Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Everything in November :-) TheFIRM: Check-in, Stories & Tips (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231931)

FirmDancer 10-29-21 08:22 AM

WOW!! Thank you for all the great links! Such fun :sun:

My first workout video was Vol 2. I always had to split it in half. So proud of myself on the few days that I could do the entire workout at one time. I collected all the FIRMS. But actually, I didn't like them too much. I didn't like that some had endless repetitions of a certain move, or that the reps were random - maybe lunges would be 16 reps, shoulder press would be 5 reps - that sort of randomness. It made me feel disorganized for some reason.

But I loved the 4-limb moves and I really enjoy the BSS series and the Pink FIRMSs. That's what I'll be using for this check-in, along with going thru the WHFN workouts.

I've noticed that on days where I am physically active with moving, carrying, loading stuff (I'm in the process of major de-cluttering) that I feel better. To that end, I am going to focus on the "strength" workouts, rather than pure cardio. I may mix in some Jessica Smith and KCM.

-Anita

Karla25 10-29-21 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnMarie (Post 2945130)
This will be so FUN!!

I was a Firmie from the beginning. Sent away a check for each new release as a pre order. Hubby built me steps. I'd get up at 5am every weekday morning and get my Firm workout done before work. LOVE the newsletters and catalogs, and still have some. I also still have my clamshell cases.

Earlier this week I started a Firm rotation that I found. I am subbing some Ellen and Leslie into the mix, and I am looking forward to it.

Today was Volume 6.

:heart: That's dedication :heart: I used to workout with my kids after work to Vol. 1 & 2 sometimes. I'd be too embarrassed to workout with them now, but it was fun back then. We made some good memories :)

gladgirl 10-29-21 10:26 AM

Thank you, Karla, for putting all this together.
I started w/V1 VHS back in the day.
Used them over the years, on and off...due to new love...kettlebells.

But little did I know, my DD were watching and after all this time, they approached me to do a "Visible results in 10 workouts" challenge.

Still doing it, but looking to mix in walking workouts and focusing on the more strength vs cardio focused ones.

Seems like I am a FIRMIE, FIRM Believer, etc for life!

Karla25 10-30-21 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladgirl (Post 2945285)
Thank you, Karla, for putting all this together.
I started w/V1 VHS back in the day.
Used them over the years, on and off...due to new love...kettlebells.

But little did I know, my DD were watching and after all this time, they approached me to do a "Visible results in 10 workouts" challenge.

Still doing it, but looking to mix in walking workouts and focusing on the more strength vs cardio focused ones.

Seems like I am a FIRMIE, FIRM Believer, etc for life!

You’re welcome :) I also look forward to hearing more about your workouts in November.

Karla25 10-30-21 12:13 PM

I pulled the trigger and purchased CardioWeight System, Total Body Toner & Cardio Sculpt Fusion this morning.

:D Does this make me a Prepper? :D

I’m looking forward to November. I’m going to try on a pair of snug fitting pants on Nov. 1st. and at the end of the month to see if there’s any difference.

:sun: No stepping on scales for this girl. :sun:

KarenJo 10-30-21 12:35 PM

I found the original 20 Questions About Fitness video on YouTube. This ws at the end of most of the VHS workouts in the classics days. Way pre-Gaiam, even though this post has a Gaiam intro.

kat999 10-30-21 02:47 PM

I always come back to the FIRM and am doing a little unstructured FIRM rotation right now in between other systems. I love every single era and lately find that I actually like the pinks the best. Planning on one today but not sure which. :sun:

DawnMarie 11-01-21 09:57 AM

Happy November 1st.

I am in week 2 of a 90 Day Joint Friendly Rotation. Checking in with Better Body and Buns. I love how colorful this session is. My first go around with The Firm, I missed anything past the cross trainers. So, this is a workout I have acquired within the last 5-7 years.

Karla25 11-01-21 10:51 AM

Nov. 1

Today was a pink :-) I had hoped to do something more challenging, but decided to play it safe.

Fat-Burning Sculpting Ball workout is a 30 minute cardio workout with light toning and ab work -both standing and floor. I did this one barefoot. It's mostly low impact. I had no problem with the few jumps. I like Tina as an instructor :sun:

DawnMarie 11-01-21 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2945588)
Nov. 1

Today was a pink :-) I had hoped to do something more challenging, but decided to play it safe.

Fat-Burning Sculpting Ball workout is a 30 minute cardio workout with light toning and ab work -both standing and floor. I did this one barefoot. It's mostly low impact. I had no problem with the few jumps. I like Tina as an instructor :sun:

How heavy is the ball in this one? It's one of the few Firms I do not own.