Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

JustSandra 12-04-21 10:44 PM

Hi everyone!

I didn't work out Thursday (another birthday party!) and Friday is my weekly day off.

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3.

Per the GD thread, Jessica has posted a little bit about her upcoming workouts on her Lift & Shift forum. Sounds like she has filmed several workouts in different genres, and that the DVDs will be available individually but also as a set. I'll definitely get the whole shebang! It is also thought this will be a January release.

Garrie: We had mac & cheese at our family Thanksgiving as well! :yummy:

Paine: Looking forward to your thoughts on the Season 14 episodes.

Cyana: Sorry to hear about the furnace!

Linda: Enjoy your visit with your man! Sending a skritch to Miss MM. :)

Waving to all!

Twigs 12-05-21 06:38 AM

Happy Sunday to all! :sun:

I've been doing a Slings Webinar for Balancing the Pelvis over the past couple of days, which consists of a 1 hour lecture and 2 practices. I learned a lot and am hoping that in time I'll be able to resolve some stuck/stiff fascia in my right pelvis.

Yesterday was:
- Bellyfit Alchemista Root & Rise - I did the first 30 minutes of the class. I liked the routine but after repeating the sequence several times, I started getting bored! I figure 20-30 minutes of cardio is enough. ;)
- YoQi 5 Element Flow

This morning I did:
- HealthBarre Morning Wake-Up
- Jane Adams Walking & Stepping from her Balance & Strength DVD. The scenery is amazing. The class had some useful functional moves but wasn't that challenging.

Sandra - Thanks for the update on Jessica's new program. I can't wait!

Pam - Sounds like a lovely weekend. I'm looking forward to when we can go travelling again. I've a hankering lately to go back to Paris.

Sherry - Sorry to hear you're suffering with a cranky back. Hope it heals quickly.

Paine - Bernie's class is today at 10am PST. I'm hoping to do it this evening.

Linda - Sorry to hear you've been sick. I'm sure having SO visit this weekend will be a great tonic. :love: I've never heard of a Cubi; I had to go look it up.

Cyana - Ugh on the furnace but it's lucky you discovered the fault now rather than later. I know in the past Marisa has released DVDs from the same practices on her channel. In the Immune Support class on her site, Marisa is wearing a peacock blue top set beside a lake. My ETV subscription expires mid-month. I'm also in two minds as to whether to renew or not. I enjoy it but also have other subscriptions that I'm neglecting!

Waves to all. Hope everyone has a great day.

toaster 12-05-21 09:42 AM

Sandra, I took off from yoga yesterday too (other than teaching yoga & decorating the Christmas tree).

Margot, I've been trying to work in some of the slings routines. I agree with you about Bellyfit - I love Alice and love the routines, but in the longer workouts, she tends to repeat the cardio beyond my tolerance. :o

Happy Sunday all!

Pat58 12-05-21 12:21 PM

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all well. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Day 2, 7 Minute Toned Arms
~ GYM for 60 minutes mashup of weight machines, recumbent and arc trainer
~ Yoga With Bird Challenge Day 2, 15 Minute Every Day Yoga for Beginners
~ 7,455 steps

Cyana what a fiasco. :( Thank goodness you are both okay. That's awful your furnace was so shortlived.

Whoops, I almost forgot the Bernie class - thanks for the reminder everyone!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Paine 12-05-21 12:26 PM

CS #1403
Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink Core Challenge (all segments)

Miranda said she was 72 years old. CS 1403 is a Standing/Floor workout. The last song played was Bach's Ave Maria which Miranda said was her favorite song that makes her feel happy. I like hearing the classical music in these episodes. In the first episode, Massenet's Meditation from Thais was played and it was touching for me to hear because my oldest son was 10 or 11 when he mastered that piece on his violin.

Yesterday my DH put up our Christmas tree and our grandsons put on the ornaments. The boys were really excited to decorate the tree. I have a lot of handmade ornaments that my mom crocheted and also ones she hand sewed with felt/sequins. I'm happy to have them but they made me sad because I miss her. My mom would have loved her great grandsons. Too bad she missed out on spending time with them. My DH will set up his LGB Christmas train today. Our grandsons will love playing with that train!

Beth, how nice that you were able to see your friend at yoga class!

Margot and Beth, thanks for letting me know Bernie's class is today. I won't be able to make it at that time but I hope I can catch the replay.

Linda, enjoy your visit with your man! I hope you feel better soon.

Sandra, thanks for the update about Jessica's new DVDs.

Good morning, Pat!

toaster 12-05-21 03:30 PM

I guess I missed boring instructor Dan from Human 2.0 (the movement challenge I was doing in November) since I did his beginner's kettlebell routine today; I actually liked it. :o

Pat, thanks for posting the LWR link. I saw it after my workout got interrupted and I was able to quit, but I wound up adding that on; I was glad to squeeze in that bit of extra work.

Paine, I decorated my tree yesterday too - I was thinking that looking at old ornaments is one of the biggest trips down memory lane that you can take. ;) I'm hoping to find time to do Bernie's class via replay too.

cyana 12-05-21 03:55 PM

Today:
Had planned to do Bernie Clark's yin class, but never could get Zoom to open for me. Not sure what was up with that, as I've done Zoom classes on the Surface before. I even closed down and opened a new browser (multiple times) and nothing happened when I clicked the blue button to enter Zoom. :confused: I had so many props out and ready for class, it looked like I was running Prop Depot out of my bedroom! :p
So, on to Plan B:
YT LWR - Advent Day 1 (the one Pat linked to earlier in the week) - 15 minute walk. I liked the move change every minute.
MFML - Soothe Your Soul: Breath and Yin - Dirish Shaktidas (figured I should use all of those props since I'd dragged them out ;) )
Later this afternoon: Holden Breath Work Practice Class - will consist of breath work and qi gong flows - 1 hour

Sandra - You're becoming quite the party animal lately. :D Hope it was fun, low-key with some good food and good company.

Margot - That Slings workshop sounded interesting. The TIFT'ing is what has stopped me from buying Alice's work-outs. The previews look like they'd be so much fun, but my TIFT appetite is pretty minuscule. :o Right up there with instructors who whoop! That's getting into Joni-O territory!

Paine - I'd love to look like Miranda when I'm 72! Sounds like there was a lot of fun in your house yesterday. :heart: We can't do a tree since the cat would think it was for him. I have lots of old ornaments and I miss having them out. I also got some really old glass ornaments from MIL's house when we cleaned it out.

Linda - I'm glad The Man was able to make it. :cool: I'm sure you and MM were tickled pink.

Pat - I rearranged some of the shells, rocks, stones and crystals in my office today. Not a grid or anything fancy - just spreading them around and found safer homes for several of them.

Beth - LOL on doing Dan's work-out. I want to try that movement challenge one of these days, and I'm good with boring. ;)

Oh crap, just looked at the clock - must get set up for my Holden class. Waves to ALL!

toaster 12-05-21 03:58 PM

cyana, sorry about the Zoom bust; that is frustrating! The Movement Challenge was very good; I want to take notes on the episodes that were my favorite.

Pat58 12-05-21 05:48 PM

Cyana, I was able to access Zoom but there is a meeting code field and under it a message "meeting has expired." The email did not contain a code.

I contacted CS about it. Dang! I was also left at the altar with my props and palo santo.

cyana 12-05-21 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2948810)
Cyana, I was able to access Zoom but there is a meeting code field and under it a message "meeting has expired." The email did not contain a code.

I contacted CS about it. Dang! I was also left at the altar with my props and palo santo.

They said they were making the classes free in December while they work out the kinks......so I'd consider that to be truth in advertising. ;)

I guess I should clarify - I got all the way to where you click the blue button to join the Zoom meeting. It wasn't that I couldn't get into Zoom at all.

To add to the weirdness, when I went to join my Holden class on zoom, I had a similar thing happen, so I ended up installing a new version of Zoom and got in right away. I haven't changed any of my computer settings, using the same browser, etc. I listen to a weekly call on my desktop using Zoom (not my work computer) and haven't had any problems getting in.