Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic Off Topic: What are you binge watching? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228217)

Vintage VFer 03-30-20 11:19 AM

Off Topic: What are you binge watching?

We went through all the Harry Potter movies (maybe a bit too dark for the current times.) Then, the old Police Squad TV show with Leslie Nielson and the Naked Gun films.

Now, we're watching Parks and Recreation. I didn't see it when it was on. It's free on Prime and there are a lot of episodes. It's light and has some laughs.

anetta 03-30-20 11:43 AM

Mad Men

Anita

sherry7899 03-30-20 11:48 AM

We are binge watching The Odd Couple on dvd. It is comfort tv.

wishiwasinhawaii 03-30-20 11:48 AM

I discovered a series on Amazon Prime called Homecoming. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but I find it intriguing. It's an intense psychological thriller.

Malinda 03-30-20 12:09 PM

Modern Love on Amazon Prime. It is sweet, and every episode has outstanding writing and acting.

lisa122 03-30-20 12:14 PM

The Mentalist on Prime. I just finished The Stranger on Netflix. My daughter and I are watching Charmed on DVD in the evenings. It is torture for my husband, but he is being a good sport. :love:

yogapam 03-30-20 12:21 PM

Trial & Retribution on Acorn, it’s a British police procedural, great cast.

kimf 03-30-20 12:24 PM

Tiger King on Netflix! Anyone else?

kimf 03-30-20 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malinda (Post 2866649)
Modern Love on Amazon Prime. It is sweet, and every episode has outstanding writing and acting.

So, so good! Hope they make more.

wendug 03-30-20 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimf (Post 2866657)

Yep. Binged it all. It's like a car crash you can't look away from.

sherry7899 03-30-20 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malinda (Post 2866649)

I have been meaning to watch that. Thank you for the reminder.

Carol K 03-30-20 12:36 PM

I don't binge watch anything, but I just started the new season of Call the Midwife and I'm looking forward to the new Masterpiece series World on Fire that starts next Sunday.

Sue B 03-30-20 12:53 PM

I also try not to binge, but my dad and I watched Hillary on Hulu and McMillions on HBO.

Vantreesta 03-30-20 01:04 PM

Not really bingeing, just trying to catch up on DVRd shows since I was gone for most of 2 months. We did start rewatching Farscape in December and just finished season 2 last night. Once the DVR is caught up I want to rewatch some of the other series I have on DVD.

Mickey12 03-30-20 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anetta (Post 2866642)
Mad Men

Anita

I am totally, completely, unrelentingly, addicted to Mad Men. I have seen the entire series about 5 times and am now watching it a sixth (I think) time. My husband has given up on trying to get me to stop watching it. I just love it so much. I think the appeal is the nostalgia factor. There are so many nuances and small details in the show that harken back to the time period. Sometimes I will pause the TV during a scene and study the décor, the outfits, the knick knacks, etc. Many of the things they use for set dressing are things I remember from my childhood.

I also love the characters and plot lines, but I think it's the nostalgia that has me so enthralled.

Kim

Mickey12 03-30-20 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol K (Post 2866662)
I don't binge watch anything, but I just started the new season of Call the Midwife and I'm looking forward to the new Masterpiece series World on Fire that starts next Sunday.

I watched Call the Midwife for a season, I think. I liked it, but then kind of forgot about it. I hadn't heard about World on Fire. I keep hoping there will be a Masterpiece series as good as Downton Abby.

Kim

Carol K 03-30-20 02:34 PM

I enjoy just about everything on Masterpiece. Downton Abbey made all this good programming possible.

Malinda 03-30-20 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimf (Post 2866658)
So, so good! Hope they make more.

Me too! We watched the final episode Saturday night, and now we want to re-watch all of them again.

We are also re-watching The Leftovers. We loved it the first time, but are loving it even more the second time around.

warriorprincess 03-30-20 03:29 PM

We are re-watching Lucifer in anticipation of Season 5 coming out in May. Turns out we both have really bad memories so it's like brand new !

Also just got the 30 day free trial from Cbs AllAccess so we could watch Picard. I find their app extremely buggy, but I got it to work.

Donna D 03-30-20 03:55 PM

Hallmark Christmas movies!

ardnas 03-30-20 03:58 PM

Claws - such trashy fun - and a great distraction! :o

Mickey12 03-30-20 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D (Post 2866703)
Hallmark Christmas movies!

As much as I am completely, totally and unrelentingly addicted to Mad Men, my husband is completely, totally and unrelentingly addicted to Hallmark Christmas movies!

Kim

Rivercat 03-30-20 06:15 PM

Quote:

Watched it this weekend. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more bizarre, it would! I'm listening to the Wondery podcast now which has a more balanced take on the Carole Baskin story.

YetAnotherDeb 03-30-20 08:33 PM

I can't get my smilies to work . Pretty much sums up my whole day.
_
YADeb

YetAnotherDeb 03-30-20 08:34 PM

I wanted desperately to watch Babylon 5 but I can't find my DVDs.
_____
YADeb

Lori_Michigan 03-30-20 08:48 PM

Burn Notice on Amazon Prime, so good!

Ozark season 3, wow. Just wow.

Joni O 03-30-20 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii (Post 2866645)
I discovered a series on Amazon Prime called Homecoming. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but I find it intriguing. It's an intense psychological thriller.

Is that the one with Julia Roberts? Loved it. Very interesting ending.

I watched the first two seasons of The Killing on Hulu so far. The murder is solved in the last episode. Two more seasons to go. I assume a new murder.

yogapam 03-30-20 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2866773)
I watched the first two seasons of The Killing on Hulu so far. The murder is solved in the last episode. Two more seasons to go. I assume a new murder.

It’s been a while since I watched it, but I loved The Killing! IIRC correctly there was a big plot twist at the end of the last season....

BunnyHop 03-30-20 11:11 PM

I really enjoyed The Good Place.

Of newer shows, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist is good fun.

For longer watching sessions I'm a fan of hour long dramas. Was watching Poirot on dvd (again) when all this social distancing started and somehow I'm just not in the mood for murder movies. :)

Today I just listened to some music or stitched in the peace and quiet.

Maybe tomorrow I'll watch LOTR ? Not really in the mood for something dark or intense, though. Maybe The Orville will do. Star-Trek-ish with a goofy sense of humor. Or maybe Wonderfalls?

bzar 03-31-20 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2866684)
I keep hoping there will be a Masterpiece series as good as Downton Abby.

Kim

Belgravia just premiered in England and is scheduled to premier in the US in April on the cable network Epix.

i was hoping that Gilded Age would come out - also produced/written by Julian Fellowes - which takes place in in 1880s-1900 in NYC about "new money" rich people.

binge-ing on Blue Bloods.:)

Gams 03-31-20 04:57 AM

I’ve been watching old movies from my DVD collection. Lots of Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn.

Sollamyn 03-31-20 06:21 AM

I've been re-watching Doc Martin, but I'm almost done, so I need to be thinking about it. Thanks for the Mad Men reminder. Also, The Mentalist and Ozark are possibilities.

I'll probably watch The Office (again!) to offset the serious shows!:D:cool:

Donna

cecififi 03-31-20 06:37 AM

I've been watching Brooklyn 99 - police comedy. It's pretty funny. I also watched all of 'hey lady' which is a canadian show on GEM tv - you just sign up for free to watch all of the tv shows e.g. schitt's creek, kim's convenience etc.

Each episode of Hey lady is only 5 minutes long and it's about an older woman who has no filter and behaves badly so her adult children have to bail her out of situations (she might be having delusions/dementia - it's uncertain). It's soooooooooooo funny and well done.

cjh 03-31-20 06:56 AM

I hardly ever post, but I have to say, I LOVE MAD MEN. I can't wait to find a time in the day or evening to watch that show. I'm on season 4 right now and it has seven seasons. I don't want it to ever end....lol

One thing for sure, I can't believe women were treated that way!!!!!!!!!

Izzy 03-31-20 08:39 AM

Not really binge watching. I keep the tv off until 7:00 p.m. But late to the Royal party, I am watching The Crown.

Mary

MARIKA 03-31-20 08:42 AM

Tiger King is beyond Netflix crazy:p Loving the third season of Ozark. This is my fave show.

furmomof6 03-31-20 08:55 AM

I've been binge watching Reba and Perfect Strangers on Hulu. :D Those are two of my favorite comedies, along with Last Man Standing. I'm not really into the newer stuff. I haven't even heard of half the shows mentioned here, lol.

summer breeze 03-31-20 09:14 AM

Now you all have me wanting to watch Mad Men. I never watched it before and I really need a new - to me - show to watch. I've watched The Office and Weeds so many times over. Still love them but it's always good to switch it up especially at this time. I'm interested in Ozark now too.

ChelePA 03-31-20 09:23 AM

Quote:

That show was strangely addicting. You couldn’t make that stuff up.

jenn38 03-31-20 09:33 AM

Grace and Frankie