Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Barefoot and on the Mat: December 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232068)

toaster 12-12-21 03:35 PM

Sherry, it was 61 degrees here yesterday, but I didn't go outside because of the high wind gusts. :( It's nice & sunny but not as warm here today.

Pam, I go in spurts with Pilates too; I guess I'm in an "on" spurt right now.

cyana, interesting about the local farmers. Cool tights.

I did several shoulder/upper back routines from the Heart & Bones Yoga YT channel today; here was one I liked a lot:
https://youtu.be/4-yNclFV8PE

I forgot to mention before that next Sunday, I am signed up to do a special solstice class that my friend at the studio is teaching in the evening - very excited for this!

Speaking of the solstice, I think I am going to film a "Solstice Sleep Story" video to post that day. My idea is to do just a few floor yoga poses and then to reach something calming during the rest. I have to decide what to read thought - the only ideas I have right now are Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" or an excerpt from the book Little Women (if I could find something that works). If anyone has any other thoughts on this, let me know!

I also am going to try to film a video to post this week since I haven't posted one since before Thanksgiving. I think I'm going to do a second "Banish Your Own Back Pain" practice, but this one would be a chair routine. :)

luvcritters 12-12-21 06:38 PM

Very early this morning around 1:30 a.m. I did several short walking workouts on YouTube. This afternoon I did shoulders and arms with Gilad's Express Workouts. Since its cool in here I'm going to use Cubii Jr to get warm.

Sherry, I'm an afternoon person turning into a night person because of the man's crazy hours.

Beth, thank you. I'm trying. I'm sure Sherry's month will be worse than mine. It was 70 here yesterday and I didn't go outside other than to get the trash can the bear tried to steal the night before. The wind was awful. When the bear was here Meow Meow growled from the windowsill like her little gargle sound would scare him away.
Jerry would eat fried bologna sandwiches every day if I had let him. The SO had one this morning for breakfast.

cyana, I had a comparatively mild pancreatitis attack this morning. I must've been thinking about fried bologna so much that my body thought I ate it. I can't find anything in my food log to justify it. Thankful that I didn't pass out this time.

sherry7899 12-12-21 08:07 PM

Beth, I did not walk yesterday either because of the wind. Today I did two walks, totaling 45 minutes. I may do a bedtime yoga practice.

Cyana, I did enjoy the zoom call. It was lovely to see people's faces and hear them after all these years.

Sherry

toaster 12-12-21 09:27 PM

Sherry, I actually haven't been outside all weekend even though it was relatively mild; I'd like to get better about that! Glad you enjoyed the Zoom call.

Linda, so sorry about the pancreatitis attack; I hope it passed. You said you would listen to me read the phone book - although I'm not sure that is true :o , maybe you can help me decide what to read for my solstice sleep story video. I think I've narrowed it down to one of the opening passages from Little Women (1st chapter, Christmas morning, bringing food to the Hummels), a chapter from the book Just One Thing on letting go, or a reading about the Buddhist brahma-viharas (4 Immeasurables). Any preference?

JustSandra 12-12-21 10:03 PM

Hi!

No workout for me Friday (usual day off) or Saturday (no good reason :o).

Today's Workout: I rarely use YouTube, but today I tried out Jessica Smith's two brand-new workouts -- the first she has posted in a couple of years, I believe. The first was a 1-mile "Walk and Talk" with the theme of regaining momentum (something I could use!). During the walk Jessica talked about Peanut :heart: and also a little bit about her upcoming DVDs. The second YouTube workout was a gentle mobility routine, which hit the spot!

Linda: If you need more short walking workouts, Jessica Smith has a number of Walk and Talk YouTube videos.

Cyana: Those are some wild workout tights!

Sherry: Glad you enjoyed the Zoom chat!

Waving to all!

luvcritters 12-12-21 10:36 PM

Beth, if you're going to read to me:heart: I say the opening from Little Women. The 4 Immeasurables would be good, too. Actually all 3 are good but Little Women is my vote. I'm drinking Liquid IV Hydration. I've been getting light headed since I was sick this morning. A lot of times after an attack I go to the hospital and they keep me over night to pump me full of fluids. I'm hoping the Liquid IV helps so I can stay with Meow.

Sandra, thanks I'll check out Jessica on YouTube. One of the ladies last night couldn't stay on the beat. I turned my back to the TV so I didn't have to watch her. There was another woman playing follow the leader with no cueing at all but since she had songs from the 70's and 80's I hung around.

I did Gilad's Express arms and shoulders again to get more reps. Plus I did the PT shoulder exercises. I'll make my shoulder strong again or else.

toaster 12-13-21 08:23 AM

Happy Monday! :sun: Today is the last day of classes at the college where I work, so I am hoping for a slow work week - plus, I'm off Friday, so it's a short one. :)

Linda, my one hesitation about the Little Women is that I'm not sure I want to do something specifically Christmas. Maybe I'll make a private video just for you (and I guess for my mom too, who named me after Beth in Little Women). ;)

cyana 12-13-21 08:29 AM

Quick pre-work post and run:
AM: short walk (flat, it was a little brisk out there!)
50 stability ball crunches
20 standing rear leg raises (each side)
Planning to do Lee's live class later today

I used my TENS unit most of the day yesterday after tweaking my back and while not 100% this AM, it isn't bad - hooray. I'm going to use the heating pad while I'm sitting today in hopes that helps with any stiffness. I was quite impressed that I was able to use my TENS unit for so long without losing much battery charge, especially since I was using on the dual channel function as I had big electrodes on both sides of my lower back. If I start getting uncomfortable or really stiff today, I'll pop the TENS back on.

Beth - I'm off Friday too, so I'll celebrate with you. :cool:

Linda - Sorry to hear you're having another bout of pancreatitis. Hopefully the Liquid IV Hydration product works - fingers crossed. I've seen it advertised extensively - I think Costco has some good sales on it from time to time.

Sherry - Yay - glad you enjoyed the Zoom call. :D

Sandra - I thought those tights looks so cheery. I got the long ones for those chilly winter days ahead. Thanks for reminding me that Jessica has posted several new YT videos - will try to get those done this week. If I'm remembering correctly, it sounded as though Jessica plans to put her new programs out on both DVD and streaming.

Waves to ALL - must get to work!

Pat58 12-13-21 09:22 AM

Good morning all, Happy Moan Day. Yesterday was day 2 of not getting anything formal exercise done but it was for happy reasons - lounging, attending the VF Zoom meet-up, and then The Nutcracker with my niece. It was an interesting production, Act 1 was a film of the dancers and Act 2 was live dancers. We think it was a COVID thing, because Act 1 has a large amount of young children close to each other. They probably decided that to get the production off the ground and keep the show open as my state begins another lockdown, that filming one time would limit their chances of exposure. They checked out vaccination cards on the way in and we had to remain masked and we were totally fine with that. I can't wait to get back for another show. Our new reality.

Cyana I'm very sorry to hear of your back tweaking. Love those tights!

Sherry it was great to see you too, and Pam.

Beth your solstice class sounds fun. Thank you for that shoulders routine, I'll check it out.

Waves all!

Paine 12-13-21 11:56 AM

Today is an unplanned rest day. I slept lousy last night and didn't workout this morning. I might get a walk in later today.

Cyana, I like the look of your leggings. I have a long torso too which makes it difficult to find a comfortable fit.
You must have been delivered Stokes sweet potatoes (purple on the outside and inside) rather than JSPs. I like Stokes but not as much as my beloved JSPs!