Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-11, 09:40 PM  
tokyosophia

Help with Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis

After reading the various threads on Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis I have caved and am about to buy. I am having trouble deciding which to buy and was hoping some of you may be able to provide guidance.

I am leaning towards the omni as really need to get in shape all over. However, body shape wise I am more of a pear shape and was wondering if the hipcetnric would be a better fit. Is there a significant difference between these two programs? Anyone like one over the other? Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, where is the best place to buy this? I usually buy from Mary or Collage, but they do not sell this.

Thanks!
tokyosophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 11:35 PM  
Becky

Hi Tokyosophia!

I purchased my Hipcentric from QVC. I believe it was right around $100 but that was for 120 days, (12 Muscular Structure workouts). I saw on facebook that Tracy was going to be on QVC this Monday, so I don't know if there will be a better deal. But personally, I feel like I got a great deal!

I actually rented Omni, and Abcentric from Kineticflix before purchasing Hipcentric. They were somewhat the same but if I remember correctly, Omni was extra hard, as it had a lot of planks.

I ended up purchasing hipcentric because I am a pear and the saddlebag area and cellulite have always been a problem for me, even after over 7 years of running and 3 half-marathons.

I just have to say, I am so happy with the results. No... I am freaking thrilled! I would never believe that my cellulite and saddlebags would ever go away... but I am wearing shorts for the first time in years. Short shorts! And I'm even contemplating wearing an actual bikini bottom to the pool instead of a swim skirt.

I think whatever program you pick, (although I don't know anything about glutecentric) you can't lose. But if you really want to focus on those outer thighs, I highly recommend hipcentric.

I have to add, my arms and abs have never looked better also. So hipcentric works for those areas too.

I don't do TA's cardio and I don't follow her diet either. I do what I love for cardio and try to eat smart.

I was very reluctant to try TA so rented most of her stuff from Kineticflix first. But now that I'm 49 days into hipcentric and seeing results like I've never seen from any program I've done in my over 20 years of working out, I am a huge fan.

I hope that answered some of your questions, and didn't sway you too much.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 02:13 AM  
MARIKA

I'm currently doing Omni which I got in a trade but really want Glutecentric. I am doing other workouts but I hate to admit I thing TA is really changing my body. My abs are loking awesome and don't know what's doing it but my arms are ripped and lean like never before totally confused by this. I am doing kb's on alternate days but nothing extreme. I heard Glutecentric wasn't as hard but I might be wrong. I would love t hear what people think about Glutecentric too.
Old 08-21-11, 05:32 AM  
Lmg

I have tried hip, glute and omni.
First was hipcentric, which was interesting, but gave me weird divots, bumps in my outer thighs. Almost like cellulite but deeper. It took about 2-3 weeks for them to disappear after discontinuing hip.
Next was glutecentric. Sorry but i found this boring, monotonous, lacked variety.
Last was omni. I love this one. I find it most varied and challenging. It really keeps my interest. I wasn't sure if I would like the planks but I do. It adds variety.
FYI I do not follow her cardio. I usually use kickboxing as my cardio ie susan chung etc. I just saw a bunch of you frowning. To complicate things further I do not follow her diet. I use South Beach diet and use the glycemic index as my guide.
I plan to follow up with omni continuity. I can't wait to see what TA has up her sleeve on QVC tomorrow. I am equally excited for Susan Chungs preorder tomorrow too!
Lmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 08:12 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I'm currently doing Omni which I got in a trade but really want Glutecentric. I am doing other workouts but I hate to admit I thing TA is really changing my body. My abs are loking awesome and don't know what's doing it but my arms are ripped and lean like never before totally confused by this. I am doing kb's on alternate days but nothing extreme. I heard Glutecentric wasn't as hard but I might be wrong. I would love t hear what people think about Glutecentric too.
Marika...are you doing the MS work every other day?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 08:22 AM  
QueenCici

I'm curious about these. I like the idea of doing my own cardio, since, based solely on what I've seen from the infomercial, her cardio doesn't appeal to me. My goal is to drop a size, and based on what I've read, her plan could be helpful. I think I'm hipcentric. Maybe it's time to start saving up.

Cici
QueenCici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 08:35 AM  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
My abs are loking awesome and don't know what's doing it but my arms are ripped and lean like never before totally confused by this.
You know, I was just mentioning this to my husband yesterday. I have spent over 15 years lifting HEAVY with Cathe and other programs (STS, CLX, etc.) and have always had muscular arms, so I was afraid doing only TA would make them soft. Especially because I never use anything over 2 lbs. But my arms are looking better than ever and I'm getting compliments left and right. I think it may be all the floor work and leaning on the arms for so long?

My abs also are looking cut and flat. Even that low pooch under the belly button is gone. It's funny because for only 30 minutes a day, I can't believe the results I'm getting. But I'm not going to complain.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 08:48 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Wow, congrats to everyone!!! These are amazing results......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 09:10 AM  
Missiscipi

I may be doing TA Meta again after reading this thread! Now that I know how to keep back pain away in all fours
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 09:32 AM  
Missiscipi

Ok to those that have had good results with TA Meta in the abs....I am thinking of getting a tummy tuck due to excess skin. Did Tracy Anderson do such a good job it may have circumvented a future tummy tuck for you?
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta