Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

yogapam 12-04-21 11:33 AM

Good morning mat mavens!

DH and I are over on lovely Salt Spring Island visiting DS2. He’s doing an 8 week stint at the medical clinic and hospital here. Planning a hike this afternoon.

Yesterday’s workouts:
~BellyFit: Align & Allow
~PT exercises
~Essentrics TV: Amanda’s Deep Muscle Release & Flexibility

Regarding CS/Essentrics…. TBH, as much as I greatly admire her, I’m not a fan of Miranda’s workouts. I prefer the other instructors, Maude being my favourite. Apparently she is expecting a baby in the spring. :heart:

Waves to all!

Vantreesta 12-04-21 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2948389)
I didn’t see a December thread so started us off, hope that’s okay. I stole Pat’s excellent intro from last month. ;)

ETA Vantreesta, I haven’t used Insight Timer for ages so I can’t answer your question, but I’m sure someone else may be able to. :)

Thanks, Pam. I haven't found it yet but I've also had two long days on the road so haven't had much time to look more!

Paine 12-04-21 12:39 PM

I went for a 2 mile neighborhood walk this morning.

Beth, it helps me to do CS more regularly if I do the episodes that I enjoy the most so I have marked those with a "star" next to the favorite episode. Yeah, I need to fight stiff old lady syndrome too.

Pam, enjoy your visit with DS2 at Salt Spring Island!

I'm waving to everyone! :sun:

cyana 12-04-21 01:17 PM

Oscar the Grouch reporting in. :p We got a call from our HVAC vendor on Wednesday morning, letting us know they could do our seasonal maintenance visit that afternoon (it was originally scheduled for later this month). Little did we know the bundle of bad news that would bring. There was a crack in the heat exchanger on the main furnace, so the technician had to condemn our furnace. Of course, there's nothing that said we couldn't turn it back on after he left, but the risk of death by fire or carbon monoxide poisoning didn't sound particularly appealing. We've gotten 2 estimates and will be getting a new furnace installed on Monday. It's only 11 years old, and is one year and 4 months out of warranty. :p Fortunately we've had some unseasonably warm weather since then. There was also a problem with the exhaust chimney coming out of the other furnace, but at least that will be a warranty fix since that unit was just installed 2 years ago. The joys of being a homeowner - not! The scary thing - there have been several days that I've nodded off at my desk and I now wonder if that was carbon monoxide and not insomnia - yikes! And also scary because my cat hangs out in here a fair amount while I'm working and pets are even more sensitive.

So is the Bernie Clark class: https://yinyoga.com/online_classes/ ? That's really nice of him to provide the classes for free this month and the $4/class price is very reasonable.

Speaking of C/S, I got an email that my subscription is up for renewal toward the end of this month and I'll have to decide whether to extend it. I have that, MFML, Holden and MELT method (once I activate it - holding out for my roller to be delivered).

I'm enjoying checking out all of these challenge links. :cool:

Pam - With all the fun and games this week, I haven't PM'd you back - not ignoring you. :o Enjoy your visit on Salt Spring Island this week-end. I'm still awaiting the arrival of my MELT roller - got the mini ball kit several days ago. I didn't know Maude was pregnant! She has such a sweet demeanor. Hooray on your long walk this week!

Garrie - I'm glad you and SO had a nice Thanksgiving. SO's mac and cheese secret is safe with me. :D

Margot - I picked up several of Marisa's DVD's from YMAA during a 50% off sale and still haven't done Qi Gong Flow for Happy Lungs and Qi Gong Flow for Immune System Boost. I wonder if some of that footage might be what is available on her streaming channel.

Pat - I'd forgotten about LWR's Advent Challenge - may need to add that to the list for some short work-outs. I'm glad your office party was better than expected. Those can be surprisingly fun or total drudgery!

Sherry - ((Hugs))!! It's good to see you and please don't feel pressured to chat. Visit whenever and however works for you. I hope you and your son find a way to honor Frank that brings you both peace and good memories. :heart:

Beth - Hope your YTT friend was able to join your class today. I like the looks of Katy's daily challenge moves.

Paine - How's your insomnia of late? I was doing somewhat OK for a while, but this time change has definitely messed up my sleep, darn it! I would be willing to bet that I'm the stiffest old lady in the bunch these days - a dubious honor, to be certain!

Linda - I was going to have DH pick up a Cubi Jr for me to use at my desk - I was thinking an hourly 5 minute pedaling break might be fun. Unfortunately they didn't have any in the store on Thursday. Hope the man is able to make it for your birthday.

Must run - I had brunch after I got home from the farmer's market. I made an omelet, as I needed to use up some mushrooms that were getting a bit marginal and had a cup of golden milk. The market was a bit sparse today. I'm wondering if some of the vendors stayed home because there was a holiday event going on in town. I picked up some purple kale and some lovely carrots. I also got 2 heads of cabbage for making coleslaw.

Waves to ALL!

Paine 12-04-21 02:12 PM

Cyana, sorry about your furnace breaking. Yes, it's best to not use it. Furnaces are expensive but necessary. We have a carbon monoxide detector as a safety alert so you might want to buy one of those for peace of mind.
I have seen Cubi Jr on QVC and I bet you can buy one from Amazon too.
I'm sleeping a bit better these days but still will have some bad nights now and then. I have done nothing different so I don't know why my sleep is a bit better now.

I signed up for Bernie's free class but couldn't watch it when it was live. Does anyone have a link to the replay?

cyana 12-04-21 02:40 PM

Paine - We have a combo smoke/carbon monoxide detector on the wall in the hallway just outside of my office (the direct wired kind - DH just replaced it within the past year since we had no clue how old the previous one was), and I usually leave the door open unless I'm on a call. I'm wondering if we should consider a plug in model either in my office or in the entry hallway. In doing some reading, it doesn't sound as though they tend to alarm until the levels are dangerous. We had a plug in model in our master bedroom at a previous house, and the darned thing was so bulky it was easy to bump it and knock it totally out of the outlet. Then it would start screeching loudly and was a pain in the rear to reset. :p Perhaps the options are better these days. I'm glad your sleep quality has improved - hopefully I'll get back to a better place soon - fingers crossed! You can also order a Cubi Jr directly from Costco.

sherry7899 12-04-21 06:05 PM

Yesterday my back was cranky, so I did a Yoga Ranger low back release practice and thirty minutes of walking

Today was Yoga Upload 45 minute yin practice and a thirty minute walk.

Have a nice evening!
sherry

luvcritters 12-04-21 07:45 PM

cyana, sorry to hear about your furnace. Furnaces are a royal pain. Ours was replaced maybe 10 years ago and its already impossible to get parts. I get nervous everytime we get a cold spell. I think Costco is your best deal on Cubii Jr. They have things included that no one else has. I bought my spare from Costco dot com. My man arrived early this morning.:love:

No workout yet. I've been sick for a few weeks.

toaster 12-04-21 08:44 PM

Paine, I think Bernie's class is tomorrow? I remember thinking it was Sunday.

Linda, sorry that you have been sick. :( I was wondering if my mom might like a Cubii. Enjoy your time with your SO!!!

Sherry, hope your cranky back feels better today.

Ugh, cyana, we have had issues when we've done seasonal maintenance too; it's such a pain! I hope you get your issues resolved with minimal hassle. My friend did make it to class; it was great to see her! :heart:

Paine, I meant to try a CS routine yesterday but actually skipped a workout in favor of Christmas tree decorating. :o

Vannie, I was hoping you'd make it over to this new thread. I will have to check out Insight Timer - I only use it sporadically, so I haven't seen the new look yet.

yogapam 12-04-21 09:24 PM

Another quick fly by. We are enjoying our time with DS2 on Salt Spring. We went to a craft fair, an outdoor market, & on a lovely long hike along the shore. It was a bit chilly & so pretty with a sprinkling of snow on the tops of the higher hills. We head home tomorrow.

Cyana - Sorry about the furnace, that’s a total drag. :( Good thing you caught it before you had any serious effects from CO! :eek:

Waves to all!