Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Streaming only (aka: I got rid of my final fitness DVD's) (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231186)

loverly7 06-09-21 04:50 PM

Streaming only (aka: I got rid of my final fitness DVD's)

I have been streaming exclusively for years now. I had whittled my fitness DVD collection down over the years, but still hadn't touched a single fitness DVD in years. I finally decided to donate the ones I had left. So over the weekend I donated those final few and now I am truly streaming only. I felt a little sad for a moment when I did it, but I have been streaming only for such a long time now and I honestly can't envision myself ever using a DVD workout again. Someone else can surely benefit from my donation and that would do more good than the workouts just sitting on a shelf. Just thought I would share...

anetta 06-09-21 04:56 PM

Great. I am ready to do the same.

Anita

Usia 06-09-21 05:17 PM

I wish I could do the same, but my internet is not always reliable and streaming during peak hours can be a problem for me. Even though I live in a major metro area, I don't have many other choices of internet providers so I'm stuck with the hated comcast. For that reason, I will not get rid of my dvds.

wendug 06-09-21 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usia (Post 2928733)
I wish I could do the same, but my internet is not always reliable and streaming during peak hours can be a problem for me. Even though I live in a major metro area, I don't have many other choices of internet providers so I'm stuck with the hated comcast. For that reason, I will not get rid of my dvds.

Same. I did a YouTube workout today and had buffering issues. It usually clears up within a minute or two, so I just continue the move the instructor had been doing or march in place until it clears up. Luckily I don't have comcast. As soon as AT&T was available in the area, we switched.

kat999 06-09-21 05:36 PM

Yeah, I can't make the full switch. I do have the FitFusion app and it works okay on even an older Roku, but my workout room is the room faaaarthest from my router, and the wifi signal in there can be spotty. If I ever move and have a better set-up, I might switch, but on the other hand I spent a lot of time getting my DVD collection together, so I'd hate to ditch it now. Maybe if the technology itself completely dies. ;)

fanofladyvols 06-09-21 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loverly7 (Post 2928729)
I have been streaming exclusively for years now. I had whittled my fitness DVD collection down over the years, but still hadn't touched a single fitness DVD in years. I finally decided to donate the ones I had left. So over the weekend I donated those final few and now I am truly streaming only. I felt a little sad for a moment when I did it, but I have been streaming only for such a long time now and I honestly can't envision myself ever using a DVD workout again. Someone else can surely benefit from my donation and that would do more good than the workouts just sitting on a shelf. Just thought I would share...

Well good for you loverly!
Somewhere there's a vidiot like me who is going to be thrilled to shop what you donated. So thank you. :)

As crappy as my interwebs is, I can't imagine ever being able to only stream. Love my collection :love:

muggle 06-09-21 07:18 PM

I’m not sure if I’ll ever give up my beloved DVD’s. They’re like my children. I keep them safe, clean and pay attention to every one of them. I stream too but can’t imagine streaming exclusively. My fear is when my DVD player dies…..do they even manufacture them anymore? Scary thought!

BigBadBetty 06-09-21 07:24 PM

Good for you! I am a few steps behind you. I put all my DVD in a storage bin. If I don't go in that bin for the next year, I will donate. I generally stream or just do my own thing. Since the new year, I have done only 1 DVD workout. I don't even think of them really. But I just couldn't get rid of them. They upgraded our horrible rural internet to something stable about a year and half ago. (Which is great because we both have had to work from home since March 2020.)

yogapam 06-09-21 07:40 PM

I stream or use downloads almost exclusively. I started doing that when I was traveling a lot, which I plan to resume next year. I have my iPad on a tripod which makes it easy to adjust the height & angle for standing or floor work, saves me kinking up my neck to look at the tv.

I purged a large portion of my DVD collection a while back. I SASEed a lot of them here & gave a box full to a local single mom. I still have a lot left and I should do another purge.

rhbrand 06-09-21 10:11 PM

The extra space must be nice.

Sadly I live next door to the middle of nowhere and my internet isn't that good.
Oh, I can on most days stream. One thing at a time. We have to even take our phones off wi-fi to stream. I forgot while streaming Loki today and got the loading ring for a little bit.

Those of you with great internet, pray for those of us with crappy internet.