Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-07-11, 08:01 AM  
sherry7899

clip is up of Trudie Styler's Weight Loss Yoga

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Trud...wtlossyoga.htm

I do not think I'll be ordering. I have so many yoga dvds that I need to start being pickier about what I buy.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 08:08 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Sherry, I need to be more selective as well. But I love James and I can't resist a dvd with so many short routines from which to choose.

I'll probably try to wait for Borders to get it and use a coupon.
Old 02-07-11, 08:39 AM  
sherry7899

Dede, the Borders near me just closed You might want to check Walmart. They had other Trudie Styler dvds for around ten dollars.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 08:50 AM  
spotted zebra

Beautiful setting - I love all the trees. Now that's where I'd like to be doing my yoga and qigong in the mornings!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 09:00 AM  
hotncmom

Thanks for posting! I have been waiting for this clip. I recently got Pure Sculpt and Core Strength Pilates so I was anxiously awaiting this one. But after watching the clip, I think I can do without it. It has some elements of the other 2, it doesn't look like pure yoga (and that's OK, because that's my preference). But I also recently got Core Fusion Yoga Energy Flow and Yoga Morning, Noon and Night and I don't think there's anything the Trudie DVD can offer that is that much different. I think I can wait a while, maybe until I'm bored with the others.

I noticed James is trying to mirror cue in this one, however, the camera angles kept changing so that made it very confusing. I have the first yoga DVD from Trudie, Warrior Yoga, and have literally only done it once because I got so twisted around from the cuing/camera angles, I couldn't keep track of which side I was supposed to be working on.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 09:02 AM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Dede, the Borders near me just closed
Yes, they've fallen under the Amazon bus, unfortunately. Bookstores may well end up a thing of the past, along with books.

I'm not sure if I'll cave on this one or not. I'm enjoying Pure Sculpt but I have so many virgins another might cause my shelf to cave in.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 09:26 AM  
michl43

i'm at work... i don't know what it is about my computer, but i can't view the total fitness clips... collage clips play fine..
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 06:11 PM  
suegy3

This is an old thread from February...

How is this workout? Do you like it? And what level is it? TIA!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 09:24 PM  
lynnf

I just did most of the practices on this one and I wasn't wild about it. There is one about 18 minutes and one about 24 minutes and both are quite repetitive and surprisingly boring for a short workout. There is also a 35 minute chair yoga workout, which I thought was a bit awkward, but I liked the best of the group. The 15 minute yoga abs is ok.

I have all the other Trudie Styler ones, but this is the one I like the least.

The level is beginner/intermediate I would say.

Lynn
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 09:53 PM  
hotncmom

I agree with Lynn...repetitive and boring and I found it too easy. I am holding onto it for the chair yoga for ideas on training older adults (but there are probably better resources out there for that as well).

I like Pure Sculpt and the Pilates one for low key days.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
core strength pilates, james d'silva, pure sculpt, trudie styler, weight loss yoga