Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are FitPrimes easier than the Classics/Parts? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222658)

Scorpio6 03-15-18 02:04 PM

Are FitPrimes easier than the Classics/Parts?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the answer to this. It's my understanding the FitPrimes are what Anna Benson produced after The Firm had to be sold to GoodTimes (now Gaiam) due to legal difficulties.

Also, if anyone has an analysis/breakdown of the Primes, or a link to a thread, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

bubbles76 03-15-18 02:06 PM

The Originals or the remakes?

Scorpio6 03-15-18 02:24 PM

Hi Bubbles,
I'm referring to the original Classics, and the FirmParts that were excerpted from those workouts in compilations. To my way of thinking anything that came after the Classics and FirmParts were the GoodTimes/Gaiam stuff, before the pink Firms began.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by "remakes", so if you could please clarify, that would be wonderful. Thanks!

ebianco 03-15-18 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio6 (Post 2764510)
Hi Bubbles,
I'm referring to the original Classics, and the FirmParts that were excerpted from those workouts in compilations. To my way of thinking anything that came after the Classics and FirmParts were the GoodTimes/Gaiam stuff, before the pink Firms began.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by "remakes", so if you could please clarify, that would be wonderful. Thanks!

There may be some confusion. After Anna Benson left the Firm, she created the original Fitprime workouts, filmed in a very basic/low budget set (but the workouts are great!!) with just one instructor. These include From the Ground Up, Strong Bear, Crunch Time, etc. As an example Crunch Time from this series is led by Susan Harris.

A couple of years later, she remade the Fitprime workouts as "Womens Health and Fitness Network" (WHFN) Fitprime and Kickbutt workouts. They are filmed in a much nicer/fancier set and have background exercisers. These are also great workouts but they are a little easier than the originals. These include Push Pull, Strong Bear, Crunch Time, and others like Flex Posture and Lean. As an example Crunch Time from this series is led by Tamela Hastie with background exercisers. They are 90% the same workout with minor exercise differences.

I would say both Fitprime and WHFN Fitprime/Kickbutt workouts are generally easier than classic Firms.

Or, are you talking about the original Firm compilations? (I.e., Standing Legs, Upper Body, 5 Day Abs, etc.)? Those are compilations so they are on par intensity with the originals.

Or, are you taking about Prime Firms? Aren't those the jungle series? Those are easier than the classic Firms.

rvagal 03-15-18 04:57 PM

It's definitely confusing!

I think the original FitPrime are pretty hard (Weights First, Strong Bear with Tracie Long, etc.), certainly no easier than classic Firms.

Out of the WHFN workouts, Kickbutt are on par with original Firms in my opinion. These include Strong Bear with Keli Roberts, Push Pull, etc.

The WHFN FitPrime include Metaboost, Pump, and Lean. They are geared toward over 35 exercisers, and they use some modifications -- e.g. a weight in one hand and balance stick in the other, instead of weights in both hands, or the use of a yoga block to modify. These are low intermediate to intermediate IMO. But they are definitely a step up from the original Firm Basics and Prime Powers. Those are beginner to low intermediate IMO.

Sharaz 03-15-18 06:56 PM

I’m so confuse about the Firms:eek:

I’m looking for a tread that list all the series, focus, and intensity ranking :)

horusosiris 03-15-18 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharaz (Post 2764549)
I’m so confuse about the Firms:eek:

I’m looking for a tread that list all the series, focus, and intensity ranking :)

Sharaz- Take a look at The Ultimate Firm Compendium
http://plcm.abitofperil.net/FBUltimateCompendium.doc

Scorpio6 03-15-18 07:38 PM

rvagal:
so when you say something is harder than the Firm Basics, do you mean the Firm Classics?

rvagal 03-15-18 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio6 (Post 2764554)
rvagal:
so when you say something is harder than the Firm Basics, do you mean the Firm Classics?

No, I mean the three Firm Basics that are very easy, plus the 12 minute time crunches. http://www.fitnessfavorites.com/category-s/119.htm
I would rate those a 2 out of 5 for intensity.

Next up is the WHFN FitPrime, which I would rate 3 out of 5.

Then would be the rest of the Firms and KickButt, which I would say are 4 out of 5.

But rating intensity is subjective so I'm sure others would rate them differently. In my mind 1 out of 5 would be a super beginner or senior workout, and 5 out of 5 would be harder than anything I would attempt. Probably in there would be some 4.5s like "Death by Jen", lol.

Carol K 03-15-18 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebianco (Post 2764511)
Or, are you taking about Prime Firms? Aren't those the jungle series? Those are easier than the classic Firms.

Those are the Prime Powers. I just got them for the first time a few years ago and I like them. I think they were designed for older people (I'm 60), although I can still do the FIRM Classics.