Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-06, 09:47 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Kundalini Breath of Fire

Which Kundalini workouts - Ravi & Ana or otherwise - have the largest amount of breath of fire in them. I find this really agrees with me.

Also, does anyone have the Ravi & Ana Yoga Cleanse DVD? I went to a Kundalini Yoga seminar yesterday that was about detoxing/cleansing the liver and kidneys and I wonder if that was the focus of the Ravi & Ana Yoga Cleanse DVD?
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-06, 10:20 PM  
Mary09

Were you at the same workshop as KathAL79? (You weren't wearing lots of bracelets, were you?)

http://forum.videofitness.com/showpo...&postcount=166

Can I piggyback on your thread? Anyone have any good tips for doing breath of fire? I'm just getting into it.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-06, 10:30 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

No, I wasn't at the Ravi & Ana seminar, LOL, although I did enjoy my seminar. I do understand people's frustration though in trying to learn breath of fire. While the instructor was very good yesterday, if I hadn't already known how to do breath of fire, I think I would have been very lost. Her main points were that you breathe like the pregnant women are taught to do when they are going through labor (only helpful if you've had kids via natural childbirth), you must definitely be activating/moving the navel/stomach or you will just end up hyperventilating instead, and she ended with saying some learn how to do it by opening their mouth and panting like a dog at first (eventually you do it with a closed mouth).
Old 10-23-06, 01:27 AM  
missmomus

Hi SharonH,

Yes, the Yoga Cleanse dvd is centered around detoxification, with the liver being the primary focus. That sounds like it must have been a fun seminar. It would be interesting if you could check out the video just for comparison's sake.
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-06, 07:51 AM  
KathAL79

If I remember correctly, Yoga Cleanse has a decent amount of breath of fire. Journey through the Chakras had a good deal, too, I think.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-06, 10:00 AM  
sweetyogini

Yoga Cleanse has a lot of breath of fire and is a great detox - specifically for the liver - but probably works kidneys as well. I really like this one.

Am/PM has an awesome morning wake up series with a continuous breath of fire that it sounds like you would really like. This is the best BOF sequence I have ever seen anywhere.
sweetyogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-06, 10:09 AM  
ssgilby

I concur with sweetyogini, the AM set from AM/PM has about a 10-12 min. section of BOF combined with different poses. Awesome!! And, as has been mentioned, Cleanse is all about liver detoxification. It's not overly strenuous, but your tounge will feel like beef jerky! Lot's of panting BOF, BOF with curled tongue, etc.
Old 10-23-06, 10:40 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone! I just ordered the Yoga Cleanse DVD from Chakra44 on Amazon Marketplace. I just hope the DVD doesn't arrive scratched, since I've had a lot of problems with supposedly brand new and shrinkwrapped Ravi & Ana DVDs no matter if I order them from the distributor (Chakra 44) or through Amazon. The DVDs don't arrive loose in their cases either, so I don't understand why I'm receiving an unusually high number of DVDs with scratches.
Old 10-24-06, 07:21 AM  
sweetyogini

Sharon - just finished Yog Beauty Body and I realized that has an awesome amount of breath of fire in various poses - chair pose, bow pose, stretch pose, camel pose, childs pose, (I can't remember if shoulder stand had it?) and other poses too - any way - its alot and I thought of you. - maybe you already have this one - if you don;t you will definitely like it.
sweetyogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-06, 07:41 AM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetyogini
(I can't remember if shoulder stand had it?)
Yes, I think it does. Or am I thinking of Dance the Chakras?
Yoga Beauty Body is my personal favorite of the new three.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote