Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Have you ever gotten emotional while working out to videos? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232460)

acey 03-01-22 10:37 PM

Have you ever gotten emotional while working out to videos?

I was thinking of Patricia Moreno, who I loved in Powerstrike. I also thought of how, over my 22-year exercise video experience, sometimes (and even more now, since I'm perimenopausal and middle-aged) some moments in workout videos really touched my soul.

Jessica Smith 10-Minute Solution Knockout Body: In one of the 10-minute segments, the music somehow just evokes my cat Natty, who died in 2012. It was his theme song.

Kimberly Spreen, Cardio Camp: At one point she talks about treating your body like the precious thing it is. Something in the way she says that is so profound and always makes me tear up.

Kari Anderson, Cardio Express 2: During the segment with the song "It's a Beautiful Life," she says, "Enjoy it (life)...it won't last forever." In the last song, she says of the shimmy, "That was my dad's favorite." Again, tears!

More recently, Jessica Smith on YouTube crying as she works out, about Peanut.

Just wondering if any of you have workout video moments that really felt poignant to you above and beyond.

Vantreesta 03-02-22 12:33 AM

I have cried during the weekend metta practice of Blissology.

fanofladyvols 03-02-22 08:30 AM

I have cried listening to Sean O'Malley and have gotten a little choked up working out to Mari Winsor seeing her so vibrant.

I have also gotten inexplicably hyped and raging silly doing my old videos because I love them so much and the anticipation of the next move and comment makes me happy.

So both ends of the spectrum for sure.

Great thread!

Pat58 03-02-22 09:29 AM

Tilak Pyle - Alter of the Heart - emotional release and cried

Ravi and Ana - Green Energy of the Heart - emotional release and cried

My old Fondas - happiness, love doing those old workouts again after a very long hiatus. Memories of younger days.

Margaret Richard - Home Improvement :D (shock - fear - anger - sobs)

SpiritYogi 03-02-22 11:45 AM

I have cried during a few yoga and meditation practices.

Rivercat 03-02-22 11:47 AM

I recall lying on my mat and sobbing after one of Sara Ivanhoe's practices, probably from Yoga on the Edge.

ChelePA 03-02-22 12:31 PM

Never cried before starting Peloton. So many emotional classes. Plus I am recovering from a near fatal car accident so I cry easily these days.

Pat58 03-02-22 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelePA (Post 2957952)
Never cried before starting Peloton. So many emotional classes. Plus I am recovering from a near fatal car accident so I cry easily these days.

Oh no. :( I'm sorry to hear it, sending hugs.

MARIKA 03-02-22 03:59 PM

Super Callanetics does it to me. I see my daughters running in and out of the back door at a young age.

Paine 03-02-22 04:39 PM

Yep. I cried like a baby working out to one of Miranda's Classical Stretch workouts where "Meditation from Thais" for violin by Jules Massenet was played. It brought back memories of my oldest son who perfected that piece on violin, performed it beautifully in a recital and he also played it privately for my mother-in-law when she was in bed dying of cancer. My mother-in-law had been in terrible pain and later she told me she felt no pain when he played that piece for her. He was 9 years old. Makes me cry every time I hear that song.