Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OT : KIndle Fire question (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227674)

sherry7899 01-14-20 08:11 AM

OT : KIndle Fire question

I bought a kindle fire HD 10 inch in the fall of 2017. I use it constantly ( I don't have a smart phone, so it's my main internet connection when I'm not using a computer). I've had no problems with it at all.

In the last few days, it has been REALLY slow to charge. It is holding a charge fine, though. My DH thought I either need a new charger or a new battery.
I ordered a new "fast" charger from Amazon to try out, since they have free returns. It seems like the batteries are harder to find and more expensive. I am guessing they basically want you to buy a new kindle instead of a new battery. I would think since it's still holding the charge fine that it more likely is the charger and not the battery?

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks!
Sherry

Pat58 01-14-20 10:13 AM

I don't have that specific Kindle, but years ago when I got my first Kindle Fire (2013?) I had problems with it. Amazon Customer Service asked me to check on a few things and then they sent me a brand new one.

I don't know if Amazon CS is still that stellar, though. :(

One of the things I learned is to keep the wi fi off unless you are downloading a book or using the Kindle to browse. Good luck.

sherry7899 01-14-20 10:24 AM

Thanks, Pat! If the new charger does not help I will contact Amazon. Since I bought it in 2017 I doubt they would replace it.

Pat58 01-14-20 10:40 AM

Everything seems to have a two year shelf life now. :(

sherry7899 01-14-20 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2855448)
Everything seems to have a two year shelf life now. :(

I hope not! I don't want to spend money on a new one yet.

DirtDiva 01-14-20 03:11 PM

I have a Fire HD 10 inch also from 2017 and use it daily. I have not had any issues with charging or holding a charge.

sherry7899 01-14-20 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtDiva (Post 2855475)
I have a Fire HD 10 inch also from 2017 and use it daily. I have not had any issues with charging or holding a charge.

I am glad yours has been working fine. I have had no issues with mine until now. The new charger isn't working. The battery percentage is going DOWN while charging, which is bizarre. I am going to contact Amazon.

DirtDiva 01-14-20 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2855492)
I am glad yours has been working fine. I have had no issues with mine until now. The new charger isn't working. The battery percentage is going DOWN while charging, which is bizarre. I am going to contact Amazon.

That doesn't sound right. I have 5 other close friends and family who have this tablet and use it quite a bit. I'd call Amazon too.

yogapam 01-14-20 04:14 PM

Sherry- I don’t have a kindle fire, but sometimes my iPad gets sluggish, and doesn’t hold a charge like it should. Have you tried a hard reset, power it down completely vs just switching it off? Sometimes that helps.

bzar 01-14-20 05:04 PM

Sherry, find out whether the warranty is still available on your device. also, if you bought it with a credit card, there may be additional warranties available from that. for example, the Costco credit card has additional warranties on top of what the manufacturer provides. it's worth looking into.

I have had good experience with Square Trade warranty company. they provide the extended warranties for Sam's Club, Best Buy, and Walmart.

I recently got my money back on a mini frig that we bought from Sam's club - it had an extended warranty and I happened to notice it was still valid because my Square Trade account showed that it was still in force. I was looking up another warranty in my account. at the time, the broken mini frig was sitting there in our house while DH and I were watching youtube videos on how to fix the condenser! I told DH - the heck with it - i'm going to request a refund.