Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   September 20 - 20 Different Instructors and/or Virgins, Ancient Dustbunnies (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231679)

AsSweetAsSugar 09-21-21 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2941601)
Thank you! I enjoy it and love when a mental picture actually works out like I see it! :)

You're welcome! // That is awesome, isn't it?! :sun:

bubbles76 09-21-21 06:35 PM

Day 15 - Firm Hi Def Sculpt with Annie. This is a dust bunny from many years ago. I think I did it once, and it didn't appeal to me. Now, I really like it! It's a keeper. So funny. Years ago, I loved Total Body Toner. Guess our tastes change over the years.

Day 16 - Rob Glick More Amazing Cardio Combos. This was a dust bunny that I was test driving before it goes on the trade list. I made the right decision. Although it's a fine workout, it just isn't for me. I've got so many of Rob's that I love that I am not going to hold onto a maybe.

Vantreesta 09-21-21 07:37 PM

Bubbles, I love Hi-Def Sculpt! I think it's my favorite of that set.

AsSweetAsSugar 09-21-21 08:48 PM

Today's workout Kathy Smith's Timesaver Cardio Fat Burner (virgin): 14.) Workout 1+ 15.) Workout 2 & Cool down stretch. Fun workout! I was so tired that I almost skipped it, but once I started, I kept going. Workout 1 is an add on format, you learn some "steps" and put them together, and keep adding them on until the end, workout 2 is a different format, you learn some steps and repeat them several times, then you learn some new steps and repeat them several times, and so on, you never put them all together. The stretch was very good for a 7 minute stretch.

Waves to all!

Vantreesta 09-22-21 09:32 AM

Day 3 Kathy Smith Matrix Method Power Walk for Weight Loss Walking part 2 --I'm almost positive I did this full workout when I got it ages ago. Kathy was obviously in a great mood on this one! :p It was kinda goofy but I enjoyed it for smthg different.

I think I may post in the GD a list of the Halloween workouts I'm planning to do next month in case anyone else is interested in them too. I suppose that will take some time since I should probably post the links as they are all on YouTube.

Happy first day of fall! Best season of all, in my opinion. The leaves are changing here, more up north than here at home but I do still see some color. This morning it is 46 with a predicted high of 67. Vannie and Cyric are happy campers! :)

Yesterday I finished the front door spider web and spiders and posted a pic on TF. I also hung up witch hats that will be lit up and ghosts on the front porch. Last year the ghosts were in a tree, which looked cool, but I spent the whole month untangling them and trying to keep the from sticking to the tree. I decided to try the porch this year. Basically all of October is windy here. I'm hoping today will be calm so I can spray paint my Halloween tree. I'm also looking up how to make a crystal ball and witch broom. :D I suppose I better get some stuff crossed off my to do list today before I indulge in more decorating though!

T2B 09-22-21 04:06 PM

20. X10 Low Impact
21. BOSS LOOPS; Glutes & Core Timesaver # 2 (no Glutes floorwork or core)
22. rest day…

Yes - first day of Fall! Love this time of year! It was 54 degrees this morning. Very nice today! Brisk breeze for a change. !

Vannie - Love the new picture! Great job!

Hi to all!

Vantreesta 09-22-21 04:50 PM

Thanks, T2B!

bubbles76 09-23-21 11:35 AM

I think I have both those Kathys! I know the Matrix Walk is a virgin, but can't be sure about Cardio Fat Burner. It's definitely a dust bunny if I don't remember doing it :)

Day 17 (yesterday) - The Firm Hard Core Fusion. Uh, this felt all over the place lol! Not a keeper for me. I didn't start enjoying myself until about 40 minutes in.

AsSweetAsSugar 09-23-21 02:08 PM

Vantreesta, I like the Matrix Walk a lot, even the screen with the scenery, hats and all lol, the bonus stretch is pretty good too.

Bubbles, you should give them a try sooner rather than later :) I thought TCFB was a fun workout.

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. Just tired, I thought to workout in the evening, it didn't happen.

Today's workout KS' Lift Weights To Lose Weights (virgin): 16.) Upper Body + 17.) Lower Body + 18.) Abs & Si6: Slim & Limber. LWTLW was more challenging than I thought it was going to be after previewing, I used my foldable bench, for upper body I did track 1 lighter weights and reached failure a few times. For LB, I did track 2 (weights plus ankle weights), Abs was a crunch galore, the good thing with Kathy is that she always work the back as well. Great stuff! My only complaint is that during the leg lifts she did more reps on the second leg, I did less to make it even.

Waves to all!

T2B 09-23-21 05:06 PM

23. XTRAIN: Super Cuts Timesaver First Part, 28 mins & ELLEN BARRET 7 Day Workout Challenge - Day 4: 15-minute Quick Cardio (virgin). Quick Cardio is just ok. Probably won’t do that one again, not exciting and I have to say Ellen in those white workout clothes gives me anxiety if I focus on her too much. Probably because I’m a sweat all over type of person and white shows everything! :)

Waves!

This check in is not supposed to be adding to my buy list! Stop it! :sun:

bubbles76 09-24-21 11:27 AM

Rushing in quickly during my lunch break to check in:

Day 18 - Gym Box Discount Workouts Beginning Kickboxing Workout Volume 2 Workout 1 with Jody - this was a fun little workout! Virgin workout, virgin (dust bunny?) instructor.

Vantreesta 09-24-21 04:08 PM

Another don't wanna day but I made myself get downstairs and did a Jessica Smith Cardio Core walk and then came upstairs to do a Happy Yoga episode off the DVR. Both were virgin workouts for me. Glad I pushed myself to do smthg! I'm starving though bc I never ate lunch. Fixing to make cookies, which is not smart when you're hungry!!

T2B 09-24-21 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2941910)
Another don't wanna day but I made myself get downstairs and did a Jessica Smith Cardio Core walk and then came upstairs to do a Happy Yoga episode off the DVR. Both were virgin workouts for me. Glad I pushed myself to do smthg! I'm starving though bc I never ate lunch. Fixing to make cookies, which is not smart when you're hungry!!

High Five for working out when you don’t wanna! :D Now, eat first, then bake. Lol

Vantreesta 09-24-21 06:42 PM

Thanks, T2B! Well, I never did eat lunch so ate a few cookies but now I'm eating supper. :)

AsSweetAsSugar 09-24-21 09:44 PM

LOL you guys are so funny!

Well, I didn't want to workout either, but I still managed to get it done (at 9 p.m.).

Today's workout, 19.) Kari Anderson's Go Step (virgin). Easy choreography, yet fun and I got a nice little sweat going, I liked it.

ETA: My hamstrings are a little sore today, and my biceps are very sore.

Vantreesta 09-24-21 10:44 PM

Nice job, ASAS!

Catahoula Cate 09-24-21 10:46 PM

Today I did Day 8 dust bunny Ellen Barrett's Skinny Sculpt, 2 matwork sections. I was able to do these better than I remembered and I enjoyed it. Definitely a keeper for me. I have one more dust bunny Ellen Barrett to try, Grace and Gusto. I remember I wasn't too crazy about that one so we'll see if a dust bunny redo can change my mind about it. T2B I would not be too crazy about Ellen or any instructor in white either. I'm always amazed how anyone can wear white and keep it clean. Not in my world! :D Thankfully the two Ellen's I've done recently, she is mostly in black with a pop of color.

ASAS I workout with dvd's mostly or short youtube clips. We have satellite internet and streaming doesn't always work well...sometimes the service has interruptions which can be frustrating. Did you get a chance to try Skinny Sculpt?

Vannie your front door looks fantastic! I'm sure all the kiddos love coming to your place for trick or treat!

Waves to Bubbles! I'm sure going to try to do a better job checking in and getting my goal of 10 dust bunnies. 10 shouldn't be that hard to get in one month but with company earlier and just a busy time of year. Grace and Gusto should be #9 and then to pick #10. hmmmm.

Catahoula Cate 09-24-21 10:48 PM

ASAS The Kari Anderson Go Step sounds good! I like step, but especially with easy choreography.:)

Vantreesta 09-25-21 12:04 AM

Thanks, Katie! I think some kids like my decorations but I seem to have a few every year who get scared with all the skeletons. Well, I suppose some may have been scared of my dogs looking out the window at them! :D Last year I sat in the driveway to hand out candy instead of at the front door due to covid. This year I will probably be back at the front door so I think this will be the first time for Cyric without Chianna. I suspect I will have to put him in his crate. But he is getting a new bone for that night either way!

Tonight I have been making more spiders. I doubled the size and am planning to wear them hanging from my belt for the Ren Fest. I was just going to wear one but hubby suggested this! :)

AsSweetAsSugar 09-25-21 05:09 PM

Today's workout Rebound Fitness' Hiit Rebound Compilation 1: 20.) Power Bounce (virgin) + 23 minute total body stretch (my own). For PB you grab 1-3 pounds dumbbells after the warm up and you don't put them down until the cool down stretch, toning exercises include bicep curls, shoulders press, chest press, side crunches, punches and others, all while still bouncing, so you get your cardio and tone all at the same time. I only used 1 pound soft walking weights, since my biceps were still very sore from LWTLW, but next time I think I will try it with 3s to get a little upper body burn. I liked it, it was a nice workout that got me sweating for sure.

Thank you Vannie, nice job back to you! What kind of cookies did you make?

Cate, well done with those workouts! The only Ellen's workouts I have tried are the one she did for Crunch, I loved those, so I don't know why I never bought more of hers. I also love easy step choreography, if it is too much complex, I feel totally lost. Do you have any favourite?

Bubbles, those Gymboss workouts sound great.

T2B, I heard you with that wish list, I am trying to not buy anything else until next year, I have bought quite a lot of workouts this year. I think last year I only bought one DVD and a fitness book, but then I wasn't coming to VF that much at all... Is that a coincidence?!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

bubbles76 09-25-21 09:42 PM

Hi everyone! Another quick drive by, as I'm going to be working all weekend :(

Cate - I think I have Jill Miller's Shoulder Shape Up, Core, and Lower Body workouts. I also have her Athletic Stretches. All virgins :o. I need to get to them. You've also inspired me to pull out some Ellens. So many workouts, so little time!

Day 19 (yesterday) - Discount Workouts By Gym Boss Advanced Strength Volume 2 Workout 1 with Ashlynn - Virgin workout, virgin instructor. One hour workout. Spent between 3-5 minutes per body part, per exercise. Higher rep, plenty of pulses, low ends, and count changes. Hit everything. My knees were feeling cranky so I didn't do the pulses and low ends for lunges. I kept doing two up, two down. Also, I got bored doing all the ab work, so I ducked out of the workout 7 minutes early. I'm pleasantly sore in all the right places. Keeper!

Catahoula Cate 09-26-21 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2942024)
So many workouts, so little time!

Bubbles, So very true!!!!

ASAS I remember the EB Crunch series and looking at some clips. I should revisit some of those. Do you have a fav? Both Skinny Sculpt and Slim Sculpt are from her Studio series and then Grace and Gusto are from her EB Live series. I think I quit getting more of hers at that point because they were getting a little repetitive but I'm glad I've got two of her Studio series. The jury is still out on Grace and Gusto. My only step is Cathe's Basic Step which I really like but is in dust bunny category which I hope to do soon. Would not be a bad idea to have another step though so I'll check into the Kari Richards one.

Waves all!

AsSweetAsSugar 09-26-21 01:54 PM

Cate, I remember loving Crunch Fat Burning Pilates and Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates. I'll check if I can find a cheap used copy of the ones you mentioned.

I recently got Cathe's Basic Step, it is on my virgins pile, I can't wait to try it out! Other DVDs I have tried and I love with basic step choreography are:

1- Kathy Kaehler Basics Workout Class
2- Gilad Step Aerobics
3- Kathy Smith Step Workout (it is also on YouTube but with French audio)
4- Jenny Ford Step by Step 1 (also available on YouTube)
5- Kendall Hogan Crunch Fat Blaster The Next Step (I think I saw it on YouTube as well).

I just thought I'd post them in case you would like to check them out.

T2B 09-26-21 02:31 PM

24. P30: Perfect Flow: Strength & Flexibility Timesaver, 20 mins. Last day of my 4 week rotation.
25. rest day…
26. LITE: Cardio Party - Timesaver #3 (hi/lo only) + Yoga: Gentle Vinyasa Flow (virgin). Lots of content on the yoga dvd. There’s three A workouts & three B workouts and a Pose Guide segment with detailed instruction on 23 poses.. I did the first A workout which is 38 minutes. Starts with standing yoga exercises for about 18 minutes. I really liked the standing part and how it flowed but some parts were too challenging because I’m not very flexible. I could keep up until all of a sudden a blanket appeared and the instructor went into a shoulder stand, (didn’t even think about trying that). After the shoulder stand, I was able to finish the workout. Seemed like a lot for the supposed easiest workout on the dvd. Great instruction though. I think, instead of looking for flowy stretching maybe I’m looking for gentle vinyasa yoga?

ASAS - I agree the Gym Box/Gym Boss workouts sound really good. My next big buy may be at Mary’s Black Friday Sale but I really should just stop buying, except for Cathe. I have way too many workouts. But I call it my library. A library is never obsolete, right?

Sounds kind of weird to be bouncing and using weights at the same time! :)

bubbles - sorry that you have to work this weekend.

Cate - I’m going to try to do better next month with doing some of my unused/dust bunny workouts. My next rotation is a lot more flexible than the one I just finished.

Vannie - good suggestion from your hubby! I thought RenFests were only around for a few weeks? Surprised it’s still happening. I’ve only gone to 1 so what do I know. :)

AsSweetAsSugar 09-26-21 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2B (Post 2942081)
I have way too many workouts. But I call it my library. A library is never obsolete, right?

Sounds kind of weird to be bouncing and using weights at the same time! :)

You're right :) // Congrats on finishing your rotation!! // I have an Urban Rebounding Compilation DVD with a similar workout, but instead of dumbbells, they use 1-3 sandweigths. The one I did also only use lightweights, the instructor used only 1 kg. I don't find it weird since I like it for change :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2B (Post 2942081)
bubbles - sorry that you have to work this weekend.

DITTO. :(

-----------------------------

ETA:

Today's workout Rebound Fitness' Fit Bounce Pro Mini Trampoline Workouts: 21.) Beginners Rebound Progression (virgin) + Rejuvenation: Stretch & Flex. Nice workout, I did the more challenging version of each exercise and I got a great workout, my legs were burning during the first circuit, I also liked the one leg balance exercise, at the end we worked the core, exercises included: crunches, crunches with legs extended and bridges, this was repeated three times, then back work with bird dog exercise, first arms only, then legs, and then arms and legs, all this was done on the rebounder, it ended with a two minute standing stretch which was on the floor, and water breaks included!

T2B 09-27-21 01:21 PM

Howdy!!!:sun: Mondays still suck, just saying! :)

27. CIA2303: Step It Strong w/Keli Roberts, 52 mins (virgin). Interval stepping with weights. Fun, steady state step cardio. 4 step intervals followed by weight segments and then a 5th step interval which are all the step combos put together. The step segments are not too long, basic choreography. Uses one set of heavy weights & 1 set of light weights. I enjoyed it a lot.

1st step interval
push-ups
dips
kickbacks

2nd step interval
alternating lunges on step with knee ups, then with shoulder presses
Deadlifts and deadlift/rows

3rd step interval - step is more lower body focused with squats off the ends of the step
side to side lunges with heavy weight.
side to side lunges with curl press
Lunge off step with bicep curls

4th step interval - again more lower body focused with hamstrings off the side of the step, over & overs with pulsing squats at the ends of the step, revolving doors.
lateral raises
Lateral raises with a one legged squat move.

5th step interval - all the combos put together and then a step cool down.

Slow & Strong Full Body, 25 mins. I skipped this part but I wanted to know what it entailed and if it would be useful for the LGI8 rotation. Verdict: As part of the complete workout, yes, but as a separate, stand alone weight segment, not enough. :)

Singe arm rows and biceps curls and a front shoulder press move
Dumbbell flyes, then single arm dumbbell flyes with leg lifts
Pullovers, abs (reverse curls, ab curls, bicycles, long lever ins/outs)
Supermans
Lower back, glute, hamstring combo move on step
Swimmers on step
Stretch

AsSweetAsSugar 09-27-21 03:17 PM

Hi everyone!!!

Today's workouts: Rebound Fitness' Hiit Rebound Compilation 1: Power Bounce (27 min.) + Fit Bounce Pro Mini Trampoline Workouts: 22.) Balance Core & Strength (virgin). I used 3s for PB today, and it was definitely more challenging. BCS was good, there were quite a bit sun salutations that flowed into deep squats (goblet squats) and one leg balance with torso twist, others exercises included windmills, chest and hamstring stretch in windmill position, one leg deadlift, tree pose (balance challenge), downdog with leg lift, core work in plank position (hands on the rebounder, feet on the floor) towards the end, and then back to the rebounder for a four minute stretch. Nice workout, the rebound add a bit of instability so it makes everything a bit more challenging, I liked the instructor as well. This workout is 44 minutes long.

T2B, that workout you did today sounds great! Too bad it is not easy to find without paying a pretty penny. :eek:

bubbles76 09-27-21 07:52 PM

Cate it's been awhile since I've done my Ellens, but I liked Yogini the best :) I will need to revisit them to see if that's still the case. I haven't tried her Crunch workouts though.

Sugar and T2B thanks for the empathy :). It was a crummy weekend working. I refused to work more than an hour overtime tonight, but I probably should have. I've be going to bed early tonight so I can get a lot of work done tomorrow.

Tonight's workout (yes, I'm on time to report!):

Day 20 - Jillian Michael's Body Revolution Workout 1. Virgin workout, but not virgin instructor. I will (hopefully!) be doing a modified rotation. I will be subbing in different cardio, but doing the circuit workouts as laid out. We'll see how it goes. I won't report when the weeks repeat, but since I will be subbing in different cardio I'll report that.

Catahoula Cate 09-27-21 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2B (Post 2942185)
Howdy!!!:sun: Mondays still suck, just saying! :)

T2B My Monday wasn't too bad but this still made me laugh! :)
Your Keli Roberts interval looked like a jam packed workout. Nice job!

My Day 9 Dust bunny was Ellen Barrett's Grace and Gusto. I did like it better than I remembered. Not a fan of the matwork but the standing portion was good. I think I will keep it! :)

ASAS Thanks for the share on the Steps....I'm thinking of another Gilad anyway so maybe I'll check his out.
But this one you mentioned with French audio could be a fun way to do a new Step and learn a new language at the same time. :D I know a little French but not that much. :) "3- Kathy Smith Step Workout (it is also on YouTube but with French audio)"

Bubbles It's been a while since I've done my Ellen's too. I'm glad I pulled them out of the dust bunny archives. They felt pretty good.

Waves Vannie!

AsSweetAsSugar 09-28-21 11:52 AM

Cate, that sound like a good plan to me! :sun:

Vantreesta 09-28-21 11:54 AM

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...73#post2942273

I just posted my Halloween workout list in the GD but the links didn't work right copying/pasting from a Word document. :(

T2B 09-28-21 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2942277)
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...73#post2942273

I just posted my Halloween workout list in the GD but the links didn't work right copying/pasting from a Word document. :(

Thanks for sharing! :) I made cookies last weekend and thought of you!

28. rest day…. I’m starting my LGI8 rotation tomorrow!

ASAS & Cate - do you have Cathe’s Beginner Low Impact Step workout? I think this one is great for introducing you to all of Cathe’s step moves. I plan to do it sometime this week to refresh my memory. Cathe spends more time breaking down the moves.

Bubbles - hope you had an easy day; no OT. :)

AsSweetAsSugar 09-28-21 06:01 PM

T2B, I don't have Low Impact Step, but it is on my wish list :) I have Basic Step, on Cathe's website she recommends to start with BS and then follow it up with LIS. Both look fun on preview. I can't wait to see what workouts you will plug in during your LGI8 rotation, I will be taking notes!

Bubbles, have fun with your BR rotation! I still don't know what I will do next month.

Vantreesta, that workout list is huge, you have a lot to play with for the whole month!

Catahoula Cate 09-29-21 09:57 PM

T2B I don't have Low Impact Step but have Basic Step. I have not done it in a while(on dust bunny list) but I do remember liking it. What is a LG18 rotation?

This evening I did my Day 10 dust bunny. Sadie Lincoln, Studio Shape Barre3. I did the Arms and Core segment. This is a dust bunny that needs to stay active! I really enjoyed it. Also was a gift from a wonderful friend so all the more special. So I did meet my goal of 10 dust bunnies which was really good for me. A busy month(next month will be pretty busy too) but I really needed to get back into dvd's and this check in was a great motivator and great company! :sun:

T2B 09-30-21 12:49 PM

Cate - Great job on getting your 10 dust bunnies!

LGI8 = Look Great in 8. ASAS started a thread about it a month ago. 8 weeks, repeating weeks 1 -4, with a different focus each week.

T2B 09-30-21 03:28 PM

29. ZUMBA COUNTRY: Crazy Country + Burn It Up. These are really good workouts with really good music. It’s been awhile since i did these workouts but still not in the dust bunny category.

30. INTENSITY SERIES: Cardio & Weights (dust bunny). It’s been a very long time since I did this one. The circuits consist of a step segment, followed by a lower body combo exercise and then an UB exercise focusing on 1 UB body part. I used to hate the Buttercup song but after years of hearing it while shopping in Kohls and recently in that Geico commercial, the song has faded into the background. :) Love the Elvis song though.