Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pain after Chiropractor (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231278)

TracyQ 06-24-21 09:04 AM

Pain after Chiropractor

Prior to the pandemic I visited a chiropractor a few times a year to have an adjustment for mild back discomfort. I always responded really well and felt great after.

Now that everything is opening up again I decided it was time to have an adjustment. My old chiropractor was located near my job and I no longer work there so I decided to try a new one. My appointment was Monday. He adjusted my cervical spine, upper back and lower back. I felt great after the appointment. But when I woke up the next day my ribs felt very sore. After a Cathe warm up I got on the floor to do an ab workout and felt awful pain on my left rib cage. I tried doing the ab work but it was too painful.

That same morning I had planned to go stand up paddle boarding. It was a beautiful day and I didn’t want to miss it. Once I started paddling I realized that I was not going to be able to continue because my ribs wore so sore.

So it’s three days since my adjustment and my ribs are still killing me. I can’t workout or do much of anything (tried sweeping my floor and it was a no go). I googled it and it is likely bruised ribs. The pain can last for 2-4 weeks.

I’m so upset this happened. The same day I had the adjustment was the first day of my summer vacation. This is my first summer off in 40 years. I am planning to spend the summer stand up paddling and biking.

I called the chiropractor to cancel the appointment I scheduled for next week and told the receptionist what happened. She said it is common :eek: and that she was going to have the chiropractor contact me.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Pat58 06-24-21 09:27 AM

Yes, that happened to me. Once from the chiro herself, and another time it was the massage therapist at a good chiro I was going to.

I hope you feel better soon. Chiros like that give them a bad name.

As a side note - I never let them adjust my neck.

fanofladyvols 06-24-21 09:40 AM

Yikes, Tracy! The receptionist saying it's common is a horrible thing to hear.

I'm so sorry. Sending you hugs for healing :heart:

Vintage VFer 06-24-21 10:05 AM

Tracey, I'm sorry you are hurting. I hope the chiro calls you soon.

If the pain continues to be bad or worsens, you may need to see a doctor. Sore ribs are no joke!

TracyQ 06-24-21 03:12 PM

Still no call from the chiropractor.

Pat—I’m Finished having neck adjustments. Thankfully this time my neck turned out ok…and having bruised ribs is no picnic but when neck adjustments go wrong it can be a matter of life and death. It’s just too risky.

Thanks Linda and Alta for your replies.

katmom 06-24-21 04:49 PM

When I started spinal decompression at the chiropractor’s office, I was sore, but only 24 hours or less.

Venus 06-24-21 11:41 PM

I'm sorry your summer vacation started this way. I hope you feel better and can resume your summer plans soon.