yoga YouTube channel, Heart & Bones Yoga, that seems to have a nice focus on health & anatomy. I did a couple of psoas-focus practices that I really liked, and I want to try more. In fact, just looking now, she has a lot of shoulder stretches & mobility stuff, so I will probably choose one of those for today. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnV...s7jwA/featured

Yesterday I had a "DVD love" day - no YouTube, just did the mat routine from Ana Caban's Total Toning Pilates and then The Bar Method Super Sculpting, the first one. I stopped after about 38 of TBM; after we were on the floor, I really didn't want to get back up again! :p I think that one of the main reasons I am turning to YT more than DVDs is because I really don't enjoy doing just one workout for a full hour! I love my KCM 30MTF series and still use those regularly. I wish more DVD instructors had focused on the idea of putting together DVDs with 20-30 minute routines that work well to stand alone.

Actually, I think that's why I had gotten away from Pilates for so long! I could never really find a Pilates DVD that was just what I wanted. I like Ana Caban, but the Total Toning Pilates DVD is the only thing I kept of hers (I don't use it much, but it's just in a cardboard sleeve, so takes up no room, haha). I just gave away my one other Pilates DVD, Jules Benson...wait - is that one Total Toning & the Ana Caban a different name? :confused:

Anyway, I like doing Pilates on YouTube because of the ability to pick & choose. Probably my favorite right now is The Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long, but I also like SeniorShape Fitness, Jessica Valant Pilates, and Annie Pilates PT. I'll try others too - does anyone have any particular favorite Pilates videos? I like ones that are 10-20 minutes in length, focus on core (full body okay too), and are at maybe a low intermediate level or less (I find Pilates routines get pretty tough anything above that!).

Okay, guess it's time to bring this little missive to a close and go exercise! Hope everyone has a good Sunday. :sun:

Paine 12-12-21 11:18 AM

Today is a rest day.

Sherry, I didn't sign up for the Zoom session. I have never participated in the Gift Exchange at VF and I'm shy to a fault.:o Let us know how it went for you!

Beth, I've only done 4 CS Season 14 episodes so far so it's too soon to tell if I'm glad about the purchase or not.
You missed mentioning Carolyn. I hope she is doing well.
It's been so long since I've done The Bar Method--I need to pull one of those out.
I don't like doing an exercise video or a YouTube workout for 1 hour! It's too long and fills me with dread. I'd rather do shorter segments and then add on if I want more.
For pilates some of my favorites are:
The floor workout from Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates
Mari Winsor's Lower Body Pilates
Winsor Buns & Thigh Sculpting
Perfect Pilates Body with Andrea Speir
I have a few others I like but I don't do them often.

toaster 12-12-21 11:24 AM

Ahh thank you - Carolyn, I hope you are well too!!!

I hadn't done TBM in a long time either. I was thinking about getting rid of my 2 Super Sculpting routines, but I'll probably hold on to them for now at least. RE Pilates, I meant YouTube favorites since I'm not likely to purchase any new DVDs. :o

yogapam 12-12-21 11:43 AM

Beth - I go in spurts with Pilates. I like to add on 15-20 min here & there. I’ve always enjoyed Robin Long’s challenges. I still have a few DVDs, Tracey Mallett’s Pilates Super Sculpt was always a favourite, but I so seldom do DVDs these days.

Sherry - I look forward to seeing you too! :heart:

Pane - I’ve done a couple of the CS season 14 episodes, but found them kinda meh. I will try more at some point, but right now I’m into the ETV live series Maude is doing.

Waves to all!

sherry7899 12-12-21 12:49 PM

Hi Linda! I am a morning person and definitely not a night owl!

Paine, I am really shy also, but I'll do it for VF. I'll let you know.

Thanks, Pam!

Today is a rest day, but I went on a half hour walk because it's really nice out and I want to take advantage of that. I may go out for a shorter walk later before it gets dark.

Sherry

cyana 12-12-21 02:37 PM

Happy Week-end - I wanted to pop in and say hello before the week-end is over. The weekly trip to the farmer's market was interesting yesterday. I discovered one of my farmers is taking a full-time off farm job, and I have to wonder if their farm will be winding down operations within the next year or so. They've had problems hiring and keeping good help and apparently they pay a reasonable salary based on our conversation yesterday. This is pretty terrifying, as they're my number one source of fresh produce. So, whenever you have a chance, contact your state and federal legislators and agriculture decision makers to encourage them to support small farms and healthy food. Hopefully that doesn't get flagged as political, as healthy food and healthy farms are totally non-partisan. There was a new bison farmer, which was exciting. We bought some jerky (the samples were yummy). His herd is grass fed and grass-finished. It was quite interesting chatting with him. Apparently bison are quite skilled jumpers who require high fences in addition to being VERY LARGE. :eek: We've gotten grass-fed bison through mail order and the local market that was bought out by the Whole Wallet, but it has been increasingly difficult to locate the last several years. I would imagine it's somewhat like ostrich - not everyone is up for managing these critters. You can be trampled by bison and eviscerated by ostrich - not exactly pleasant thoughts! One rather funny part of the discussion - they'd come up with a blend of ground bison, heart and liver to sell as dog food, but the CrossFit people apparently buy it all, LOL!

In the new things department, I received a pair of work-out tights from CVG, a company I'd never heard of until I was reading the Black Friday Special thread and Vantreesta mentioned them. I like supporting small businesses and thought I'd give them a try. They had some great Black Friday specials and I love the print on these tights. They are more compressive than some other options, so I plan to wear them while standing at my desk as well as for working out. Here's a link to the one I got: https://www.constantlyvariedgear.com...ropic-leggings . Since I have a long torso, the high waist was greatly appreciated, as I don't want to be the Plumber's Butt exerciser, LOL. I only wish I'd bought more at the Black Friday price!

I tweaked my back this AM (grrrr), so I immediately hooked myself up to the TENS unit and have had it on all day. I'm hoping to do some stretching later.

Sherry - That was a great deal for you on Body Groove - I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure Garrie was over the moon at his Secret Santa gift. :cool: I hope you enjoy the Zoom call.

Paine - Funny JSP story - keeping in mind we order our Whole Wallet groceries on line and they bring them out to the car. Last week, I thought "Whoa, these potatoes look weird." They were the purple flesh sweet potatoes and not JSP's at all! :p

Pam - I thought your air fryer looks really interesting. I went down a You Tube rabbit hole yesterday, watching air fryer videos and I don't know whether it helped or muddied the water. :o However, I DO think I need one!

Beth
- I wasn't familiar with Heart & Bones - will have to check that out. I like LWR for short no-dread work-outs. I find some of the short Team Body Project videos are also good for the no-dread aspect.

Linda
- I agree Sweet Oil is the most likely candidate. I'm glad to hear your ear has improved. I'm not sure what magical properties fried bologna has, but my aunt was convinced I needed it, LOL!

Margot - I got a kick out of your HIIT unintentional work-out. :D

Pat - Hearing people talk about cooking veggies in their fryers was the first thing that made me think "Wow, I need one of these!"

Need to run - waves to Sandra, KarenJo, Garrie and hope Carolyn pops in over the holidays.

toaster 12-12-21 03:35 PM

Sherry, it was 61 degrees here yesterday, but I didn't go outside because of the high wind gusts. :( It's nice & sunny but not as warm here today.

Pam, I go in spurts with Pilates too; I guess I'm in an "on" spurt right now.

cyana, interesting about the local farmers. Cool tights.

I did several shoulder/upper back routines from the Heart & Bones Yoga YT channel today; here was one I liked a lot:
https://youtu.be/4-yNclFV8PE

I forgot to mention before that next Sunday, I am signed up to do a special solstice class that my friend at the studio is teaching in the evening - very excited for this!

Speaking of the solstice, I think I am going to film a "Solstice Sleep Story" video to post that day. My idea is to do just a few floor yoga poses and then to reach something calming during the rest. I have to decide what to read thought - the only ideas I have right now are Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" or an excerpt from the book Little Women (if I could find something that works). If anyone has any other thoughts on this, let me know!

I also am going to try to film a video to post this week since I haven't posted one since before Thanksgiving. I think I'm going to do a second "Banish Your Own Back Pain" practice, but this one would be a chair routine. :)

luvcritters 12-12-21 06:38 PM

Very early this morning around 1:30 a.m. I did several short walking workouts on YouTube. This afternoon I did shoulders and arms with Gilad's Express Workouts. Since its cool in here I'm going to use Cubii Jr to get warm.

Sherry, I'm an afternoon person turning into a night person because of the man's crazy hours.

Beth, thank you. I'm trying. I'm sure Sherry's month will be worse than mine. It was 70 here yesterday and I didn't go outside other than to get the trash can the bear tried to steal the night before. The wind was awful. When the bear was here Meow Meow growled from the windowsill like her little gargle sound would scare him away.
Jerry would eat fried bologna sandwiches every day if I had let him. The SO had one this morning for breakfast.

cyana, I had a comparatively mild pancreatitis attack this morning. I must've been thinking about fried bologna so much that my body thought I ate it. I can't find anything in my food log to justify it. Thankful that I didn't pass out this time.

sherry7899 12-12-21 08:07 PM

Beth, I did not walk yesterday either because of the wind. Today I did two walks, totaling 45 minutes. I may do a bedtime yoga practice.

Cyana, I did enjoy the zoom call. It was lovely to see people's faces and hear them after all these years.

Sherry

toaster 12-12-21 09:27 PM

Sherry, I actually haven't been outside all weekend even though it was relatively mild; I'd like to get better about that! Glad you enjoyed the Zoom call.

Linda, so sorry about the pancreatitis attack; I hope it passed. You said you would listen to me read the phone book - although I'm not sure that is true :o , maybe you can help me decide what to read for my solstice sleep story video. I think I've narrowed it down to one of the opening passages from Little Women (1st chapter, Christmas morning, bringing food to the Hummels), a chapter from the book Just One Thing on letting go, or a reading about the Buddhist brahma-viharas (4 Immeasurables). Any preference?

JustSandra 12-12-21 10:03 PM

Hi!

No workout for me Friday (usual day off) or Saturday (no good reason :o).

Today's Workout: I rarely use YouTube, but today I tried out Jessica Smith's two brand-new workouts -- the first she has posted in a couple of years, I believe. The first was a 1-mile "Walk and Talk" with the theme of regaining momentum (something I could use!). During the walk Jessica talked about Peanut :heart: and also a little bit about her upcoming DVDs. The second YouTube workout was a gentle mobility routine, which hit the spot!

Linda: If you need more short walking workouts, Jessica Smith has a number of Walk and Talk YouTube videos.

Cyana: Those are some wild workout tights!

Sherry: Glad you enjoyed the Zoom chat!

Waving to all!

luvcritters 12-12-21 10:36 PM

Beth, if you're going to read to me:heart: I say the opening from Little Women. The 4 Immeasurables would be good, too. Actually all 3 are good but Little Women is my vote. I'm drinking Liquid IV Hydration. I've been getting light headed since I was sick this morning. A lot of times after an attack I go to the hospital and they keep me over night to pump me full of fluids. I'm hoping the Liquid IV helps so I can stay with Meow.

Sandra, thanks I'll check out Jessica on YouTube. One of the ladies last night couldn't stay on the beat. I turned my back to the TV so I didn't have to watch her. There was another woman playing follow the leader with no cueing at all but since she had songs from the 70's and 80's I hung around.

I did Gilad's Express arms and shoulders again to get more reps. Plus I did the PT shoulder exercises. I'll make my shoulder strong again or else.

toaster 12-13-21 08:23 AM

Happy Monday! :sun: Today is the last day of classes at the college where I work, so I am hoping for a slow work week - plus, I'm off Friday, so it's a short one. :)

Linda, my one hesitation about the Little Women is that I'm not sure I want to do something specifically Christmas. Maybe I'll make a private video just for you (and I guess for my mom too, who named me after Beth in Little Women). ;)

cyana 12-13-21 08:29 AM

Quick pre-work post and run:
AM: short walk (flat, it was a little brisk out there!)
50 stability ball crunches
20 standing rear leg raises (each side)
Planning to do Lee's live class later today

I used my TENS unit most of the day yesterday after tweaking my back and while not 100% this AM, it isn't bad - hooray. I'm going to use the heating pad while I'm sitting today in hopes that helps with any stiffness. I was quite impressed that I was able to use my TENS unit for so long without losing much battery charge, especially since I was using on the dual channel function as I had big electrodes on both sides of my lower back. If I start getting uncomfortable or really stiff today, I'll pop the TENS back on.

Beth - I'm off Friday too, so I'll celebrate with you. :cool:

Linda - Sorry to hear you're having another bout of pancreatitis. Hopefully the Liquid IV Hydration product works - fingers crossed. I've seen it advertised extensively - I think Costco has some good sales on it from time to time.

Sherry - Yay - glad you enjoyed the Zoom call. :D

Sandra - I thought those tights looks so cheery. I got the long ones for those chilly winter days ahead. Thanks for reminding me that Jessica has posted several new YT videos - will try to get those done this week. If I'm remembering correctly, it sounded as though Jessica plans to put her new programs out on both DVD and streaming.

Waves to ALL - must get to work!

Pat58 12-13-21 09:22 AM

Good morning all, Happy Moan Day. Yesterday was day 2 of not getting anything formal exercise done but it was for happy reasons - lounging, attending the VF Zoom meet-up, and then The Nutcracker with my niece. It was an interesting production, Act 1 was a film of the dancers and Act 2 was live dancers. We think it was a COVID thing, because Act 1 has a large amount of young children close to each other. They probably decided that to get the production off the ground and keep the show open as my state begins another lockdown, that filming one time would limit their chances of exposure. They checked out vaccination cards on the way in and we had to remain masked and we were totally fine with that. I can't wait to get back for another show. Our new reality.

Cyana I'm very sorry to hear of your back tweaking. Love those tights!

Sherry it was great to see you too, and Pam.

Beth your solstice class sounds fun. Thank you for that shoulders routine, I'll check it out.

Waves all!

Paine 12-13-21 11:56 AM

Today is an unplanned rest day. I slept lousy last night and didn't workout this morning. I might get a walk in later today.

Cyana, I like the look of your leggings. I have a long torso too which makes it difficult to find a comfortable fit.
You must have been delivered Stokes sweet potatoes (purple on the outside and inside) rather than JSPs. I like Stokes but not as much as my beloved JSPs!