Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2021 Holiday Gift Exchange Thank you thread (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232037)

sherry7899 11-23-21 11:00 AM

2021 Holiday Gift Exchange Thank you thread
 
Some Santas have started shipping early, (no pressure!) so please post your thank you notes here :love:

sherry7899 11-26-21 08:50 AM

bumping!

JENILU 11-26-21 11:33 PM

I dare not open yet, but I wanted to let my Santa (Linda - not sure of VF name, but it may say when I open) know that I received a package today!! I am gonna TRY to hold off, but the timing was way too good, grrr. I am not near finished with my shopping, lol. (I don't have prime, but my orders get here quick usually, just slow in picking).
Anyway, thankyou so much. I'll be back when I open!! ) :sun:

When I finally get mine mailed, I may feel better about opening, lol. So happy and excited for everyone!! I think I have ordered everything I need to have shipped, just have to get up the gumption to do some in person shopping.

sherry7899 11-27-21 09:12 AM

Please post to let your Santa know your package has arrived, even if you you are not opening it yet (Jenilu, I know you posted :sun:)

Sidlynn 11-27-21 09:33 PM

My Santa is being so good to me! I've already received 2 DVDs straight from Total Fitness DVDs (Rapid Fire 3 and Dressed Up Drills) and today I got a pair of adorable and warm alpaca slippers. Fluffy and cute and they go up to midcalf. :love: Plus Sherry Elf sent along Powerstrike Millennium 2 on VHS because, like my Santa she's amazing! :sun: Thank you!!

lreidgreen 11-28-21 11:21 PM

Siddlyn,
Thanks for posting and those slippers sound great. I have sheep slipper socks that I love. They make me smile every time I wear them and look down at my feet.

Rhonda 11-29-21 08:05 AM

Want to say I received a package from TotalFitness. I haven't opened it yet, it is sitting under our tree. Thanks to whomever my SS is.

sherry7899 11-29-21 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidlynn (Post 2948105)
My Santa is being so good to me! I've already received 2 DVDs straight from Total Fitness DVDs (Rapid Fire 3 and Dressed Up Drills) and today I got a pair of adorable and warm alpaca slippers. Fluffy and cute and they go up to midcalf. :love: Plus Sherry Elf sent along Powerstrike Millennium 2 on VHS because, liked my Santa she's amazing! :sun: Thank you!!

You are very welcome! Enjoy the powerstrike. Those slippers sound adorable!

Garrie A. 11-29-21 11:11 AM

My Secret Santa package arrived on Black Friday! I'm still speechless but will post what I received later.

Thank you so much!

lreidgreen 11-29-21 11:58 AM

I just received a package that I am pretty sure is from my Secret Santa but have not opened it yet. I will open it later and post later but in case I get sidetracked I wanted to let them know I received it.
Thank you!

lreidgreen 12-01-21 02:20 PM

I want to thank my Secret Santa Rhonda for the gifts she sent to me. I was going to wait to open the package but I couldn't resist.
The Mark Lauren Bodyweight Training DVD and QiGong book are very much appreciated. I have been wanting the Mark Lauren workout for quite some time.

She also sent me 6 little tubes of Gold Bond hand cream which I desperately need right now because the skin on my fingers is cracking with this cold dry weather. I so appreciate this because it is my favorite hand cream and I can put them in my purse, work bag, car etc.
She also sent 10 (yes 10!) rolls of Cinnamon Mentos which I LOVE. They are my guilty pleasure. I used to be able to find them locally at Rite Aid or Hudson News at the airport but they don't carry them now.

Thank you so much Rhonda for your generosity! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

JENILU 12-01-21 03:23 PM

Ok, i was sneaky, and something made me atleast open my box (and it just happens to be the 1st, which makes this extra awesome!!). My most amazingand psychic (hee hee) Santa was fanofladyvols!!! One thing that is so amazing and has me so excited, even tho I haven't opened anything is that I just told hubby how I have never had a countdown calendar and had always wanted one so had bought myself a little cheap on I found and started opening it after Thanksgiving, lol. Somehow, I opened this today and she said she had tried to set up enough gifts to be a countdown!!That alone is enough to get me teary eyed!! (How did she know??) I don't know if I can stick to 1 a day, but its gonna be so fun anyway and I thankyou so much for bringing me some excitement! (and for the so sweet card!)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Demeris 12-01-21 04:16 PM

I picked up my secret santa gift from the PO this afternoon. Thank you, LReidgreen! I haven't opened it yet. I'm testing my willpower. We'll see how that goes, eh?

fanofladyvols 12-01-21 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENILU (Post 2948403)
Ok, i was sneaky, and something made me atleast open my box (and it just happens to be the 1st, which makes this extra awesome!!). My most amazingand psychic (hee hee) Santa was fanofladyvols!!! One thing that is so amazing and has me so excited, even tho I haven't opened anything is that I just told hubby how I have never had a countdown calendar and had always wanted one so had bought myself a little cheap on I found and started opening it after Thanksgiving, lol. Somehow, I opened this today and she said she had tried to set up enough gifts to be a countdown!!That alone is enough to get me teary eyed!! (How did she know??) I don't know if I can stick to 1 a day, but its gonna be so fun anyway and I thankyou so much for bringing me some excitement! (and for the so sweet card!)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Oh I'm EXTRA happy that it is something you'd be on board doing!! But it's ok if you can't wait, too. :music::cool:

Garrie A. 12-02-21 09:39 AM

I want to give a very special thanks to my Secret Santa and check-in buddy Sherry (sherry7899). I instantly knew who my Santa was from the label (and the excellent packaging). The box was waiting for me after I came home from Black Friday shopping, and I was speechless after opening.

Here was what was inside:

DVDs:
-KCM's Home Gym Intervals and Athletic Conditioning Volume 2
-Two Debra Bono DVDs (African Dance and a three dance style one I can't remember the name of; these weren't on my wishlist but a very nice surprise. I have Debra's Afro-Caribbean Step but have only previewed it; that said, from preview I liked Debra's low-key personality and plan on trying all three)
-A Les Mills BodyJam DVD (have never done BodyJam so this will be an treat)
-An Evolution DVD (by Marc Oliver; this was from Anne who was my Secret Santa a few years ago)
-Two Ilaria DVDs (Bodystrikes 2 and Atletica 2; I need to do an Ilaria rotation sometime.)

Other goodies:
-LOTS of dark chocolate from Trader Joe's
-Some hot chocolate mixes from Landolakes and a TJ's dissolvable hot chocolate on a stick
-Trader Joe's Almond Butter Covered Almonds (have never seen or tried these since there's no TJs near me, but my boyfriend opened the bag yesterday and we both love them! :love:)
-Two bottles of body wash from TJs (that smell divine)
-Several natural soap bars
-Two hanks of Madelinetosh fingering weight sock yarn in a very pretty red color (from elf Leslie)
-A US 4 circular needle (also from Leslie)

Then I got to the wrapped package that Sherry said was from her husband's collection. It contained a Pam Tillis concert DVD and hits collection CD (the latter autographed by her), and finally an INXS concert. Pam is one of my favorite country artists (90s country is the best!) and I also like INXS so that was a nice finishing touch to a great early Christmas gift.

Sherry, I know things have been hard the past year and I've always kept you in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))) You have been generous to many VFers on her (myself included) that I must return the favor soon. Thanks again!

P.S. Also thanks to elves Leslie and Anne!

Rhonda 12-02-21 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lreidgreen (Post 2948396)
I want to thank my Secret Santa Rhonda for the gifts she sent to me. I was going to wait to open the package but I couldn't resist.
The Mark Lauren Bodyweight Training DVD and QiGong book are very much appreciated. I have been wanting the Mark Lauren workout for quite some time.

She also sent me 6 little tubes of Gold Bond hand cream which I desperately need right now because the skin on my fingers is cracking with this cold dry weather. I so appreciate this because it is my favorite hand cream and I can put them in my purse, work bag, car etc.
She also sent 10 (yes 10!) rolls of Cinnamon Mentos which I LOVE. They are my guilty pleasure. I used to be able to find them locally at Rite Aid or Hudson News at the airport but they don't carry them now.

Thank you so much Rhonda for your generosity! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Your welcome - I hope you enjoy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

sherry7899 12-03-21 05:51 PM

Garrie, you are very welcome! I had so much fun putting together a package for you. I think you will really enjoy Body Jam. I had elf help, as you can tell.
My packing box always gives me away if you've been doing the exchange for awhile. I love to decorate the box with Snoopy wrapping paper.

sherry7899 12-03-21 07:23 PM

I could only post half of my post. I keep getting an error message

Demeris 12-04-21 09:15 AM

Well, I made it less than four days. That box sat next to my Christmas Cactus (a ceramic saguaro--a short, like 10 inches, ceramic saguaro with Christmas lights. It serves as my Christmas tree) for three days, but this morning, I ripped into it. And I'm glad, because I'm enjoying some loverly Morrocan Mint tea and some tasty peppermint/dark chocolate bark as I type this.

I got so many goodies: TEA--oh my gosh, so much tea, so many teas. Some are bagged but my Secret Santa, lreidgreen, also sent me lots of loose tea AND an infuser that goes in the cup! How cool is that? One of the reasons I don't drink loose tea more often is that I have to haul the teapot off its shelf, AND I have to be up to drinking way more tea than I normally want. I can hardly wait to try out all the different loose leaf teas. I would list all of the types of teas I got, but this post would take a whole screen.

Lreidgreen also sent me a darling journal with hedgehogs on the cover. It's just adorable and especially fitting because my dog's favorite toy right now is a hedgehog that grunts and squeaks.

Lreidgreen sent me THREE workouts that have been on my wish list for eons: Tracy Long's Core Movements Vols 1&2; Charlotte Ord's Back to Basics; Weight Watcher 15 mins Boot Camp with four workouts!!!

She also gave me two balls of gorgeous Italian yarn in a sweet celery green AND lavender dryer packets!!! What thoughtful additions to the whole package.

Thank you, Secret Santa. I feel as if I've received eight or nine gifts in one package. What a great boon!

Pat58 12-06-21 11:18 AM

Trying an experiment here, to see if I can get us to page 3 and this thread will allow Sherry to post.

Pat58 12-06-21 11:19 AM

bump

sherry7899 12-06-21 11:40 AM

Thanks, Pat! I will try to add the rest of my post later.

Pat58 12-06-21 11:55 AM

You're welcome!

sherry7899 12-06-21 06:22 PM

I still can't post it...sigh...I don't know what is going on!

JENILU 12-06-21 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2948922)
I still can't post it...sigh...I don't know what is going on!

maybe you could send it to someone and they could post it for you?

Laura S. 12-06-21 08:35 PM

Thank you Demeris!
 
My MIL fell in November and before Thanksgiving my sister-in-law was totally stressed out caring for her. So, we headed from NC where we live to Huntington, WV after Thanksgiving and we were there for a week. We got back this weekend and are catching up with all of life.

This evening, I went through the stack of packages we got while we were gone and found one that it took me a moment to recognize - my package from my VF Secret Santa! Woo hoo! Thanks Marci!

I haven't had the chance to look at it yet, but I wanted to let you know it's here. I'm sure I will open it in the next day or two because I don't believe in waiting. :D When I do, I'll post a more specific message.

Pat58 12-07-21 09:04 AM

Sherry, if you want to PM your thank you to me I will share it for you.

sherry7899 12-07-21 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2948975)
Sherry, if you want to PM your thank you to me I will share it for you.

Pat, I tried to PM you and got the 500 error! What the heck is going on?!

fanofladyvols 12-07-21 05:07 PM

Sherry email it to me

lreidgreen 12-07-21 05:31 PM

Demeris, I am glad you enjoyed the package and all the teas. I love that cup tea infuser. It is so handy. I always include some kind of infuser in a package that includes loose tea if I am not sure if the person has one. I agree using a teapot for one cup is a pain. I tried to include a good variety of teas, some of which I know I like and others that I received as samples from Upton tea (the Earl Grey Lavender and Christmas tea). I love that yarn-it is so soft. I haven't knitted in far too long (although I keep saying I want to) so I thought I would share my stash with someone who could use it. The peppermint bark is from a shop near me that is famous locally for their handmade candy.

Have a lovely Christmas and a happy healthy new year.
Leslie

sherry7899 12-07-21 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lreidgreen (Post 2949013)
Demeris, I am glad you enjoyed the package and all the teas. I love that cup tea infuser. It is so handy. I always include some kind of infuser in a package that includes loose tea if I am not sure if the person has one. I agree using a teapot for one cup is a pain. I tried to include a good variety of teas, some of which I know I like and others that I received as samples from Upton tea (the Earl Grey Lavender and Christmas tea). I love that yarn-it is so soft. I haven't knitted in far too long (although I keep saying I want to) so I thought I would share my stash with someone who could use it. The peppermint bark is from a shop near me that is famous locally for their handmade candy.

Have a lovely Christmas and a happy healthy new year.
Leslie

I can personally attest that the peppermint bark is delicious! :love:

Pat58 12-07-21 07:17 PM

Sherry - you can also message me via Facebook.

sherry7899 12-08-21 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2949024)
Sherry - you can also message me via Facebook.

thank you! I emailed Linda, but I will let you know if it does not work.

fanofladyvols 12-08-21 10:24 AM

From Sherry:
Garrie, you are very welcome! I had so much fun putting together a package for you. I think you will really enjoy Body Jam. I had elf help, as you can tell.
My packing box always gives me away if you've been doing the exchange for awhile. I love to decorate the box with Snoopy wrapping paper.
Those almond butter covered almonds are delicious. I bought them a few months ago and then when I saw you liked almonds I knew I'd get them for you also. I'm glad you and your boyfriend like them. The chocolate and natural soap selection at Trader Joe's is wonderful.

fanofladyvols 12-08-21 10:38 AM

More from Sherry:
I knew you did not have one near you, so that is why I bought items from there. The sea salt dark chocolate covered cashews are from Aldi, (in case you have one near you) but they are seasonal.

I wanted to share music with you, since that is my thing :love: We were lucky to meet Pam Tillis after a concert in the 1990s. She was very sweet.

I really appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

fanofladyvols 12-08-21 10:40 AM

I had to go back and edit section by section and then it would not let me add back anymore where you see me divide her message.
In case anyone is curious why message to Garrie is broken into two messages.

Sooo weird!!!:confused:

yogapam 12-08-21 03:39 PM

I received a Jessica Smith digital GC today! Im very excited as Jessica is releasing new workouts very soon! The GC is from Joanna B..so Im trying to figure out who that is. :D
:love: Thank you very much Santa! :love:

sherry7899 12-08-21 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2949095)
I received a Jessica Smith digital GC today! Im very excited as Jessica is releasing new workouts very soon! The GC is from Joanna B..so Im trying to figure out who that is. :D
:love: Thank you very much Santa! :love:

Perfect timing!

Jo FitFan 12-08-21 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2949095)
I received a Jessica Smith digital GC today! Im very excited as Jessica is releasing new workouts very soon! The GC is from Joanna B..so Im trying to figure out who that is. :D
:love: Thank you very much Santa! :love:

Hi Pam! I'm so happy you received your gift card! There was a little hiccup in getting it to you (honestly I'm not sure what happened but I'm so glad Jessica Smith's customer service was great about re-sending it - and a great big thank you to amazing Elf Leslie for helping chase things down!). I'm not sure if you received the message that was originally sent with the gift card, it basically said, it's been great fun getting to know you through the exchange! This is part one of your present, the rest is on it's way but can only be tracked as far as customs - hopefully it won't encounter too much headwind! :D. Love, Secret Santa
Enjoy your Jessica workouts! :love:

yogapam 12-09-21 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo FitFan (Post 2949112)
Hi Pam! I'm so happy you received your gift card! There was a little hiccup in getting it to you (honestly I'm not sure what happened but I'm so glad Jessica Smith's customer service was great about re-sending it - and a great big thank you to amazing Elf Leslie for helping chase things down!). I'm not sure if you received the message that was originally sent with the gift card, it basically said, it's been great fun getting to know you through the exchange! This is part one of your present, the rest is on it's way but can only be tracked as far as customs - hopefully it won't encounter too much headwind! :D. Love, Secret Santa
Enjoy your Jessica workouts! :love:

Aw thank you so much Jo! :love:

I’ll be sure to let you know when the package arrives & when I chose my Jessica Smith downloads.

And I was just just looking at your profile, we share the same birthday! How fun is that! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness