Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic Anyone wordle? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232297)

unfetteredpast 01-18-22 02:34 PM

Anyone wordle?

Has anyone else gotten hooked on wordle? I love that there is only one a day, so you can't find yourself doing this for too long. I really look forward to the new one each morning. Sorry if I enable anyone :)

Erica H. 01-18-22 02:52 PM

I held out for a long time but just started three days ago and am hooked. Love it.

BTW, if you google wordle unlimited or something like that you can play as many times as you want.:p

Erica

alisoncooks 01-18-22 02:58 PM

I’d never heard of it before this week. I’ve played each day (and a few times on the unlimited site) over the past few days. I like it but get frustrated when I get stumped, lol. I’m the only good speller and “word person” in my house — no one else here is remotely interested. :D

unfetteredpast 01-18-22 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erica H. (Post 2953630)
I held out for a long time but just started three days ago and am hooked. Love it.

BTW, if you google wordle unlimited or something like that you can play as many times as you want.:p

Erica

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that! Like a good multi-vitamin or a set of pushups, wordle is good once a day!

Vantreesta 01-18-22 03:10 PM

What is it?

unfetteredpast 01-18-22 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2953636)
What is it?

It's a website-based word game (although there are apparently spin-offs of which I am unaware). You try to guess a 5-letter word in 6 tries. For each of your guesses, you can see if any of the letters in your guess word are in the answer word. Incorrect letters show up in grey, correct letters show up in yellow and correct letters in the correct location show up in green. Letters that are incorrect will be greyed out in the QWERTY keyboard displayed below the grid. The publisher claims that he will not use obscure words. If you like word games, you need to try it :)

Vantreesta 01-18-22 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unfetteredpast (Post 2953637)
It's a website-based word game (although there are apparently spin-offs of which I am unaware). You try to guess a 5-letter word in 6 tries. For each of your guesses, you can see if any of the letters in your guess word are in the answer word. Incorrect letters show up in grey, correct letters show up in yellow and correct letters in the correct location show up in green. Letters that are incorrect will be greyed out in the QWERTY keyboard displayed below the grid. The publisher claims that he will not use obscure words. If you like word games, you need to try it :)

Ooh, I might have to! Thanks!

Floren 01-18-22 04:52 PM

Yes, it's addicting! I used to play this game with my brother when I was little. One of us would pick the work for the other one to guess.

ardnas 01-18-22 05:26 PM

My MIL got DH & I started Friday.
It reminds me of Mastermind - we have the original and like to play.

MathTeacher 01-18-22 06:49 PM

It sounds like the game show Lingo. Chuck Woolery was the host.