Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-15, 08:38 AM  
rose2boys

Barlates: Quick Fix

Just did Quick Fix Ballet Box -- So fun, the perfect mix of barre/ballet w/kickbox moves! You use optional 1# weights (I used my old Tae Bo red hand weights, think only .5#). Some moves are a bit fast, but she says to go at slower pace if needed.
As with most of her stuff, the work really creeps up on you. I enjoyed it! Best of all, it is one of the FREE ones & incl short warm up & stretch.
Old 04-15-15, 09:54 AM  
js70

I have not tried this one yet! I plan to try that one tomorrow. I tried at least 15 of her workouts now and I love them all! They look easy, but not at all! I can start seeing some improvement with my weight going down since doing her workout. They are tough, but really make you feel great after and no pain after. Dream body would give me foot and hip pain. Linda is my favorite instructor now . And she's so great in responding when you email her as well. Make it so much easier when I needed her suggestion in buying/choosing her workout that are not free on youtube.
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 10:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I see she has many dvds for sale. Are these physical dvds or downloads? Any favorites to get started. TIA
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 10:36 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I see she has many dvds for sale. Are these physical dvds or downloads? Any favorites to get started. TIA
Her Barlates workouts are both downloads and DVDs but we have been discussing the downloads because the pricing is excellent. She is located in Australia so I imagine shipping of DVDs would be high. She gives you freebies if you buy more than 3 workouts. I had purchased 8 videos and got 4 free that I got to select. She then gave me 3 other short ones (warmup or cooldowns). The 8 purchased videos came to 24 AU dollars but with the stronger US rate, it was only about $19 USA. The downloads are HD quality so they are huge files. I converted the original files to smaller files so I could put them on my smart devices.

I would suggest that you first try out her Youtube channel - she has a large selection of free full length workouts. I had downloaded all her free videos from Youtube and then I will buy other videos that are not free on Youtube.
Old 04-15-15, 10:44 AM  
js70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Her Barlates workouts are both downloads and DVDs but we have been discussing the downloads because the pricing is excellent. She is located in Australia so I imagine shipping of DVDs would be high. She gives you freebies if you buy more than 3 workouts. I had purchased 8 videos and got 4 free that I got to select. She then gave me 3 other short ones (warmup or cooldowns). The 8 purchased videos came to 24 AU dollars but with the stronger US rate, it was only about $19 USA. The downloads are HD quality so they are huge files. I converted the original files to smaller files so I could put them on my smart devices.

I would suggest that you first try out her Youtube channel - she has a large selection of free full length workouts. I had downloaded all her free videos from Youtube and then I will buy other videos that are not free on Youtube.
I did the same here! I bought 22 of her workouts and got 11 for free. They are really worth it!!!
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 11:12 AM  
alisoncooks

There sure are a lot of workouts to choose from!

I might be interested in a few downloads, but what are Mac users using to put it on disc? I can't workout from my computer, and I need a larger screen than my iPad.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 11:23 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
There sure are a lot of workouts to choose from!

I might be interested in a few downloads, but what are Mac users using to put it on disc? I can't workout from my computer, and I need a larger screen than my iPad.
I don't convert videos to DVDs (I usually go the other way) but the videos are in unprotected MP4 format and should be easy to make playable DVDs. BarbS seem to be the resident expert on making DVDs--you should pose that question with her.
Old 04-15-15, 01:06 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post

Thanks, Susie! I will definitely check out her Youtube channel. She seems to be very generous .
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 01:41 PM  
JENILU

Did this one yesterday!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 03:03 PM  
rose2boys

Actually, I started to really look at her vast amount of material and it can be confusing! She has a list of all workouts divided by type (ie: Upper, Core, etc) w/times & equipment needed (think there's a link on another thread, but it is in site pull down menu).

Anyway, I had some in my cart, but realized that one of them was already on her site for free (full length). So it got me thinking and I went thru as best I could and noted which are a)free full length, b) free samples/express (segment of a longer workout - usually ~10-15min.), an c) just trailers for download/DVD.

ALL of the workouts in the "Challenge Series" and "5 Best Exercises" category are FREE! (not to download, but to watch/stream) The rest I will post when I get around to organizing my scribbled notes.

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge, swan arms