Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What kind of exercise records do you keep? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232069)

Jane P. 12-01-21 01:43 PM

What kind of exercise records do you keep?

With the new year coming I'm thinking about how to record my workouts. I've just been writing them down in a notebook with no details added. I've also been posting them here once in a while. I'd love to know what others are doing. How much detail do you record? TIA

lreidgreen 12-01-21 02:40 PM

I get a weekly planner every year that has a week spread over 2 pages.
- For walks and hikes I record distance and sometimes total time and splits.

- If I do a DVD I usually just write down the name of the workout but sometimes I will write if certain exercises cause back pain any modifications I made. The other thing I do is put an index card in my DVDs noting the dates that I have done the workout. Then I can refer to my planner for any notes. I don't use DVDs that much anymore so the cards help me find info about the workout without relying on my memory

-For written strength training workouts I write in the planner which workout/phase/day I have done that day. I use workout logs that I print out to record weights/reps etc. Usually I do programs with 3 full body strength workouts/week. So I will note in my planner "Bedrock Strength-Phase 1-Workout 3. I have been saving my log sheets for reference so I know what weights I was using. I always shake my head when I am at the gym and see people (mostly guys) lift without writing down their stats. How do they know if they are making progress?
I write weights/reps/rounds directly in my log book if I do a workout of my own creation or if I do a workout I got off the internet and I haven't made up log sheets for them.

I have about 11 years of these planners and lots of binders with my workout logs. At some point I will need to get rid of them.
Leslie

Izzy 12-01-21 03:37 PM

I don't. I log into my check in's and that's it. I honestly don't really care what I do. I just know at the end of the day I feel good if I did some form of exercise or workout or just kept busy with yard work etc.

kat999 12-01-21 03:39 PM

I've lately just been keeping an Excel spreadsheet where I document each workout I own, then the first time I do it I enumerate total calories burned, modality (e.g., AWT, HIIT, yoga, cardio, etc.), the calories-per-minute burn, the total time, and then I note the last time I did the workout. If it's been a long time since I've done one, I try to do it.

lizh 12-01-21 04:03 PM

I have a calendar where I write in what I do and sometimes add a sticker, too. Love stickers!

I only do it so I can get a quick glimpse of reality to see whether I have been slacking off or getting the workouts in. It motivates me because sometimes I imagine that I have worked out more recently than I have, so then I make a point to push play.

Liz

SpiritYogi 12-01-21 04:17 PM

I have a small notebook where I log the date and the workout(s) I did each day.

ardnas 12-01-21 04:23 PM

For years I used the Streaming Colors Fitness Journal Monthly Calendar.
Not sure why they stopped making them?
It was so easy to color code & journal workouts, food, calories, etc. I suppose one could make up their own system on any calendar, but I really liked how theirs was put together.
Now I just record what I do on my computer.

BunnyHop 12-01-21 05:42 PM

The only sort of records I've kept with any regularity were some notes I made about various Classical Stretch workouts. At one point I found it motivating to review the workout the night before, writing notes about the sequence of moves. Only do that when they're new to me, but I do find it helpful.

Paine 12-01-21 06:00 PM

To record my workouts, I have a 2021 Weekly & Monthy Planner by MEAD and it's 5.5" x 8.5". I love the Mead brand for this and I buy it from Amazon. I already bought my 2022 Mead planner for next year. Each day I write down what workouts I did and for how long. I will put a star next to the workouts I really enjoyed or I'll write "hate!" next to the workouts I didn't like. The next day I will write down if the workout gave me DOMS.

wendug 12-01-21 06:32 PM

I buy a cheap monthly planner from the Dollar Tree and write my workouts down in that. That's it. It keeps me in check if I see too many blank days.