Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

yogapam 12-09-21 12:08 PM

Catching up with another quickie, been a busy week & I have houseguests tonight.

Tues:
~Taught Essentrics
~PT exercises
~Standing yoga flow on my own, about 15 min

Wed:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Jessica Smith 6 Mike Mix: w/u & steady burn mile
~MR Unplugged: 1903 - triceps, pecs, Abs, quads, & calves
~Seated leg & hip stretches on my own

Waving to everyone!

Twigs 12-09-21 03:10 PM

Hello all!

I spent the morning walking around the city of Gloucester. In the afternoon I did a HIIT workout unintentionally! I needed to get some documents certified, so I walked down the hill to our local Post Office. Just before going into the store realised I'd left my mask in another coat pocket, so raced back up the hill to get it. Back down the hill, got to the counter and then was told that I needed the original and a copy of one of the documents, so back up the hill again! And back down the hill again for the third time...:D Phew! I was exhausted after all that rushing around.

This evening I did:
- Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga & Pilates (Floor)
- YWK - Evening Yoga for Flexibility & Relaxation. This was nice. I can why you gel with Kassandra Pat. She has a nice demeanour about her.

Cyana - Glad your MELT roller finally showed up. It is a great roller; just the right amount of pressure.

Sandra - :D I think you'd be doing your second cousin a huge favour in volunteering to house sit for him. If he's travelling so much, it would surely give him peace of mind knowing his house is being looked after while he's away. ;)

Paine - You must feel chuffed you didn't get DOMS from doing one of Cathe's workouts. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to tackle one of her workouts these days.

Beth - My favourite Slings is one of the practices on Karin's Daily Practice Volume 2, which targets hip and rib mobility. I've noticed my neck and shoulders are a lot happier these days. I'm also finding this one beneficial, which was basically the practice Karin did for balancing the hips in her tutorial. So pleased you have a nice long break to look forward to after the stress of the past few weeks.

Pam - Hope you have a great time with your houseguests.

Waves Sherry, Linda, Garrie, Karen Jo and anyone popping in today.

luvcritters 12-09-21 08:25 PM

Today I tried Jessica's Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness and Energy for 5 minutes but I didn't like the music. Then it was 5 minutes of Walkout but I wasn't in the mood for Jane Fonda. I gave the recumbent bike 10 minutes before I finally gave in and used Cubii Jr for an hour. Later I did Section 1 of Tai Chi for Daily Practice with DDR.

cyana, I assume your aunt used Sweet Oil in your ear. My mom used it. I got some from Amazon last week and used it everyday with the heating pad. No fried bologna sandwich but I would if I could.:) Today when I put the oil in there was a loud boom:eek: and the pain finally went away.

Beth, my earache finally went away today. It's weird to be this old and still feel like I'm 20. Too bad my joints don't agree.

Sandra, Meow tells me when a package comes. Probably so she can run out the door when I open it. She doesn't like to walk on uneven ground. This morning she wanted to get to the bedroom window but I had the blanket bunched up around me. I moved the blanket and told her to go ahead. It sounded like she said "alright." Lo

Margot, I have a big hilly yard. I hate the days when I take outgoing mail to the mailbox and have to walk down later after the mailman arrives. And just as I get to the top of the hill a neighbor will be driving by and stop and I go back down to talk. I'm on a corner and the hill on the other side is longer and steeper. I use that side for intentional exercise.:D

JustSandra 12-09-21 10:12 PM

Hi again!

Today's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Linda: Glad your ear is doing better. Miss MM has so much personality!

Margot: That's an interesting HIIT workout. ;)

Waving to all!

toaster 12-10-21 09:02 AM

Margot, thanks for the link to that practice. I've done the ball under the hip flexor before and like it, so I think that routine would be good for me; I also think a lot of my hip/back issues stem from hip flexor tightness.

Linda, glad your ear is feeling better. I don't feel like I'm 20, but sometimes I read descriptions of people in their 50s as if they were elderly, and I certainly don't feel like that, either! :p (PS - DH loves fried bologna!)

Happy Friday all. :sun:

Twigs 12-10-21 09:10 AM

Happy Friday everyone!

This morning I did:
- HealthBarre Zoom Class

I'm planning on yoga or qigong this evening.

My multi functional cooker died this lunchtime.:( The silver lining is that I've been wanting an Instant pot for ages. Amazon has 3 models on sale today. I was wondering if anyone here has a model they would recommend please? I'm intrigued by the newer model with the air fryer but am not sure if it may be better to buy that separately. I'm just getting more and more confused, as the reviews always seem to be mixed, no matter which pot I'm looking at. :confused: Thanks. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

sherry7899 12-10-21 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigs (Post 2949217)
Happy Friday everyone!

This morning I did:
- HealthBarre Zoom Class

I'm planning on yoga or qigong this evening.

My multi functional cooker died this lunchtime.:( The silver lining is that I've been wanting an Instant pot for ages. Amazon has 3 models on sale today. I was wondering if anyone here has a model they would recommend please? I'm intrigued by the newer model with the air fryer but am not sure if it may be better to buy that separately. I'm just getting more and more confused, as the reviews always seem to be mixed, no matter which pot I'm looking at. :confused: Thanks. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I bought an Instant Pot several years ago, so I don't have a newer model. However, I have read multiple times that the air fryer attachment is tiny, so it is likely better to buy a separate air fryer.

Pat58 12-10-21 09:24 AM

Good morning all! Happy Fry Day! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ YWK's latest Morning Yin - Hips & Hamstrings
~ Shakti Warrior Lesson 9, Undulate and Integrate
~ Bird Everyday #4, 5 Minute Morning Full Body Stretch
~ 5,979 steps.

Really liked the morning yin, but Bird's was kind of meh. Maybe it just didn't work after my Alice B. workout, they have totally opposite personalities.

Margot, your walk in Gloucester sounds so nice. I've earned a lot of steps running back for my mask, too. :D

I have the Instant Pot Duo 6 quart 7-in-1 and am happy for it. It's a champ, been beeping and steaming away since 2015. Honestly though, the only functions I use are manual, slow cooker, steam and saute. I've heard mixed reviews on the air fryer but am very interested in it. Do you Facebook at all? There are Instant Pot communities who give the real low down and good tips.

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

cyana 12-10-21 10:34 AM

A quick TGIF fly by! :music::music::music:

Will check in and chat over the week-end.

Margot - My IP is probably the same as or comparable to Pat's and it has worked like a champ. I find America's Test Kitchen (ATK) reviews to be helpful. I realize not all models may be available in the UK, but appreciate their favorite and best buy recommendations. They may push me over the air fryer edge soon. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGLX40ge4zQ - here they do a comparison between a slow cooker and IP (spoiler alert: they said you need an IP :D )

I'm not familiar with these guys - SORTEDfood, but they talk about hobs, so I suspect they're from your neck of the woods: ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKqvav-PrE

Here's an ATK review of air fryers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPhBzPx4bc (comparison between basic air fryers and the countertop convection-air fryer models)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FrOJTdDoI (Megan from Detoxinista and she includes the IP air fryer).

Let me know what you decide. Must get back to work.

yogapam 12-10-21 11:21 AM

Popping quickly in with my $.02 about air fryers….

I have the 8 quart Duo Crisp air fryer IP. I like the 8 quart size and some of the features it has, but I’m not impressed with it as an air fryer. The basket is deep, but very narrow. It is great for roasting things like JSPs. I’ve also done small hams in it using the trivet instead of the basket, 5 min on pressure and then several minutes on broil with a glaze, comes out super moist. The sous vide function works great and DH uses it a lot.

I also have an air fryer oven. It is taller than the air fryer toaster oven in the video, and I love it. It has two racks, a basket, & a rotisserie. It cleans up really easily. It is similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/Innsky-Touchsc...9153122&sr=8-5

Back later to post workouts….