Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

luvcritters 12-29-21 09:51 AM

Good morning, no exercise to report. Still having pain from something. My ortho/spine Dr isn't sure if it's a muscle. Tomorrow I have a checkup with my pcp so I'll see what she has to say.

Beth, I hope your tests are negative.

Paine 12-29-21 11:34 AM

Kathy Smith Total Body Lift (Butt Lift workout)

I hadn't worked out with Kathy in a long time so it was nice to do her workout this morning. Yesterday was an unplanned rest day.

Beth, I hope you, your DH and family don't come down with covid.
I think it's so cute that you brought your stuffed sloth as a guest in your yoga class! :D

yogapam 12-29-21 11:57 AM

Good morning from the snowy west coast! The snow has stopped for now but there’s more coming apparently. It’s going to stay for while as our temps remain chilly dipping to around 20F overnight. We are venturing out this afternoon to run some errands. The family have all headed home and we will meet up again tomorrow at the local ski resort for a few days. DH and I plan to do a little snowshoeing.

Yesterdays workouts:
~MR Body Electric 1910
~Ballet Beautiful: Waltz of the Flowers Cardio
~A little Yin at bedtime

Beth - Fingers crossed your test is negative!

Margot - We’ve lived out here for almost 17 years. This is the third time we’ve had a big snowfall like this. I also like your want-to-do week. :)

I’ll be back later to post my workouts.
Waves to all!

Margot 12-29-21 02:49 PM

Hello everyone!

Today's short all fun workouts::love:
- Body Groove Funk. This class always lifts my spirits.
- Jessica Smith 6-Mile Walk Upper Body Sculpt
- BFTV Blossom & Glow
- Beth's Rise Up Stand Up. :love:

Beth - I'm smiling at your sloth dressed up in holiday attire. :) I married a sloth once. Luckily for me, he's now an ex DH (sloth). :D Hope the new staff member will help relieve some of the pressure at work this next term. Hope also that you and your DH are still symptom free.

Pam - How cool to have access to a ski resort near you.:cool: During the winter, when I worked in Seattle, we used to go after work once a week to ski at Snowqualmie Pass. I never made it to Whistler unfortunately. Snowshoeing sounds like great fun.

Pat - My body is constantly confused. I've been naughty eating whatever I want this week too. My chocolate supplies are going down fast. :o

Paine - I'm loving my IP and have been using it every day since it arrived. I think you cook beans a lot in yours? I'm hoping to cook some chickpeas tomorrow. For some reason, they usually 'explode', whereas my other beans don't, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Linda - Hope your PCP will be able to pinpoint the problem. Good luck.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Waves to all!

Paine 12-29-21 05:43 PM

Margot, yes I usually cook some type of dried bean once a week. I always pre-soak dried beans the night before. Before I go to bed, I pick out and discard the bad beans then rinse them then put them in the Instant Pot stainless steel liner filled with water to cover the beans several inches and soak over night. In the morning I throw out the soak water and use fresh water to cook them in the Instant Pot. Make sure the water covers the beans by several inches above the beans.

toaster 12-29-21 09:00 PM

Thanks for the covid well-wishes! DH and I still feel fine, and no one else in the family has tested positive, so I'm pretty sure we'll be negative when we test tomorrow.

I've brought my sloth friend to class before, although I think this was the first time in his holiday hat and bow tie (which were meant for a cat, LOL).

Margot, glad you've been enjoying that video! I have some ideas for a new lunchtime one...I might film on Friday. The new staff member will definitely help, although she is actually filling a position that was vacated last April - we have 2 more open positions as of this month. :(

Pam, wow on the snow! Hope you don't lose power again.

Here are the YouTube videos I did today.

FitbyMik Booty Band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8cknYorSVI

Lottie Murphy Everyday Pilates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Q894UuMLw&t=1s

Yogea Yoga for Back Pain/Decompress:
https://youtu.be/00-PKFhZ6mA

I liked them all!

JustSandra 12-29-21 10:54 PM

Hi there!

Today's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

I didn't do any formal workouts on Monday or Tuesday, but managed to get in several long outdoor walks as we had a break between rainstorms.

Yogapam: No snow where I am, but it has come down in some foothill towns not that far away, and of course the Sierras are slammed -- lots of road closures and power outages.

Beth: I'm glad you aren't feeling any symptoms! Good luck with Covid testing tomorrow. Also glad to hear you are finally getting some help in your department.

Linda: I like hearing how Miss MM keeps an eye on you!

Margot: Your "do what you want" idea sounds really good to me!

Waving to all!

toaster 12-29-21 11:19 PM

Hi all - DH & I decided to test tonight since it's been 4 days, and according to the CDC testing page, it was recommended that we test in the 3-5 day range. We were both negative - yay! Since we're both symptom-free, we believe there's no need to test again (unless of course we develop symptoms).

I also had a bit of news I wanted to share. A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a friend of ours - DH used to work with both him and his wife, and we have seen them both socially on occasion. Anyway, he calls himself a "hobbyist photographer," taking mostly photos of buildings, cities, etc. However, he is trying to build up his skills in portrait photography, and he asked me if I would be willing to be a model for him given my yoga experience. I feel a little nervous about it but think it will be fun! Plus I could get some nice yoga promo photos out of the deal. The owner of the studio where I work said that we could do the photo shoot there, so we are looking at times now; it will probably be a Saturday later in January. My friend (Clay) has an Instagram page if anyone wants to check out his work:
https://www.instagram.com/la_clay_photography/

yogapam 12-30-21 01:06 AM

Hello mat mavens!

Todays offerings:
~neighbourhood walk
~functional fitness doing laundry, cleaning, organizing, & cooking post family Christmas & pre-ski trip tomorrow. I racked up over 10,000 steps
~MFML: End of Day Recharge

Beth - Yay for the negative Covid test & cngrats on your upcoming photo shoot! :music:

Margot - I have been to Whistler years ago and it is very beautiful. We are going to Mt Washington here on Vancouver Island. It’s about a 90 min drive from our place, near Courtenay where our DS2 & his wife live.

Sandra - Sounds like the snow is not far from you. That must be unusual in your neck of the woods.

Waves to all!

Pat58 12-30-21 09:51 AM

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Day 13, Beginners Running Workout
~ LWR Day 14, 10 Minute Arms
~ YWK 10 Minute Upper Body Yoga
~ My own yin series for psoas, hips and low back
~ 6,515 steps

Beth, yay on your test being negative. We're having test kit distribution here but I doubt there will be enough. Have fun with the photo shoot!

Margot, good to see you are loving the IP. I hope your chickpeas don't explode. :eek:

Paine, thank you for the bean tips. It's nice to visit with Kathy S. sometimes.

Sandra, good luck with those rain storms.

Everyone have a great day!