Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-12, 04:45 PM  
normandy

What Is The Difference Beteen The Beast Build and Bulk Workouts?

I might cave in and order the set, but before I do, a friend of mine just got these -- untried -- and said she would lend me one disc of either the Build or the Bulk dvd's. I usually don't like trisets and prefer working one body part several times in a row. I usually never keep any weight workout that isn't Cathe, and wonder which of these would appeal to me the most. I do hope, when I finally get to try one of these dvd's, that I'll hate it -- the spending has to stop sometime -- but not, of course, with any help from my fellow VFers!!
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 05:34 PM  
fit44

If you do not like to work one body part several times in a row, you will not like Beast.
Build works two body parts and Bulk works one each day, with the exception of arms working biceps/triceps.
The difference between Build & Bulk are the sets.
Build has single sets, giant sets (3 exercises back to back), super sets(2 exercises back to back) , and drop sets.
Bulk has killer progressive sets (think pyramids without any rest as you go up the ladder, rest, then down the ladder with not rest), Forced sets 5 sets of 5 reps,
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 06:57 PM  
normandy

Hi, Fit 44 -- Read me again. I do like working one body part several times in a row -- it's the trisets I'm not too partial to! Your wonderful clips look like what I would like, and I believe those are from the Build segments, so maybe I'll try that one. I must admiit that due to joint weakness, I don't go too heavy, but I love the heavy stuff anyhow -- and wish I could find more slow lifting workouts. Does he move fast on these?
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body beast