Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anything like Firm BSS1? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=214259)

bubbles76 01-29-16 08:21 AM

Anything like Firm BSS1?

I just got finished doing Firm BSS1 Body Sculpt and Cardio Sculpt this week. Boy, these were pretty tough little workouts! I was dripping throughout Body Sculpt! I used 12's,15's, and in some spots 20's and felt really good. Except for front and side raises, which I don't go over 8's for (tweaky shoulder). Felt worked out, but not wiped out, and slept really good. Both workouts were a bit longer than I like for morning workouts, but I didn't have a problem doing them in the evening. Reminded me of why I like evening workouts so much.

Are there any other Firms or workouts like these? Just hitting everything, minimal equipment, no rushed feeling, decent if not stellar form pointers, under an hour?

buffmama 01-29-16 08:43 AM

Take a look at Cathe's Basic Step and Body Fusion. I don't remember her going fast in these. And I think it's a similar 'feel'.

bubbles76 01-29-16 10:52 AM

Thanks! It's been awhile since I've done Body Fusion, but I do have it. Keep the suggestions coming!

ebianco 01-29-16 11:22 AM

I really like BSS2 - just ignore the "Firm stick" and use regular dumbbells. The only other equipment is the fanny lifter like BSS1. The best one is Emily's Complete Aerobics and Weight Training, and the add ons are good too. And the Firm classics of course.

The BSS3 and BSS4 are a little fussier with the different step and more confusing step aerobics choreography (at least for very uncoordinated me).

mamaste 01-29-16 11:31 AM

The add-one futon that series are very similar. I think it was called the super six pack or something like that. The workouts are Cardio Sculpt Blaster, Super Cardio Sculpt, Body Sculpt Blaster, Lower Body Sculpt 1, Lower Body Sculpt 2, Super Body Sculpt. They're a little shorter, but they're still effective. You can find clips on YouTube and can buy them cheap on Amazon.

DawnMarie 01-29-16 02:46 PM

Body Sculpt Blaster is one of my all time favorite workouts!! 30 minutes of greatness.

Carol K 01-29-16 05:32 PM

You may have problems finding some of these soon. The Goodtimes FIRMs were the first ones Gaiam discontinued. I had most of them on VHS and I bought them all on DVD last year when I learned that Gaiam wouldn't be selling FIRMs anymore.

bubbles76 01-29-16 06:17 PM

Well, shoot! Guess these are going on my wishlist :)

FirmDancer 01-29-16 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnMarie (Post 2606374)
Body Sculpt Blaster is one of my all time favorite workouts!! 30 minutes of greatness.

I totally agree!!

Breezy Trousers 01-29-16 08:26 PM

While I like all the recommendations here, my very favorite workouts from the BSS1-BSS4 series are Body Sculpt and Cardio Sculpt! (The other is BBS3's Total Muscle Shaping, which requires the transformer or slanted riders.). Those two workouts have long been underrated gems -- but, of course, it's no surprise you like them, Bubbles! :sun: