Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I didn't have enough energy to finish Lee's "Qi Gong for Energy" (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231894)

Vintage VFer 10-20-21 02:03 PM

I didn't have enough energy to finish Lee's "Qi Gong for Energy"

I finally decided to try this Vintage Virgin. Love Lee and usually enjoy his workouts. It is a nice practice with some different moves from his other workouts.

I have little energy of late and I was too tired to finish it. I made it about 20 minutes and then got on floor and relaxed. Not a "Joni-O," just a "ran out of steam." LOL!

I'm thinking he should have had it in say, 15 minute segments.

KarenJo 10-20-21 04:20 PM

Ah, I know the feeling, though it is particularly ironic here. Was it his newer Qi Gong for Energy and Vitality? I find I only ever do the shorter 20 to 25 minute workouts on his new ones. I frequently don't feel especially vital these days. But even a little Lee still feels good. Hope he helped.

Pam61 10-20-21 05:28 PM

I've had very low energy lately, coming off a terrible cold. Trying to get back to working out again and struggling with motivation.

If I recall, this one does take some focus (and energy) moving quickly from one exercise to another but I tend to like them more (the more energetic ones) when I've been consistent with Lee's practices.

This week has wrecked my workouts because I haven't been sleeping especially well. But, that's usually when I gravitate towards Qi Gong...just the standing in the river ones, LOL. :p

Some days are like that...no get up and go. :asleep:

fanofladyvols 10-20-21 07:48 PM

Alta You should have done 7 minutes of magic! :cool:

But I do hope the 20 minutes you did helped!

P.S. Pam I hope you feel better soon!

laurajhawk 10-21-21 07:58 AM

I know for me, it's hard to have any energy at this time of year because the days are so much shorter. I agree 20-minute workouts are great for those days!

Pat58 10-21-21 08:17 AM

LOL - his Yoga for Energy puts me to sleep, while his Yoga for Deep Sleep energizes me. :)

I have yet to make it through the 30 Day Challenge and I've had it ... three, four years?

Vintage VFer 10-21-21 12:58 PM

KarenJo - It was his older one for Energy. I like the older one for Seniors and the Bones and Joints one. A half hour is good (though sometimes lately that is even too long...)

Pam61 - I hear you on the sleep issues. My get up and go has got up and gone this week. I hope your sleep improves soon!

FoLV & Pat - I have started Lee's 30-Day Challenge again. I can (usually) handle 7 minutes. I completed his Challenge the second time I tried. The first time took a couple of months.

laurajhawk
- I think the changing seasons can be hard on the body

Scorpio6 10-21-21 08:24 PM

sleep

I am feeling a little better since I started taking Relaxium Sleep they advertise on TV. Actually got some sleep, and I have been going thru a lot of stress.

Venus 10-21-21 10:06 PM

Thank you for the chuckle :D

I love the Walt Whitman poem in your signature. Now, Voyager is one of my favorite movies :)

rhbrand 10-21-21 10:13 PM

I've not slept well in over a week.
My energy level is about a negative 3
We babysit our 2 granddaughters 2 years old and almost 3 months old and by the time they leave, I'm drained.

I just want one good night sleep again.