Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

yogapam 12-13-21 12:39 PM

Hello everyone!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~15 min rebounding
~15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~Yin hip opener poses on my own

Yesterday’s zoom was fun, it was great to see Sherry & Pat! :heart:

Waves to all!

luvcritters 12-13-21 01:24 PM

Beth, I was talking to the man about your reading and he votes for The 4 Immeasurables because they should be a part of our daily living. I agree but I wanted to hear Little Women. And the phone book.;)

cyana, I tweaked a muscle in my back but don't know what I did. I took a muscle relaxer an hour ago and its not helping yet. I get the Liquid IV direct from the company. They have more flavors. I've been using it for a few months. My Costco had the immune support and finally got hydration last week.

This might be a rest day. Depends on how my tweaked muscle feels as the day goes on.

toaster 12-13-21 02:07 PM

LOL - I still don't feel the same way as Linda does about my own voice, but if anyone else does, here's a little something I sent privately to Linda earlier:
https://youtu.be/1ZJOwt_jtZU

Linda, I agree with your man! I just love the 4 Immeasurables and am doing classes themed around them this month.

Glad several of you enjoyed the Zoom call! So many tweaky backs here though; looks like we are in sick bay again. :eek:

sherry7899 12-13-21 06:32 PM

This morning was an hour long Body Combat and a twenty minute walk. I will try to do yoga before bed.

luvcritters 12-13-21 07:58 PM

This muscle hurts so much I came to bed 3 hours ago. I posted some pics of Meow and one of me in my album. Meow Meow's album really. I tried to get Meow in the air when she jumped from the rafters but I missed. The one of me is my 71 year old face with no makeup:eek: The hair is all mine. I stopped dyeing my hair 30 years ago.

JustSandra 12-13-21 09:06 PM

Hi!

Today's Workout: For Margaret Monday I did Sections 3 and 4 from Margaret Richard's Good For You. No outside walks yesterday or today -- we are enjoying one of those "atmospheric rivers" which is bringing a nice juicy rainstorm.

Linda: OMG the photos of Meow Meow are so cute! I love how sleek and healthy she looks, and for being one of those "tripod" kitties she is so active. I thought the photo of you looked very nice as well. :)

Pat58: Interesting way to do The Nutcracker. Your reasoning on the film part makes sense to me. I agree it is our new reality.

Cyana: I can't remember where I read it, but that's also my understanding that Jessica will release her new stuff on both DVD and streaming. I'll be interested to see if her new set includes a version of her new YouTube mobility workout.

Waving to all!

toaster 12-13-21 09:48 PM

Linda, I loved seeing your face in that album - nice smile and cute glasses! And your hair looks great, more dark brown than gray. That is a really cute avatar pic of MM too. :)

Sherry, that was a long workout plus walk! I had trouble motivating myself to do anything else after 30 mins.

I wound up doing this Barre3 routine today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAjyG2EBFzw

It was okay, but I recall liking it more the first time I tried it. I also did the band piriformis routine from Annie Pilates Physical Therapist again, and that still is tough! I had to take off the band for the last move (reverse clamshell).

sherry7899 12-14-21 07:49 AM

Good morning,

I'll just post my workout and try for personals later.

I did:

-Soul Sweat with Maria Being Present in your Body 57 minutes
-Sarabeth Yoga 10 minute yin hip practice. It did not have shavasana, but I did one so I could use the lovely eye pillow I received from Pat :heart:

Pat58 12-14-21 09:23 AM

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK Morning Yin Full Body Stretch
~ LWR Calendar Days 5 and 6, a 20 minute "outdoor" walk and 7 minute back workout
~ Mirabai Holland Moving Free Flexibility 1
~ 6,664 steps

I was a doofus last night and tweaked something in my back, it felt like left side sacrum? I did the Lucy's right after work cold, in a rush to get it over with and do some Christmas stuff. I chose Mirabai for the lovely deep stretch but something didn't jive. It's all better today, but I'll keep things low key anyway.

Sherry, I'm so happy the eye pillow helped. They make a big difference in relaxing you, I find.

Sandra, to make the ballet even more different, they tweaked the story line to make it more of a nautical story. Old time sailors and the rats are pirates attacking.

Have a great day!

Paine 12-14-21 12:16 PM

Margaret's Good For You (Segment 3 and Segment 4)

I didn't know what workout to do this morning but I saw that Sandra did Margaret's Good For You so I decided to do the same workout Sandra did--thank you for the inspiration Sandra!

Linda, nice pictures--thanks for sharing!

I'm waving to everyone! :sun: