Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best place to sell videos? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=211562)

Jags 07-28-15 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaT (Post 2553153)
I just tried the link above and it's not working. :confused:

The group setting was changed to "secret". Message me, or Sherri "sbh", or Rose "bearcatfan", and we can send you an invitation to join.
ETA: when you message one of us, please include an email address. :)

maitai 07-30-15 02:47 PM

Wow, creepy

DI431 07-30-15 03:57 PM

I still use e-bay. It's the easiest.

bubbles76 07-30-15 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maitai (Post 2553589)
Wow, creepy

What's creepy?

Jags 07-31-15 10:02 AM

Quote:

Wow, creepy

There are 3 privacy settings available for Facebook Groups:
-Public
-Closed
-Secret

The differences between the different settings is available here.

-Secret was chosen for VF Roost, not to be exclusionary but to protect VF-ers from theft, scams, and damaged or bootleg merchandise. The only requirement is to be a registered member at VF.

(Any current member of vf Roost, there are currently 377, can invite you. Then you will be added by one of the admins listed in the post above.)

yogapam 07-31-15 11:38 AM

Quote:

Wow, creepy

I think it's exercising caution, a wise decision and definitely not creepy IMO. There are a lot of scammers out there on social media.

Donna D 07-31-15 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2553770)
I think it's exercising caution, a wise decision and definitely not creepy IMO. There are a lot of scammers out there on social media.

Agreed - it was done this way to protect us.

buttons11 07-31-15 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D (Post 2553804)
Agreed - it was done this way to protect us.

Yes and in addition the secret group minimizes the work required for the admins to handle the scam/spam etc. Really nothing creepy about it. Lots of selling and buying going on over there. Transactions are easy peasy. I have made 3 buys and 2 sales already. Fast and painless. Especially wonderful for things out of print or clearing out the oodles of 'extra' workouts as lots or package deals.

Paula N 08-01-15 10:12 AM

This is almost tempting me to join Facebook. Is it possible to set a personal Facebook account to secret as well? I'm really not interested in joining Facebook for any reason other than this.

Pam, have do you have any problems buying or selling from Canada?

bearcatfan 08-01-15 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula N (Post 2553997)
This is almost tempting me to join Facebook. Is it possible to set a personal Facebook account to secret as well? I'm really not interested in joining Facebook for any reason other than this.

You can lock down your privacy settings but I believe Facebook requires your name, cover photo and profile pic (should you choose to have them) to be public. Everything else can be private.

If you decide to join FB that way and then Roost, please give an admin a link to your profile so we can add you (or we can send an invitation via email). I'm an admin there and sometimes I have to guess based on someone's FB profile - a bunch of mutual VFers is a giveaway, lol.