Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cathe New Series Update (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232011)

ChelePA 11-16-21 02:53 PM

Cathe New Series Update

Copied from Facebook

Hi Everyone,

As most of you already know, during the Cathe Virtual Halloween RoadTrip, I had the opportunity to share some details about my newest series with RoadTrip attendees! Since then, I’ve received some questions regarding a series announcement and presale details and I wanted to touch base to give you a little bit of insight and an update on where we stand at this point in time!

First, let me tell you that I am beyond excited about this new series!!! Tentatively titled, STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery, this series will share some favorite aspects of the original STS series, like a complete strength training focus, but will also be very different in that the workouts will be a bit shorter, we won’t remain within a specific mesocycle phase, and will also include recovery routines within the program itself.

The basic outline of this new series is three complete sets of four workouts each (a total of 12 workouts) which can be utilized alone or as a training program designed to increase strength and endurance and also promote proper recovery of hard-worked muscles. I can’t give you any specific details about the types of workouts themselves right now or the training techniques that I’ll be choosing for this series as I am still testing and working through the details and have not finalized enough to make any claims as to what you will see. I can tell you that each “mini-set” will be unique in and of itself and when the three are used as a complete set it will be a strength training trifecta!

All this being said, I know your main question is, WHEN?! I’m working hard, long hours on this series and at this point, we expect to have presale details and an official announcement early in the new year. It’s always difficult to wait, but I promise it will be well worth it! Get ready to get stronger with STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery!

bee 11-16-21 03:05 PM

Sounds fantastic! Thanks for posting, Chele!!

Joni O 11-16-21 03:46 PM

I don't have STS, so I'll need to check those out to get an idea of what these might be like. ;)

LindaL 11-16-21 04:25 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

rykram 11-16-21 05:20 PM

Thanks for the update! I’m excited!!!:D:D:D:D

fanofladyvols 11-16-21 06:26 PM

Thanks for posting this ChelePA!!

schoolgirl-01 11-16-21 07:43 PM

awesome, i'm totally on board for a STS 2.0

gigi 11-16-21 08:32 PM

This makes me happy!

Patti S. 11-16-21 09:40 PM

Yay!:sun:

Sue B 11-16-21 11:15 PM

That sounds a lot like Drop 2 Sizes. The strength workouts were made up of supersets of 2 exercises, one rest and one recovery exercise.

Vantreesta 11-17-21 10:56 AM

Thanks for posting, Chele! I am so excited!!

kittybug 11-17-21 11:08 AM

This is great news! Thank you for posting, Chele!! :sun:

ebianco 11-17-21 11:16 AM

Thank you for the update, Chele! I am definitely interested in a more bite-sized STS program.

Swissmom 11-17-21 12:01 PM

Easy pass for me. I have the original STS that is barely used. I also have the drop 2 sizes set that is also barely used.

Jane P. 11-17-21 12:14 PM

I also don't have STS. I did an imitation STS rotation that I posted about earlier using other Cathe dvd sets. I was thinking about buying STS meso 2 (because I prefer to work in that range) as a Christmas present to myself, but now I think I'll wait.

Sue, I liked the Drop 2 Sizes workouts themselves, but the chatting drove me nuts.

This does sound like something I'd be interested in, and I like the fact that Cathe still makes dvds. Something to look forward to in the new year.

manleym 11-17-21 01:18 PM

Yay! Thanks ChelePA!!! Keep us updated! :love:

AnMrsDe 11-17-21 01:23 PM

Thanks so much for posting for us who are not on FB!!:heart:

I’m actually glad the presale is after the holidays…it’ll allow me to use some Christmas $$!!

bubbles76 11-17-21 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnMrsDe (Post 2947147)
Thanks so much for posting for us who are not on FB!!:heart:

I’m actually glad the presale is after the holidays…it’ll allow me to use some Christmas $$!!

Same :) I can combine birthday (March) and Christmas cash :) I will likely have to wait until after the presale, as my "cash" is usually in the form of amazon gift cards.

FirmDancer 11-17-21 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2947054)
I don't have STS, so I'll need to check those out to get an idea of what these might be like. ;)

Same! I don't know whether to be excited or not - lol!

Jane P. 11-17-21 04:41 PM

I hope Cathe shows some decent previews, not just tiny little snippets that don't really give you a good feel for the workouts.

bjones 11-18-21 10:36 AM

I hope it doesn't require some new equipment like the STS Tower!!

kittybug 11-18-21 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjones (Post 2947233)
I hope it doesn't require some new equipment like the STS Tower!!

Agreed, but I DO hope she's planning to put out some weighted micro-load gloves, durn it! I could really use some. ;)

Rhonda 11-18-21 11:02 AM

I want to be excited but I never made it through STS. Just way too long of workouts for me. I think I started several times but never finished.

Will have to wait and see if this is something I want to do or not but have to be totally honest, Cathe has not been someone I have been working out with for a few years now. I will throw in her workouts every now and then but just not into them.

Which is sad, as I have so many of her workouts.

fanofladyvols 11-18-21 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittybug (Post 2947236)
Agreed, but I DO hope she's planning to put out some weighted micro-load gloves, durn it! I could really use some. ;)

Yes..she is!

She mentioned that as well as some other cool things at RT.

Products mentioned (among others) were barbell clips, barbell pads and two versions of the weighted micro load gloves with half pound removable weights that went up to 2# (someone else correct me for how heavy they went up.)
No prices mentioned and can't remember target date for product introduction but definitely sounded like 2022.

kittybug 11-18-21 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2947252)
Yes..she is!

She mentioned that as well as some other cool things at RT.

Products mentioned (among others) were barbell clips, barbell pads and two versions of the weighted micro load gloves with half pound removable weights that went up to 2# (someone else correct me for how heavy they went up.)
No prices mentioned and can't remember target date for product introduction but definitely sounded like 2022.

YAY!!!! You just made my day! Thanks for the info. :love:

manleym 11-18-21 04:45 PM

How are weighted micro load gloves different than normal weighted gloves? I'm sure I need them, just don't know why. HA!

bee 11-18-21 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manleym (Post 2947270)
How are weighted micro load gloves different than normal weighted gloves? I'm sure I need them, just don't know why. HA!

I think the idea is that you can change the small amount of weight that's in them by an even smaller amount.

hypnomoon 11-19-21 01:02 AM

Sounds good. I can always do the STS 1 in the meantime to prep. :)

cecififi 11-19-21 05:55 AM

I love STS and have done all of the workouts in various way e.g. individually, as a meso, the entire program - over and over again. In particular, I love squat rack legs and I don't have a squat rack. I subscribe to Cathe so will look forward to seeing these workouts. I'm excited.

kittybug 11-19-21 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2947281)
I think the idea is that you can change the small amount of weight that's in them by an even smaller amount.

Yep! Increments up to 4 pounds, I think, so you can gradually up your weights safely instead of trying to jump up 5 pounds at once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecififi (Post 2947297)
I love STS and have done all of the workouts in various way e.g. individually, as a meso, the entire program - over and over again. In particular, I love squat rack legs and I don't have a squat rack. I subscribe to Cathe so will look forward to seeing these workouts. I'm excited.

Ooooh, really? I don't have a squat rack either and never considered trying squat rack legs because of that, just stuck with plyo legs which I loved. Should I be rethinking that? Mine is still in shrink wrap. :p

bee 11-19-21 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittybug (Post 2947335)

Ooooh, really? I don't have a squat rack either and never considered trying squat rack legs because of that, just stuck with plyo legs which I loved. Should I be rethinking that? Mine is still in shrink wrap. :p

That is interesting, cecififi! Like kittybug, it never even occurred to me to try it! I will! How cool -- I have a "new" Cathe to try. :D

cecififi 11-20-21 06:04 AM

YES!!! pull out squat rack legs. the workout moves much faster if you cut the rest between sets in half. enjoy!

Jane P. 11-20-21 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecififi (Post 2947297)

What do you use when you do squat rack legs? Do you use heavy dumbells or a barbell? I'm interested because I don't have a rack either, and don't have room for bulky equipment.

manleym 11-20-21 05:20 PM

Thanks Bee and Kittybug for the info about the weighted gloves. Definitely something to add to my wish list! :D

cataddict 11-20-21 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane P. (Post 2947413)
What do you use when you do squat rack legs? Do you use heavy dumbells or a barbell? I'm interested because I don't have a rack either, and don't have room for bulky equipment.

Yes, cecififi, please share your equipment list! I do have a tower and a step, just not a squat rack so like bee and kittybug I never tried it.

cecififi 11-21-21 06:23 AM

I just use heavy weights - heavy for me. I used 35's and 40's and often have to drop down in weight or do fewer reps. Open the videos up. You'll see Cathe and company using barbells with lots of weight. hand weights, for me, are a similar experience. I have the tower and sometimes pull it out for pull ups for her other workouts but.... I don't get far as I can't pull my bodyweight up off the floor.

TonyaK 11-23-21 09:32 AM

I also really like Squat Rack Legs. I got a 15# weighted vest, so I can put less weight on my barbell. By the end of the workout, it gets harder to lift the barbell up and over my head! The vest made a big difference for me.

Vantreesta 11-23-21 04:41 PM

Just ordered the squat rack workouts thanks to this thread! I'm pretty excited, also got some others. I really gotta get the shrinkwrap torn off the ones I already had!

Jane P. 11-24-21 12:57 PM

Don't wait

It's a good idea to tear off the shrinkwrap, and at least preview the dvd as soon as you get it in case there's a problem with the dvd.