Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How to unload DVDs (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228529)

Verine 05-06-20 01:42 PM

How to unload DVDs

Does anyone know if thrift stores would accept donations of DVDs without their original cases and artwork? About 10 years ago I started storing only the discs to reduce clutter, and at the time I figured I would be using DVDs forever. Ha! I have been doing digital workouts almost exclusively for the past 3 years or so and I’m wondering what to do with the discs that I know I’ll never use. I know about the Share the Wealth thread, but I hate asking for SASE and can’t afford to send everything out-of-pocket right now.

P.S. Is anyone else in the same boat with their DVDs collecting dust?

Christina

manleym 05-06-20 02:17 PM

I would pay for the SASE for dvds without the case. As long as the dvd works, I don't need the case and if it's something I really want, I'd be happy to pay for the SASE.

yogapam 05-06-20 02:55 PM

I was in a similar situation a few months ago, although I did save all the cover art and a few cases. I sent dozens out to vfers as SASEs, put multiple DVDs in one case separated by paper sleeves. The rest I gave to a friend, a single mom who lives rural and wanted to get into home fitness.

Joni O 05-06-20 03:21 PM

Not sure if you’re reluctant to ask for payment or just SASEs. I always ask for Paypal or an Amazon gift card. Too much hassle with a self-addressed stamped envelopes.

I’m sure lots of VFers would be fine getting workouts they want, case/cover art or not. I know I would.

Demeris 05-06-20 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manleym (Post 2872727)
I would pay for the SASE for dvds without the case. As long as the dvd works, I don't need the case and if it's something I really want, I'd be happy to pay for the SASE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2872734)
Not sure if you’re reluctant to ask for payment or just SASEs. I always ask for Paypal or an Amazon gift card. Too much hassle with a self-addressed stamped envelopes.

I’m sure lots of VFers would be fine getting workouts they want, case/cover art or not. I know I would.

I would happily pay postage and any extra you needed for the materials you used to ship it. I agree with Joni that SASEs are too much hassle.

hdw 05-06-20 08:32 PM

Definitely will send SASE if I'm interested in it. Just try and see what happens...

yogapam 05-06-20 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2872734)

I received PayPal or Amazon GCs to cover postage. I had lots of envelopes and packing materials.

Nelly G 05-06-20 09:24 PM

Just know that some of us can get not easy dvd workouts to their home like me.

So getting dvds via request the wealth really makes me happy Altough I understand that it is work for you to arrange. So know that even those dvds without a case can make someone happy and make them smile. :sun:I hope you know that the efford in that case is very appreciated. For me is a great “new” workout I got is giving me a great relaxation after a long day work of 9 hours at the hospital.

I would too happily pay postage and any extra you needed for the materials you used to ship it.
I hope my message helps you to write to give away in share the wealth. Just know that caring about each other and helping out is a great way to do something good. I try each day to help people, make them smile or let them feel great.

bzar 05-06-20 09:41 PM

some libraries take DVDs w/o the case if they want to include it in their collection - you can ask and see. as long as they are original ones.

but me too - if it's something i'm interested in, i'd send you postage or a full sase.:)

carly 05-06-20 10:09 PM

Goodwill will accept large DVD/CD collections in binders/catalogs. They sell them as a whole for cheap i.e. $10 to $25 for everything. I recently bought a binder of 80 CD's for $16.

I think a better charitable option would be to see if there is any women's shelters, assisted living (for easier exercises), churches with gym activities, youth programs, etc. to donate all or a portion of your collection to.