Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-23, 09:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Endurance check in for April-December 2023

Our small group has dwindled to two at the moment and we would love to see more people join and old friends return!

So if you run, walk, hike, bike, swim or row (or any other endurance type activity!) please stop by! We would love to have company and good conversation.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 09:03 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess my morning melted away! Last night and this morning I was playing catch up on some of my logging/tracking that I let slide when I was at Dad's. Hopefully it's all done now. But since I "wasted" so much time I had to revise my expectations for the day, both in housework and workouts. So I did day 3 of Kassandra's challenge, day 2 of Melissa Oleson's, and day 15 of David O's challenge from January. So around 40 minutes of yoga total. It felt good. My abs and lower body are sore (the good kind) from yesterday.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-05-23, 02:08 PM  
Sissy B

I got our tax forms signed and back to the accountant so they could be e-filed. I also picked up dog food and went to Target to get a few things we needed. I still need to grocery shop, but I am in a serious rut of not knowing what I want to eat or cook. I’m also trying to decide what I’m going to do for Easter. DD’s not coming home and DH will be working night shift - he goes back on nights tomorrow. We’ve been having roasted lamb for the last few year but I don’t think I want to do that this year. I’m thinking about doing brunch and/or a charcuterie board instead.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-23, 11:50 AM  
Vantreesta

Sissy, we signed our taxes on Monday so they could file them. Always a relief to have that done!

I've been trying to come up with new meal ideas too. Not so much bc we're tired of our standbys but so many of them have ground beef and I'm trying to reduce the number of those and have more chicken or meatless, just to improve overall health. I kept quite a few of my mom's cookbooks and was able to bring some of them home this time. (My dad will bring the rest this summer if he gets to come up.) I am thinking that Sunday afternoons when I'm home might be a good time to look through for new ideas.

I haven't decided what to do for Easter either. We usually do ham, au gratin potatoes, rolls and deviled eggs but I didn't get a ham this time. I need to decide so I can run to the store if I need to. Your brunch or charcuterie board sound like nice ideas!

Yesterday I frittered the day away. I had a chiropractor appt in the morning and I had planned to workout before the Twins pregame started at 11:30 or at least do something during the game but it never happened. At 4:00 I finally did day 4 of Kassandra's and day 3 of Melissa's challenges and that was it. I haven't done my toe and foot exercises the last two days so I have to today! I have a run scheduled for today but my shins are tender so I'll see how things feel this afternoon.

Old 04-06-23, 01:32 PM  
Sissy B

I decided to serve an Easter Brunch and I came up with a few ideas to cook on the days before Easter so I went grocery shopping this morning. I’m going to try a new recipe for Easter. I’m going to half it since it’s just going to be me and DH and I don’t know how well the leftovers will keep. I’m also going to add mushrooms just because we really like mushrooms.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/bacon-sp...ast-casserole/

I’m going to make Blueberry Streusel Muffins (Duncan Hines mix) and I got cantaloupe slices to serve too. I bought a pack of Carrot Cake Cupcakes from the bakery at Publix for dessert.

We normally eat a lot of beef too and we’re trying to eat more fish and chicken. I have a hard time getting meatless meals in - my DH is a meat and potatoes guy.
Old 04-07-23, 12:44 AM  
Vantreesta

Workouts today were Caroline Jordan 15 Minute Glute Activation Workout, Jenny Ford March Across America California, and Livinleggings Full body stretch that won't break a sweat - Gentle Flexibility Flow.

That casserole looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the link. I think we're going to try a new recipe too. It's a pork skillet stew or smthg like that. I'm not sure how it will go with deviled eggs but those are non-negotiable for Easter for me! Probably will have rolls as well, and I will make blueberry muffins (Betty Crocker here!) and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Maybe bacon too but we'll see. My mom used to make the muffins and scrambled eggs and it was my favorite breakfast so now I make it for holidays. I like doing things that make me feel like she's still here with me.

I have some pumpkin leftover that I hope is still good. If it is I think I will make pumpkin cookies tmrw. Not exactly Eastery but I am all pumpkin all the time!

My problem with meatless meals is that I always seem to be starving again an hour later. We do make a fried rice that is supposed to have pork but we just leave it out. That usually sticks with me for longer.

Old 04-10-23, 11:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri 4/7 101 minutes GOOD FRIDAY
6 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
8 minutes (from Dr. Bri Daily Double! Pelvic Floor Bedtime Routine At-Home Kegel Camp, Day 15, YT) 1st time

9 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 15 -Mini Band Workout for Abs, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 15 Reset, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -10 Minute Energizing Yoga | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 15, YT) 1st time

48 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.87 mi)

Sat 4/8 47 minutes
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.8 mi)

Sun 4/9 81 minutes EASTER
22 minutes (from walk to/from church)
20 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
39 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.43 mi)

Mon 4/10 127 minutes
4 minutes (from Belly Dancer Diaries -100 Day Dance Challenge Day 2 Build Shimmy Endurance - Thunder Shimmy Workout, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 15 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)

29 minutes (from 2.09 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk1 day2)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT) 1st time

9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory)

30 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.01 mi) not feeling great tonight, skipped third

I had planned to run on Saturday but we ran errands and went to lunch and got back just in time for the Twins pregame so I didn't end up doing anything workout wise. We did have a productive day other than during the game though so I didn't beat myself up for not working out. Sunday I went to church and then watched the Twins and then another game after that. It was a nice relaxing day and it was so good to finally get back to church.

Last Monday it was like 46 when I ran. Today it was 68 and very warm. It feels so good to be running again, even if the run intervals are short. And listening to baseball while I do it just makes it even better.

Old 04-18-23, 09:32 AM  
Vantreesta

We hit the 80s last week, including one day at 88, and then the temps plummeted and it snowed on Sunday. Crazy. The warmest day this week shows a high of 56, I think. There's smthg about 80s in the spring that feels different from in the summer. Just like 70s in spring feels different from 70s in fall. Does anyone else notice that??

Saturday I went to see the Dungeons & Dragons movie with my friend and her kids. I really liked it. Sunday we then played D&D. I've only been playing since after we got married (which has somehow been almost 24 years already! ) but they have all been playing since elementary school. Yesterday I spent all day in the kitchen and still didn't get all the cleaning done. And never had time to workout either, which bums me out more than not finishing the cleaning. The Twins were off yesterday so I figured I could make myself workout after hubby went to bed. WRONG! I was cold and tired and didn't muster up the energy even for gentle yoga or PT stretches. It is what it is and today is a new day.

I signed up for a 5k trail race yesterday that is coming up quickly. I'm really excited to be doing a race again and I know my time won't be what it used to be but it should keep me running and then the joy of the race should help me continue. There are other upcoming races I want to do as well.

Workouts since I last posted have been less impressive:

Tue 4/11 76 minutes ped 14966 steps/Fitbit 17323
17 minutes (from M. Oleson Core & Pelvic Floor 30 Day Yoga Challenge day 4 Gratitude & Openness for Your Core & Pelvic Floor, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 15 -snail pose, YT) 1st time

53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.16 mi)

Wed 4/12 115 minutes ped 16727/Fitbit 16977
10 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
29 minutes (from 2.09 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk1 day3)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory)
56 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.37 mi)

Thu 4/13 70 minutes ped 15659/Fitbit 14750
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S3E5 Serene Tide Pools, TV) 1st time
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.78 mi)

Fri 4/14 62 minutes ped 12289/Fitbit 12460
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
15 minutes (from PT stretches before bed)

37 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.26 mi)

Sat 4/15 33 minutes MOVIES ped 9251/Fitbit 9012
33 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.15 mi)

Sun 4/16 29 minutes D&D DAY ped 6933/Fitbit 8287
29 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.82 mi)

Mon 4/17 57 minutes ped 12191/Fitbit 14995
10 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.92 mi)

Old 04-23-23, 10:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 4/18 83 minutes
10 minutes (from morning mobility routine)
20 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.13 mi) headache all afternoon & evening

Wed 4/19 171 minutes
16 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 16 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Stretch to Open Your Hips, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 16)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
11 minutes (from HellahGood -Everyday Pre-run Warm Up Routine | Running Activation, YT)
29 minutes (from 2.14 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk2 day1)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
19 minutes (from C. Jordan How To Massage Your Shins, Calves, and Ankles, YT)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
23 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.51 mi)

Thu 4/20 35 minutes
35 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.11 mi)

Fri 4/21 111 minutes
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
11 minutes (from HellahGood -Everyday Pre-run Warm Up Routine | Running Activation, YT)
29 minutes (from 1.82 mi for Just Run Zero to 5k wk2 day2/VA German Forests Hike) 1st time --obviously tm is much harder and slower for me!
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri 5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
17 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yin Yoga for the Piriformis Muscle (Great for Sciatica & Piriformis Syndrome), YT) 1st time this was relaxing and felt good but can't replace my usual post-run practice
18 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.29 mi) cold, blustery, sleet, snow, wind--bah!

Sat 4/22 93 minutes
25 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
15 minutes (from stretch & mobility)
53 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.31 mi)

Sun 4/23 63 minutes
22 minutes (from walk to/from church)
41 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.56 mi)

Old 04-24-23, 03:26 PM  
Sissy B

Just checking in to say Hi! I been traveling the past two weekends. I’ll catch up when I get a chance.