Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

cyana 12-22-21 08:34 AM

Beth - We were cross-posting. LOVE that. As a boy mom, I would've definitely had some dinosaurs around the house! :D

toaster 12-22-21 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyana (Post 2950317)
Beth - We were cross-posting. LOVE that. As a boy mom, I would've definitely had some dinosaurs around the house! :D

LOL! I think it should be a metaphor for everything - "epic fail? add dinosaur!" :D

I meant to post before that I got an email from Bellyfit with a link to a free full-length "Light Warrior" routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTP...EnterprisesInc.

Pat58 12-22-21 10:30 AM

Good morning! I hope everyone had a happy last 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century!

I had a gimpy day, everything was acting up. So I took it easy, wrapped some gifts and started my yoga sadana with YogiBethC Solstice Sleep Story. Also gimped out 4,425 steps.

I had a dental cleaning this morning, and my new hygienist looks almost exactly like Ellen Barrett. :D

Beth, thank you for the solstice sleep story! I loved the forward bend and running deer legs with the chair. Thank you for the Bellyfit link - I'll have to reach out and find out why I dropped off their email list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

toaster 12-22-21 10:41 AM

Pat, LOL about your hygienist looking like Ellen Barrett! Hope you didn't need any fillings like I did last week. Sorry about the gimpy day but glad you liked the sleep story!

Paine 12-22-21 12:18 PM

Jari Slim & Lean (30 minutes of upper body work plus Abs and stretch)

I like Jari's upper body workout in Slim & Lean but I don't agree with something she says during that workout. She says "You are unlimited in your potential" and I don't think that is true. Yes, we can improve our fitness but there is a limit to what our bodies can do no matter how hard we try. Even world class athletes reach their limit to the point where they can't run any faster or lift any heavier weights. No human can run as fast as a cheetah! So there! That is my rant. :p

Beth and Pam, very cute T-Rex picture, thanks for sharing!

Beth, thank you for the Bellyfit link!

Pat, I still need to wrap the Christmas gifts I have for our grandsons.

yogapam 12-22-21 01:47 PM

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~My friends Essentrics class
~BellyFit: Ice Queen
~Solstice Sleep Story (YT) - Thank you Beth, it was lovely!

Beth - That cartoon cracked me up! :D

Pat - I had to chuckle about your hygienist looking like EB. I hope she was as zen & gentle as Ellen. :D

Paine - I’m a lazy wrapper, I tend to use gift bags. :o And I agree with your rant, we need to set realistic goals to avoid injury & frustration.

Back later to post my workouts….
Waves to all!

toaster 12-22-21 02:05 PM

Pam, I'm glad you liked the sleep story too. Based on what you tend to post on FB, I think our sense of humors are pretty similar! ;)

Paine, you are welcome to rant! I actually had some issues with things Miranda said in the CS routine I did yesterday. I don't recall all of the specifics, but the episode was supposedly to target "saddlebags," and so I have issues just with that. :o She also tends to talk in absolutes... oh, that reminds me, one of the things she said was "men have bad posture" - really, all of them? :p

Twigs 12-22-21 03:33 PM

Hello everyone:

Today's workouts:
- Body Groove Funk (15 min)
- Ellen B Skinny Sculpt Belly & Tush (15 min)
- HealthBarre Butt & Thighs Quick Tips (18 min)
- YoQi Qigong Flow for the Winter Solstice

Beth - I laughed at the gingerbread house failure. I think we've all had those moments. I remember years ago I baked some brownies to take into work the next day. When I took the tray out of the oven, I tripped and dropped the tray upside down onto the counter top. Luckily, the counter was super clean! So, I scooped up all the bits, mashed the crumbs down with some cream cheese and a little fruit coulis, rolled them into balls, dipped them into chocolate and made chocolate truffles. Everyone loved them and wanted the recipe! :D

Pam - I think BellyFit Ice Queen is a very appropriate workout for this time of year. You've reminded me I need to try some of my recently purchased BF videos.

Paine - Are these presents for your grandsons complete surprises or do they have an inkling of what they're getting?

Pat - Sorry you had a gimpy day. :( I don't mind going to the dentist for a clean but am not so keen on on any dental work that involves a drill!

Waves to all!

toaster 12-22-21 03:36 PM

Margot, that was extremely resourceful of you!!! :D I picked out some of the slings practices from YT that I want to try today.

Paine 12-22-21 04:13 PM

Margot, that was a clever way to save your brownie snafu!
My 6 year old grandson has a good idea about what I got him for Christmas. The Target catalog of toys came in the mail so he showed me which Lego sets he would like and also wants a regular sized metal Slinky. My 3 year old grandson doesn't know that I got him a big toy trash truck and a Slinky. He is still obsessed with the trash man and trash trucks! Like Pam, I like to use gift bags instead of wrapping paper but the trash truck is too big for a gift bag so I'll have to wrap it in paper.

Beth, that's funny about what Miranda said.