Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-17, 10:15 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
I would love these, but when I calculate shipping to California it's $35 international shipping or $46 weight based shipping. No thanks.

ETA: and that's for all 10 dvds.
I wonder if the amount is in Canadian or US dollars, though. That makes a difference. I am going to check again later. I bought five dvds last year and it was nowhere near that much for shipping.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 10:19 AM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I wonder if the amount is in Canadian or US dollars, though. That makes a difference. I am going to check again later. I bought five dvds last year and it was nowhere near that much for shipping.
Sherry, it probably is, but even at the cheaper $35 shipping, that still amounts to $27 US.
Old 12-07-17, 10:21 AM  
sherry7899

The price of postage has gone up a lot, but that does seem ridiculous.

Old 12-07-17, 10:37 AM  
Bearybuff

Ok. I paid $45.10 total for the meditation dvds (5) and shipping. Use chrome, firefox will charge you more shipping.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 10:57 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearybuff View Post
Ok. I paid $45.10 total for the meditation dvds (5) and shipping. Use chrome, firefox will charge you more shipping.
Wow, that is odd that the browser you use affects the shipping price. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

Sherry

Old 12-07-17, 11:05 AM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearybuff View Post
I tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE. No change. I even tried my phone and my tablet along with my PC. I'm exhausted!
Old 12-07-17, 02:00 PM  
sherry7899

On the site now it says the same is on until 12/20 instead of 12/28.

I think I am going to pass. I have a ridiculous amount of yoga already and I have six dvds from them already.

Old 12-07-17, 02:03 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

$46 for me on shipping as well. Yesterday it was $15.00.

Sent an email to see what they say.

Confirmed $46.00 to CA. I'm out, oh well. Padma did say that likely the actual cost to ship was around $46.00 and she did offer to pay the difference if it was less, so that was nice of her.

I know our Canadian brethren has to go through the same when getting something shipped from US, quid pro quo!!
Old 12-07-17, 02:33 PM  
Rhonda

I asked Padma and this is what she said

"Our shipping fee set on the website to the US was wrongly set at a low fee that did not cover our real cost. Anyone who got that low fee happened to get it at that time. Our shipping manager pointed this out last week and changed it to a little too high! Now this has been updated. "

"Our International shipping costs are higher than within Canada. The shipping fee you see is the “Weight Based” Shipping method set for the USA, meant to accurately price for the weight being shipped there. "

Still debating but wow I can't believe it would cost that much to ship. Can it really cost $46 to ship? I haven't shipped to Canada in a while so maybe it has gone up to this?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 02:57 PM  
sherry7899

I sent one dvd in a paper sleeve with cardboard around it and that cost $9.00 so multiple dvds in cases might cost that much to send.