Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

JustSandra 12-04-21 10:44 PM

Hi everyone!

I didn't work out Thursday (another birthday party!) and Friday is my weekly day off.

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3.

Per the GD thread, Jessica has posted a little bit about her upcoming workouts on her Lift & Shift forum. Sounds like she has filmed several workouts in different genres, and that the DVDs will be available individually but also as a set. I'll definitely get the whole shebang! It is also thought this will be a January release.

Garrie: We had mac & cheese at our family Thanksgiving as well! :yummy:

Paine: Looking forward to your thoughts on the Season 14 episodes.

Cyana: Sorry to hear about the furnace!

Linda: Enjoy your visit with your man! Sending a skritch to Miss MM. :)

Waving to all!

Margot 12-05-21 06:38 AM

Happy Sunday to all! :sun:

I've been doing a Slings Webinar for Balancing the Pelvis over the past couple of days, which consists of a 1 hour lecture and 2 practices. I learned a lot and am hoping that in time I'll be able to resolve some stuck/stiff fascia in my right pelvis.

Yesterday was:
- Bellyfit Alchemista Root & Rise - I did the first 30 minutes of the class. I liked the routine but after repeating the sequence several times, I started getting bored! I figure 20-30 minutes of cardio is enough. ;)
- YoQi 5 Element Flow

This morning I did:
- HealthBarre Morning Wake-Up
- Jane Adams Walking & Stepping from her Balance & Strength DVD. The scenery is amazing. The class had some useful functional moves but wasn't that challenging.

Sandra - Thanks for the update on Jessica's new program. I can't wait!

Pam - Sounds like a lovely weekend. I'm looking forward to when we can go travelling again. I've a hankering lately to go back to Paris.

Sherry - Sorry to hear you're suffering with a cranky back. Hope it heals quickly.

Paine - Bernie's class is today at 10am PST. I'm hoping to do it this evening.

Linda - Sorry to hear you've been sick. I'm sure having SO visit this weekend will be a great tonic. :love: I've never heard of a Cubi; I had to go look it up.

Cyana - Ugh on the furnace but it's lucky you discovered the fault now rather than later. I know in the past Marisa has released DVDs from the same practices on her channel. In the Immune Support class on her site, Marisa is wearing a peacock blue top set beside a lake. My ETV subscription expires mid-month. I'm also in two minds as to whether to renew or not. I enjoy it but also have other subscriptions that I'm neglecting!

Waves to all. Hope everyone has a great day.

toaster 12-05-21 09:42 AM

Sandra, I took off from yoga yesterday too (other than teaching yoga & decorating the Christmas tree).

Margot, I've been trying to work in some of the slings routines. I agree with you about Bellyfit - I love Alice and love the routines, but in the longer workouts, she tends to repeat the cardio beyond my tolerance. :o

Happy Sunday all!

Pat58 12-05-21 12:21 PM

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all well. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Day 2, 7 Minute Toned Arms
~ GYM for 60 minutes mashup of weight machines, recumbent and arc trainer
~ Yoga With Bird Challenge Day 2, 15 Minute Every Day Yoga for Beginners
~ 7,455 steps

Cyana what a fiasco. :( Thank goodness you are both okay. That's awful your furnace was so shortlived.

Whoops, I almost forgot the Bernie class - thanks for the reminder everyone!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Paine 12-05-21 12:26 PM

CS #1403
Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink Core Challenge (all segments)

Miranda said she was 72 years old. CS 1403 is a Standing/Floor workout. The last song played was Bach's Ave Maria which Miranda said was her favorite song that makes her feel happy. I like hearing the classical music in these episodes. In the first episode, Massenet's Meditation from Thais was played and it was touching for me to hear because my oldest son was 10 or 11 when he mastered that piece on his violin.

Yesterday my DH put up our Christmas tree and our grandsons put on the ornaments. The boys were really excited to decorate the tree. I have a lot of handmade ornaments that my mom crocheted and also ones she hand sewed with felt/sequins. I'm happy to have them but they made me sad because I miss her. My mom would have loved her great grandsons. Too bad she missed out on spending time with them. My DH will set up his LGB Christmas train today. Our grandsons will love playing with that train!

Beth, how nice that you were able to see your friend at yoga class!

Margot and Beth, thanks for letting me know Bernie's class is today. I won't be able to make it at that time but I hope I can catch the replay.

Linda, enjoy your visit with your man! I hope you feel better soon.

Sandra, thanks for the update about Jessica's new DVDs.

Good morning, Pat!

toaster 12-05-21 03:30 PM

I guess I missed boring instructor Dan from Human 2.0 (the movement challenge I was doing in November) since I did his beginner's kettlebell routine today; I actually liked it. :o

Pat, thanks for posting the LWR link. I saw it after my workout got interrupted and I was able to quit, but I wound up adding that on; I was glad to squeeze in that bit of extra work.

Paine, I decorated my tree yesterday too - I was thinking that looking at old ornaments is one of the biggest trips down memory lane that you can take. ;) I'm hoping to find time to do Bernie's class via replay too.

cyana 12-05-21 03:55 PM

Today:
Had planned to do Bernie Clark's yin class, but never could get Zoom to open for me. Not sure what was up with that, as I've done Zoom classes on the Surface before. I even closed down and opened a new browser (multiple times) and nothing happened when I clicked the blue button to enter Zoom. :confused: I had so many props out and ready for class, it looked like I was running Prop Depot out of my bedroom! :p
So, on to Plan B:
YT LWR - Advent Day 1 (the one Pat linked to earlier in the week) - 15 minute walk. I liked the move change every minute.
MFML - Soothe Your Soul: Breath and Yin - Dirish Shaktidas (figured I should use all of those props since I'd dragged them out ;) )
Later this afternoon: Holden Breath Work Practice Class - will consist of breath work and qi gong flows - 1 hour

Sandra - You're becoming quite the party animal lately. :D Hope it was fun, low-key with some good food and good company.

Margot - That Slings workshop sounded interesting. The TIFT'ing is what has stopped me from buying Alice's work-outs. The previews look like they'd be so much fun, but my TIFT appetite is pretty minuscule. :o Right up there with instructors who whoop! That's getting into Joni-O territory!

Paine - I'd love to look like Miranda when I'm 72! Sounds like there was a lot of fun in your house yesterday. :heart: We can't do a tree since the cat would think it was for him. I have lots of old ornaments and I miss having them out. I also got some really old glass ornaments from MIL's house when we cleaned it out.

Linda - I'm glad The Man was able to make it. :cool: I'm sure you and MM were tickled pink.

Pat - I rearranged some of the shells, rocks, stones and crystals in my office today. Not a grid or anything fancy - just spreading them around and found safer homes for several of them.

Beth - LOL on doing Dan's work-out. I want to try that movement challenge one of these days, and I'm good with boring. ;)

Oh crap, just looked at the clock - must get set up for my Holden class. Waves to ALL!

toaster 12-05-21 03:58 PM

cyana, sorry about the Zoom bust; that is frustrating! The Movement Challenge was very good; I want to take notes on the episodes that were my favorite.

Pat58 12-05-21 05:48 PM

Cyana, I was able to access Zoom but there is a meeting code field and under it a message "meeting has expired." The email did not contain a code.

I contacted CS about it. Dang! I was also left at the altar with my props and palo santo.

cyana 12-05-21 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2948810)
Cyana, I was able to access Zoom but there is a meeting code field and under it a message "meeting has expired." The email did not contain a code.

I contacted CS about it. Dang! I was also left at the altar with my props and palo santo.

They said they were making the classes free in December while they work out the kinks......so I'd consider that to be truth in advertising. ;)

I guess I should clarify - I got all the way to where you click the blue button to join the Zoom meeting. It wasn't that I couldn't get into Zoom at all.

To add to the weirdness, when I went to join my Holden class on zoom, I had a similar thing happen, so I ended up installing a new version of Zoom and got in right away. I haven't changed any of my computer settings, using the same browser, etc. I listen to a weekly call on my desktop using Zoom (not my work computer) and haven't had any problems getting in.

JustSandra 12-05-21 07:55 PM

Hello!

Today's Workout: Lower Body Sculpt from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set. Earlier today (and also on Friday) I got in an outdoor 1.5-hour morning walk.

Cyana: The birthday party on Thursday was for my brother! Like Thanksgiving, it was just our tiny family of four -- me, my brother, my niece (his daughter) and my grandniece (his granddaughter). We had pizza, and also shared a couple of fancy pastries in lieu of a birthday cake. :) I don't do a Christmas tree either due to cats :p but I have a little shelf's worth of holiday decorations I put out.

Margot: I'll go to Paris with you! ;) I actually have a second cousin who lives there, pretty close to the Eiffel Tower.

Waving to everyone!

Pat58 12-06-21 09:49 AM

Groan, happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 20/10 of treadmill and recumbent
~ YWK 45 Full Body Yin With Bolster
~ 5,261 steps.

The Kassandra is a newer yin, very nice and stretchy 45 minutes.

I heard back from yinyoga.com CS. Nathalie said we can access the Sunday recording until next Saturday, here: https://yinyoga.com/online_classes/

Hopefully next week, those who want to tune in live can access Zoom.

I'm sorry to be short, everyone - wishing you all the best! :heart: :sun:

Paine 12-06-21 10:35 AM

Margaret's Give Me Strength upper body workout
Jackie's Essentrics

Cyana and Sandra, the cat we had when I was a child climbed our Christmas tree and knocked it over one year but interestingly, she never took any interest in our Christmas trees for the rest of her life and she lived to be about 20.

Margot and Cyana, I don't like TIFTing at all!

Pat, thank you for the link to Bernie's Yin class! :music:

Margot 12-06-21 01:56 PM

Hello all!

Today's classes all short and sweet:
- MFML Clive's Rise & Shine (15m)
- HealthBarre Slender Me Quick
- Neighbourhood walk - We got caught in a hailstorm just about half-way along our route. As we were walking back down the hill, it looked like a river running down the road and the paths were slippery from the ice. No harm done except for being drenched when we got home.
- YoQi Ba Duan Jim 8 Silk Brocades (20m)

Cyana and Pat - Sorry you had trouble getting access to Bernie's class last night.:( Spoiler alert! The class's focus was on the spine. Bernie started with a series of forward bends, then we did Sphinx and some lying twists and 'bananasana' (Bernie's name for this pose). The class was 70 minutes long and you could stay for a meditation but I needed to get dinner going, so left after savanasana. I liked it a lot and am looking forward to next week's class. I'm sure my body feels better for it today.

Sandra - That sounds good to me. :) Have you ever visited your second cousin in Paris? I spent a month there when I was 16 years old and it's always going to hold a special place in my heart. At one point I was going to live there. I even had a job lined up and a place to live but then my first husband came along and that was that! ;)

Paine - Christmas tree decorating at your house sounds like so much fun. I bet your grandsons can't wait for Christmas. It's such an exciting time for the little ones.

Waves to all.

cyana 12-06-21 05:17 PM

Quick Post and Run -

Started the day with 50 crunches on the stability ball. I listened in on a Q&A call with Lee for the breathwork workshop series this afternoon (shhhh....don't tell my boss. I WAS working at the same time.) and this evening will be a live streaming qi gong class with Lee. Oh - the call was on Zoom and I had no problems getting in on my personal desktop (I was using the Surface yesterday).

Margot - I'll try to do Bernie's class some time this week during the replay period. You only needed to say Sphinx Pose and I'm in - that's one of my favorite poses. When I used to regularly attend classes at the neighborhood yoga studio, one of my instructors would include Sphinx every class because he knew I loved it so much. :heart: I see you did Clive's new class - I definitely need to get some Clive into my life soon. :D

Paine
- I absolutely detest TIFTing. That was one of the great things about VF reviews - I'd always look for TIFTing. I much prefer the block choreography, like the Firm used to do. Do it and move on, please. ;)

Sandra - A belated Happy Birthday to your brother! :music:

Pat - Here's hoping you and I can get into the Bernie replay - fingers crossed.

The good news - the new furnace was installed today and Mother Nature was kind with no frigid temps during the time we couldn't use the old one.

sherry7899 12-06-21 06:19 PM

Yesterday was a rest day, so I just went for a short walk.

Today:

-Sarahbeth Yoga morning beginner stretching practice

-40 minutes of Body Combat

-15 minute walk

Have a great evening!

Sherry

luvcritters 12-06-21 06:56 PM

Thanks for the get well wishes. My SO took me to Urgent Care on Saturday but the wait was 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I wasn't waiting that long. They told me the secret to get an appointment so we went back yesterday. I was in and out in 45 minutes. Yesterday a woman was waiting over 5 hrs to get a doctor's note for her work. There's gotta be a better way.

Beth, your mom might enjoy a Cubii Jr. She can use it almost anywhere. It weighs approximately 25 pounds and has 8 levels of resistance. It can be as easy or hard as she wants.

Sandra, Miss Meow sends hugs and skritches to the boys. She's sleeping today. She loves her man but he won't let her rest. She and he had a 15 minute conversation Saturday morning before I knew he was here. She still likes to meow meow meow meow meow.

cyana, did you get the new furnace today?

I feel a little better so I might try DDR's Seated Tai Chi if I stay awake.

Have a nice evening.

toaster 12-06-21 10:54 PM

Quick flyby post for me. I did another LWR 7 minute routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6t8...cyWyndham-Read

She said she has 25 years of experience - how is that possible? She looks <40! :eek:

Aww, Linda, sorry about the urgent care experience! Our health system is screwed up.
I might mention Cubii to my mom; I just don't want to make her think she has to get it b/c I suggested it.

It was a rainy, windy Moan-day here...here's hoping for :sun: tomorrow!

yogapam 12-06-21 11:10 PM

A quick fly by again….

Yesterday was a beautiful hike through the forest & up a small “mountain” on Salt Spring, lots of good cardio on the way up. The view of the islands & the ocean from the top was spectacular.

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics TV: Maude’s live today, her baby bump is really starting to show. :heart:
~MR Unplugged: 1902 - lots of glute work in this one! I want to work my way through these doing 2 or 3 a week.
~MELT: Hip opener map :love:

Waves to all!

Pat58 12-07-21 09:00 AM

Good morning all. Not a very productive Moan Day here, I was tired and achy all day. Fortunately I had the Bernie Clark on tap. It was rather long, but I had a good night's sleep and feel much better today. Bernie sure talks a lot! But I love the guy. Remember, "om" are the middle letters in Mom ... MOM! LOL

Pam that hike sounds glorious.

Beth, I can't remember Lucy's age but I read on her FB group that she's in her 50s, IIRC. Did you know she was in the Army?

Ack, I have to run - I'll try to catch up later.

KarenJo 12-07-21 12:53 PM

Hello, All. Good to catch up with people. I'm behind and waiting for a carpenter so will keep this brief without a lot of personals.

Yesterday turned into a day off after very little and very bad sleep. A common theme, it looks like, Pat. Not a lot of steps. DH walked the dog. And took an additional walk himself after a comment by me about letting all his activity go. Yay! Otherwise, mostly been getting in a dog walk and one other short thing with bedtime stretches about half the time. Need to be better on the latter as they make a difference. Getting 4500 to 7500 steps in up until yesterday. Fortunately, I slept better and feel better today. Foggy and chilly this morning so it may be a bit before we get outside.

I got out Jane Adams' Beginners DVD after Margo mentioned the floor routine and did the one on disc 1 last Thursday. Thanks, Margot. I do the floor one on Gentle Yoga often and these two will be really nice additions. Not sure why I've never added them to my schedule before. I'm sure we all know that scenario. Then I started working through Season 14 of Classical Stretch. I think I mentioned in the past that Miranda did a really old VHS tape that was filmed in her parents' garden that I borrowed from VFer Karyn years ago. It was nice to see her working in that garden again. In the old tape she used a section of that split rail fence as a barre. She was much younger then. I think she and Sahra are out of Montreal and just living at the farm now. Anyone know for sure? Anyway, I've done the first three episodes before our dog walks and was actually doing 1403 on Sunday as Paine was posting that she'd done it, too. I want to get back to that and to try Jane's floor yoga on Beginners disc 2. Maybe I can get both in today, though I need to finish my houseplant repotting project and get that out of the kitchen.

Carpenter's here. Hope everyone is feeling well, sleeping well and has a complete set of appliances working well. :)

Margot 12-07-21 01:55 PM

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- Body Groove Swing (15m). I love these short classes and the music is great.
- Karin Strengthening Hip & Back Massage
- ETV Amanda's live class (standing & floor)

Pam - What a great hike. The scenery sounds spectacular.

Pat - Bernie is quite chatty but he's still my favourite Yin instructor. I laughed to myself because he said 'I'm going to be quiet now' but it wasn't very long before he started talking again.:D

Karen Jo - Yes, sleeping badly really messes up the following day. Glad you had a better night. You've reminded me now how much I like Jane Adams' floor practices. I think I'll plan on doing one tomorrow. I'm pretty sure my oven is about to go on the blink. It's been playing up lately and DH has to keep working on it. Hopefully, it'll last until after Christmas, as I can't see us getting a new oven in now before then. Hope your DH is doing well.

Hope everyone has a great day.

luvcritters 12-07-21 03:45 PM

Beth, does your mom do something for exercise or are you trying to get her started? Maybe if you just casually mention Cubii Jr and show her a pic, and tell her how people of all ages like it, maybe she'd take an interest?

I spent most of my birthday yesterday on the sofa with Meow trying to get rid of an earache. That's almost worse than a throbbing toothache. I thought it was interesting that no one at VF and in real life, other than SO and his family, bothered to tell me Happy Birthday. No big deal, just interesting.

Yesterday I did part of a seated Tai Chi practice with DDR. Meow Meow was being a cat so I played with her instead. Today I did 75 minutes with Cubii Jr. Someday I should use the recumbent bike or rowing machine. Nah.

sherry7899 12-07-21 04:32 PM

Linda, I am sorry I missed your birthday....I am very distracted this month. Hugs <3

Margot, I signed up for the lifetime Body Groove membership. I had to buy a Roku (luckily there was a black friday sale) to use it since the web browser on my Samsung Smart tv does not support her site. Sigh....I plan to start using it very soon.

Today's workouts:

Jessica Smith: Get Strong! Stepping Strength
Yoga Upload-Hips and thighs practice
20 minute outdoor walk

Sherry

luvcritters 12-07-21 07:23 PM

Sherry, thank you. I was stating an observation really. I understand you being distracted. This is a bad month for me too. I don't think December will ever get easier for me. It's bad from beginning to end. I do thank you.

toaster 12-07-21 08:59 PM

Linda, I never sign into VF via the front page so didn't get the reminder of your bday; sorry to have missed it! I know December is a tough month, and it sounds like it came on for you like a lion this year. :( RE my mom, she has sporadically used different things to exercise, so I don't want to push her, although my MIL, who has MS, likes her Cubii! Maybe I could mention it to her in that light.

Sherry, no apologizes need at all on the distraction! Are you still researching smartphones?

You all have me more curious about Bernie's class! :o I am going to try to do it either Thursday or Friday.

sherry7899 12-07-21 09:07 PM

Beth, I actually bought one! My son is going to help me set it up over the weekend. I had no intention of buying an I phone, but I found a new i phone XR on a black Friday deal for $250. Everyone I know basically only texts, so it will be worth it for me. My son hates android phones and said this one is very user friendly. We will see. I have had zero Apple products.

toaster 12-07-21 09:35 PM

That's great Sherry! I think you will have no issues with a learning curve; I mostly use PC products, but picking up my ipod was pretty easy. DH and I are planning to get the smallest iphones, the iphone SE, after the holidays.

luvcritters 12-08-21 12:30 AM

Beth - no worries. It's just a day in December among all the rest. My mom, my birthday, my SIL and MIL and Jerry's birthday. I just saw on the schedule that the SO is off Christmas Eve. I hope he isn't planning to be here.:eek: I'm sure your mom would enjoy Cubii. Too bad you can't rent one for her to try it.

Paine 12-08-21 11:26 AM

Cathe Kick Max (Leg Conditioning Drills; Final Stretch)

I like that Cathe's Leg Conditioning Drills are done slow and controlled.

Pam, your hike through the forest sounds lovely.

Sherry, I hope you love your iPhone!

Linda, sorry we missed wishing you a happy birthday. As Beth mentioned, I too never sign into VF via the front page. I know this is a difficult month for you.

I'm waving to everyone! :sun:

Margot 12-08-21 01:33 PM

Hello everyone! :sun:

Checking in with a mix of short workouts:
- BellyfitTV Blossom & Glow
- HealthBarre Quick Tips for Buttocks & Thighs
- Karin Buoyantly through life ... (13m) YT
- Neighbourhood Walk
- YoQi For Happy Kidneys

Sherry - I signed up for the lifetime Body Groove membership too. It wasn't much more than the annual subscription, so it seemed worth it and I do like the practices. I'm really loving the new short routines at the moment. Hope you get to start with the classes soon. Enjoy your new iphone.

Beth - I look forward to hearing what you think of Bernie's class.

Linda - That's awful that you felt so poorly on your birthday.:( I'm glad Meow Meow was able to keep you company. She sounds like a real sweetie. Sorry for missing your birthday. Wishing you great health and much happiness in the coming year.

Waves Paine and all.

luvcritters 12-08-21 03:12 PM

Sorry for the outburst. My 85 yr old friend from where I grew up says this birthday is hard for me because I'm the same age as my parents when they died. Makes sense to me. Sorry.

sherry7899 12-08-21 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcritters (Post 2949092)
Sorry for the outburst. My 85 yr old friend from where I grew up says this birthday is hard for me because I'm the same age as my parents when they died. Makes sense to me. Sorry.

Linda, I am so very sorry.

today's workouts:

sarabeth yoga-I forget the name, but it was one of her many 15 minute morning practices

Soul sweat with Lucy "Riding the Waves" 52 minutes

Sherry

luvcritters 12-08-21 05:49 PM

Margot, thank you. Yes, Meow Meow is a sweetie. She was a stray that picked me to take care of her. We take care of each other.

Thanks Sherry. If I hear the mailman tomorrow I'll get this box out to you.

Today I did a Barre beginner/refresher at SBF. I'm kind of afraid of Barre now because I can dislocate the replaced hip if I absentmindedly follow the cueing. I'll see how it goes.

My earache is still throbbing. I hope it just needs more time on the antibiotics.

cyana 12-09-21 08:06 AM

Quick pre-work post and run -

Yesterday:
Moderate resistance tubing/3 sets x 12 reps each:
Squats
Shoulder press
Biceps curls
Triceps press
Seated rows

I think there may have been something else, but I'm drawing a blank! :o

My MELT roller finally showed up yesterday. Apparently it had been on a bit of a Magical Mystery tour. I'd emailed MELT customer service on Monday and they confirmed it was shipped out at the same time as the mini balls that I got last Thursday and said if it hadn't shown up by today to let them know and they would follow up with the carrier. Thumbs up for their responsive customer service. :cool: I plan to activate my subscription this week-end and get to work on these wonky hips. I like the feel of the roller.

A belated Happy Birthday to Linda. :music::music: I'm sorry that you had an earache - I used to get those when I was a kid and it was absolute misery. I remember one week-end I was staying with an aunt when I had one. She put some sort of warm oil in my ear and had me put a heating pad on it and then made me a fried bologna sandwich. ;)

Sherry and Margot - I'm really not familiar with Body Groove. Was that some sort of Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotion? I watched one of her preview clips yesterday and it looks like something even I could do (she with 43 left feet, LOL!).

Waves to ALL - need to get logged into the work computer and move a few mountains today. :sun:

toaster 12-09-21 08:32 AM

Hi all - I've been reading all of your posts even though I've been minimally responsive this week. So happy it's the last full week of classes - it's also my last full week of work until probably late January. :love:

I did wind up doing Bernie's practice yesterday (I haven't felt motivated to do much beyond yoga this week). I liked it; my back was feeling kind of messed up from sitting all day, so I think all the spine moves helped. I agree that Bernie could have allowed a bit more time for silent reflection, but overall, I didn't mind his talking - I mostly thought about what I could use in my own teaching. I did the meditation too, and ironically, I found that kind of tough because he was so silent then. :o

Linda, I hope your earache improves soon. Again, no need at all to apologize for having a difficult time this month. I remember my mom saying that she felt really weird when she reached the age where my grandfather died (just 69).

Margot, I think I've done that most recent Slings in Motion practice that you posted. They really do offer some great unique moves! Do you have a favorite?

Hi to Paine, Sherry, cyana, Karen Jo, Pat, Garrie - hope everyone is doing okay this week. :heart:

sherry7899 12-09-21 08:33 AM

Cyana, Body Groove had a Black Friday special on a lifetime membership and if you had previously bought dvds from her (I"m not sure if streaming subscriptions factored in) she took the amount you spent off of the lifetime membership price, which I think was $199 on sale? My lifetime was about $88, so it was worth it for me.

I am taking a rest from cardio/weights today. I did Yoga Upload Hips/thighs/feet. If it is not freezing I will take a short walk.

Sherry

Pat58 12-09-21 09:10 AM

Hi everyone! Fly by today. Yesterday I did Day 3 of Lucy's Advent Calendar, a 30 minute intervals workout of favorite moves. Also Day 4 of Bird's Everyday challenge. This morning I tried Kassandra's newest morning yin for hips and hamstrings, and really liked it. I love Bird and her style, but find I definitely gel more with Kassandra.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

JustSandra 12-09-21 11:34 AM

Hi! A quick fly-by. I've fallen off the workout wagon for a few days, although I've gotten in some good outdoor walks -- I've been motivated to do so, as a stretch of rainy weather is forecast for next week.

Linda: A belated Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear about your ear. Your story about the conversation between your man and Miss MM made me smile!

Margot: Alas, I've never been to Europe. In fact, I haven't seen my second cousin in person in over 30 years. He was an attorney based in Norway, and now that he is retired he travels all over the world visiting his friends. I admit I do occasionally fantasize about him needing a housesitter! :p

Take care everyone!

Paine 12-09-21 11:45 AM

Raising the Bar (Upper Body workout plus calves)
YouTube: Kassandra's newest morning yin for hips and hamstrings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyHn...awithKassandra

I thought I'd be sore this morning from Cathe yesterday but I don't have any DOMS.

Pat, thank you for mentioning Kassandra's newest morning yin for hips and hamstrings! I did that one this morning and enjoyed it.

Beth, I previewed Bernie's practice and had to pass on it because it had well over 30 minutes of sitting poses and I can't do that.