Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-14, 01:47 PM  
rosepetals

Thumbs up Barlates Body Blitz

Barre Lovers here is a new full length Free workout. She is from Au. and says she has other videos available on her site. Found on youtube. "Short on time? Then this barre inspired cardio sculpting workout is for you. Using light hand weights in compound movements that incorporate both your upper and lower body this workout will efficiently burn calories, fat and sculpt lean muscle."

Downloads at workoutdvdworld.com.au

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4lC58pUzE
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 11:57 AM  
SandyO

I've done 6 of her youtube classes ranging from 10 to 40 minutes, and every one was tough with some new to me exercises. I'm not sure her count from side to side was dead on, but my hips, butt, arms, abs.. whatever was burning, so my brain was maybe not able to keep track. I did one hour last Mon and another hour just now. I'm planning two days next week. I really like her.

Sandy O
Old 03-09-15, 12:14 PM  
PhyllisG

Very nice. I liked it and liked the instructor too. Thank you!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 12:40 PM  
SueT

This looks great! Thanks for posting this. I'm going to check out her other youtube workouts as well.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 02:43 PM  
topfitmama

The youtube workouts look really good! I've been meaning to try the back of the leg and butt workout (on the mat).
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 03:16 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
The youtube workouts look really good! I've been meaning to try the back of the leg and butt workout (on the mat).
That's funny. I did that one today. I haven't done barre or pilates in a while as I've been on a yoga binge, and I thought it was going to kill me.

Sandy O
Old 03-24-15, 05:09 PM  
topfitmama

She has a whole bunch of full-length downloadable workouts for $3.99 each. Some look really good, and the price is amazing!

It's worth checking her youtube channel before buying because you can stream quite a few of the workouts for free.

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/wo...ad-categories/
Old 03-25-15, 07:37 AM  
rose2boys

Wow!

I just skimmed thru some of the YT stuff & watched the intro, from what I can tell, I really like her. She could be my next Suzanne Bowen. And, like Jessica, so much FREE material! Glad I didn't spend too much $ on HSM (which I've been seriously eyeing for a while) for single workouts.

In her intro she said something about getting bored easily & hating to d the same thing day after day so she adds new stuff weekly! And workouts range from 10-45 min long -- perfect for me. I never do longer than that anymore. Speaking my language totally!

Not sure where to start, but going to give her workouts a whirl!

Last edited by rose2boys; 03-25-15 at 07:39 AM. Reason: add info
rose2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 10:46 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
Barre Lovers here is a new full length Free workout. She is from Au. and says she has other videos available on her site. Found on youtube. "Short on time? Then this barre inspired cardio sculpting workout is for you. Using light hand weights in compound movements that incorporate both your upper and lower body this workout will efficiently burn calories, fat and sculpt lean muscle."

Downloads at workoutdvdworld.com.au

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4lC58pUzE
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
She has a whole bunch of full-length downloadable workouts for $3.99 each. Some look really good, and the price is amazing!

It's worth checking her youtube channel before buying because you can stream quite a few of the workouts for free.

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/wo...ad-categories/
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
I just skimmed thru some of the YT stuff & watched the intro, from what I can tell, I really like her. She could be my next Suzanne Bowen. And, like Jessica, so much FREE material!......
Not sure where to start, but going to give her workouts a whirl!
Thank you for the information! What a great find! Linda Wooldridge is quite generous with her free workouts and her video pricing on her website is very good. Her style reminds me of Suzanne Bowen.

Yesterday, I purchased some of her videos that were not free on YouTube. I took advantage of her Freebie Buy 2 get 1 free:

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/freebies/

So I bought 6 videos and got 3 additional ones free (of my choice). And........she send me free 3 additional videos: a warm-up, a lower body stretch and an upper body stretch. What a sweetheart. The 3.99 per video is in AU dollars. After factoring the favorable USD exchange rate, my 23.94 AU price became 19.30 in USD.

The videos are HD quality and huge. A 30 minute video is about 1.3GB; great for viewing on the big screen. However, I will be converting them to smaller files so they are not hogging the storage space on my devices.
Old 03-26-15, 10:52 AM  
topfitmama

Wow! I hadn't realized her prices were in Australian dollars!
She's very quick to respond, too. I commented on a youtube workout mentioning that one move is a bit tricky, and she responded within a few hours giving more form pointers. I did one of her workouts yesterday and plan to use the short ones as add-ons. The longer ones may be a bit too much for me at this point. She does go for the BURN!!!!!

Tags
barlates, barre, linda wooldridge, pretzel