Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tear off the shrinkwrap! New workout check in! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226773)

Vantreesta 09-12-19 05:26 PM

Tear off the shrinkwrap! New workout check in!

Since several people liked the idea of a check in for untried "virgin" workouts I thought I'd start one! Share what new-to-you workout you've done lately. Whether it's stayed in shrinkwrap on your shelf for years, you just purchased an oldie or it's truly a brand new workout, tell us about it!

Vantreesta 09-12-19 05:29 PM

This morning I broke the shrinkwrap on a 2011 Denise Austin DVD, Sculpt & Burn Body Blitz, and did the warmup, Cardio Sculpt and cooldown sections. I don't know what year I bought this but it has been on my shelf a long time! It was typical Denise, maybe a little more subdued than some of her others. I felt she was a little too concerned with getting the cardio part in and did some exercises too quickly but overall I enjoyed it.

Crescent Moon 09-12-19 10:47 PM

Thank you for starting this check-in Vantreesta.

I've been adding the first quadrant of Zumba Strong to my workouts this week. It's one of my newer virgins, but I've got to start somewhere. :D

Noel

Vantreesta 09-12-19 11:14 PM

Noel, is Zumba Strong easy to split up like the dance workouts?

I hope this check in will encourage me to dive into more newbies!

IceQueen07 09-13-19 03:28 AM

Tried Linda Wooldridge Interval Barre Fusion - Barre Interval 40. Unfortunately didn't finish it, not really sure this is for me, but will give the other ones on the dvd a go and see how I like. I like barre workout, just wasn't feeling this one.

summer breeze 09-13-19 07:22 AM

I had read so much through the years about the WW 4 Week Targeted Toning dvd with Suzanne Bowen. I found one on ebay and purchased it recently. I broke the shrinkwrap on it the other day and tried it out. Unfortunately I didn't get too far with it. It didn't seem very challenging or very interesting in the one segment I tried. Oh well. I may re-visit it again soon and try some more segments but not so anxious to do so right now.

Crescent Moon 09-13-19 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2837936)
Noel, is Zumba Strong easy to split up like the dance workouts?

I hope this check in will encourage me to dive into more newbies!

I don't have any Zumba dance workouts, but Strong is broken down in to four segments so it's very easy to split. The segments get progressively difficult, but there is a modifier.

This check in will definitely help me be accountable. About eight more hours in a day would be helpful too. :)

Vantreesta 09-13-19 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crescent Moon (Post 2837959)
I don't have any Zumba dance workouts, but Strong is broken down in to four segments so it's very easy to split. The segments get progressively difficult, but there is a modifier.

This check in will definitely help me be accountable. About eight more hours in a day would be helpful too. :)

Thanks for the info! It's another I have still in shrinkwrap. But at least I only bought it this year! :D

Yes, wanting more hours in a day is a common topic in my family!

CharM 09-13-19 12:21 PM

Are they real virgins if they just came in the mail? I have other ones that had been sitting around for a while, but I wanted to get to these first.
I got a few Pink Firms in the mail the other day (Mary's sale) so yesterday I did Total Body Time Crunch. Not bad, I wish I had more time to switch weights in some sections, but I guess that's why there's a pause button. Or I could skip a rep or two, I haven't decided what would bother me less.

Today, 500 Calorie Workout. I rarely do hour long workouts, but I read good reviews about this one and couldn't wait to try it. Kelsie was a little loud in the warm-up, but then she calmed down (or they adjusted the volume). She's excellent at cuing and the moves are fun. I can easily break this up by doing just the chapters I want next time to make it a 45 minute workout. I like how the weights suddenly disappear when you don't need them. I wish it worked like that in my workout room.

Crescent Moon 09-14-19 02:12 PM

Today I did Aimee Nicotera's 2 x 2 Conditioning Vol. 2. This was harder than I anticipated. Even though I chose mostly the mid intensity options, a couple of times I dropped back to the base move.

After I recovered from 2 x 2 Conditioning I did 2 segments of 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift: Cardio Booty Camp and HIIT Butt Lift. Good little workouts!