Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Using fitness equipment as a clothes rack... (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232731)

Vintage VFer 05-02-22 10:31 AM

Using fitness equipment as a clothes rack...

We all know the cliche of someone buying a (usually expensive, often a space hog) piece of fitness equipment and then only using it to hang clothes on.

I have been using my Cathe Fit Tower (formerly known as the Turbo Tower) to hang damp laundry to dry. It is most excellent for this re-purpose. I like to hang dry my workout wear, so that makes it even more appropriate.

The difference is that I actually use the Tower regularly. :D

Karla25 05-02-22 01:04 PM

I use my Fluidity Barre to hang workout clothes and towels on. I also usually keep a spare set of street clothes on it -just in case someone comes to the door.

:eek: I haven't used the barre in several months for anything else. :eek:

Jane P. 05-02-22 02:26 PM

I did that with my original nordic trac, but then I finally sold it. Never did really master it, too klutzy.

SpiritYogi 05-02-22 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2963921)
We all know the cliche of someone buying a (usually expensive, often a space hog) piece of fitness equipment and then only using it to hang clothes on.

I have been using my Cathe Fit Tower (formerly known as the Turbo Tower) to hang damp laundry to dry. It is most excellent for this re-purpose. I like to hang dry my workout wear, so that makes it even more appropriate.

The difference is that I actually use the Tower regularly. :D

Multipurpose equipment is the best! :D

fanofladyvols 05-02-22 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2963921)

Is this what they mean by hidden value? :cool:

Vintage VFer 05-03-22 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2963974)
Is this what they mean by hidden value? :cool:

Why keep it hidden? Cathe should use that as a selling point! :D

wendug 05-03-22 10:55 AM

Not me, but my husband. He had to have an awesome lightweight Lemond road bike. He even has a fancy computerized trainer to use in the house. Well, I haven't seen him take his bike out in a few years it seems like. Doesn't use the trainer either. Right now it is covered in vines from a houseplant in his office. :( He bought a mountain bike that is gathering dust in the garage. Also, before our neighbor moved out of state he used to play ice hockey, which of course meant he had to buy the best equipment- the skates that are molded to your foot when you buy them. That stuff has been bagged up in the garage for years. Well I guess he can't give me grief for all the fitness gadgets and DVDs I've purchased. ;)

unfetteredpast 05-03-22 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane P. (Post 2963953)
I did that with my original nordic trac, but then I finally sold it. Never did really master it, too klutzy.

My nordic track never made it to the laundry rack stage. I got rid of it when a neighbor complained about the noise. She asked me if I would consider not using it too early in the morning. I asked her what she considered early. She replied "before 9:30."