Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic Off Topic: What are you binge watching? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228217)

Carol K 06-28-20 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patti S. (Post 2879984)
The Handmaid’s Tale.

I know that it’s not terribly uplifting, but there’s something empowering about it that I love. Elisabeth Moss is just incredible.

I don't have Netflix or Hulu or whatever it is, so I've never watched the series, but I read the book many years ago and I just read the sequel Testaments. For those who read the book, I enthusiastically recommend the sequel. You won't believe how it all ends!

Patti S. 06-28-20 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol K (Post 2880004)
I don't have Netflix or Hulu or whatever it is, so I've never watched the series, but I read the book many years ago and I just read the sequel Testaments. For those who read the book, I enthusiastically recommend the sequel. You won't believe how it all ends!

Cool Carol. Thanks for the recommendation. :D I have the 1st book of course, but haven’t picked up the sequel and now I will!

gigi 06-28-20 09:33 AM

Current Binges:
Netflix: Dark, Dead to Me
Amazon Purchase: Season 11 Big Bang Theory then I'll purchase Season 12
Hulu: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Handmaid's Tale

Former Binges:
Netflix: Marcella, Tiger King (ashamed to admit...could not look away), The Haunting of Hill House, The Killing, ****t$ Creek, and iZombie, Hold the Dark, Wynonna Earp

Hulu: Devs, Justified (I actually watched Justified on Amazon but it's on Hulu now), Ozark, Longmire (twice....love this series),

Amazon: The Red Road, Homecoming

I tend to like off beat horror/science fiction/mysteries and odd shows.:) Binge watching is more of what I'm currently watching and there is some binging on the weekends.

Carol K 06-28-20 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patti S. (Post 2880030)
Cool Carol. Thanks for the recommendation. :D I have the 1st book of course, but haven’t picked up the sequel and now I will!

But if you're watching the series on Hulu, maybe you should wait until that's over. Because Testaments is pretty conclusive.

bee 06-28-20 12:57 PM

I'm not sure this has been mentioned yet, but my son got me into watching Parks & Rec. If you need an easy laugh, you will probably get sucked in here. I'm on season 5, I think.

Joni O 06-28-20 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol K (Post 2880004)

I bought The Testament in January and haven't read it yet. I'm seen all of The Handmaid's Tale. Thanks for the reminder!

bubbles76 06-28-20 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 2879918)
This reminds me: DDs are currently obsessed with My Hero Academia, so we've binged all the seasons and movies that go with it. :D

Tiny Bubble loves My Hero Academia! So do I. However, I don't have time during the week to watch it.

Carol K 06-28-20 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2880085)
I bought The Testament in January and haven't read it yet. I'm seen all of The Handmaid's Tale. Thanks for the reminder!

Isn't there going to be at least one more season though? But if you don't think you're going to watch it, then definitely read Testaments.

Lori_Michigan 06-28-20 03:30 PM

White Collar on Prime, Matt Bomer is delicious.

We also watched Burn Notice on Prime too. All seven seasons in a month. Jeffrey Donovan is also delicious.

Joni O 06-28-20 04:49 PM

I'd also recommend Jane the Virgin. It's really cute. Not sure where it is. Hulu?