Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-12, 06:36 PM  
Brick

I've been doing DDP yoga for a couple of years now, and love it! It's truly unique, incorporating isometrics and powerful Dynamic Tension moves throughout the workouts.

Dallas may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love how "real" and down-to-earth he is. Yes, he growls and he can be gruff, but that's all part of what I like about him. It's a nice change from all the other instructors, lol.

I've been practicing yoga for decades (Bikram, Kundalini, Power Yoga), and have a lot of favorite instructors. Dallas is one of them. He has studied yoga extensively (and as someone here mentioned, he did study with Bryan Kest). He definitely knows what he's doing. He's not some has-been celebrity who just decided to jump on the yoga bandwagon.

If you like slower, more introspective yoga, I'd say DDP Yoga is not for you. Unless you want to kick things up a few notches and have some fun doing so.

The first workout on the DDP set is "Energy!". It's only 20 minutes long, but it really gets an awful lot done. It's one of my favorite workouts, especially when I'm short on time.

The Dynamic Tension incorporated in the workouts is fantastic for strengthening the mind/muscle/body connection!

Last edited by Brick; 05-11-12 at 06:48 PM. Reason: To comment on Dynamic Tension
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 07:01 PM  
daisyduke

Thanks for all of the feedback. I need to look at the clips again. As soon as I think I decide on one I change my mind. lol
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 08:32 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
I've been doing DDP yoga for a couple of years now, and love it! It's truly unique, incorporating isometrics and powerful Dynamic Tension moves throughout the workouts.

Dallas may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love how "real" and down-to-earth he is. Yes, he growls and he can be gruff, but that's all part of what I like about him. It's a nice change from all the other instructors, lol.

I've been practicing yoga for decades (Bikram, Kundalini, Power Yoga), and have a lot of favorite instructors. Dallas is one of them. He has studied yoga extensively (and as someone here mentioned, he did study with Bryan Kest). He definitely knows what he's doing. He's not some has-been celebrity who just decided to jump on the yoga bandwagon.

If you like slower, more introspective yoga, I'd say DDP Yoga is not for you. Unless you want to kick things up a few notches and have some fun doing so.

The first workout on the DDP set is "Energy!". It's only 20 minutes long, but it really gets an awful lot done. It's one of my favorite workouts, especially when I'm short on time.

The Dynamic Tension incorporated in the workouts is fantastic for strengthening the mind/muscle/body connection!
Oh No! I feel myself caving! You are making me reconsider!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 09:05 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:

Someone, decided to give feedback finally. Thank you so much

I'm sold. I want it. I liked him from the get go. As you mentioned, he look real and sincere

Ok, I'm caving for sure. Paycheck is close
Old 05-11-12, 11:20 PM  
Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharazPR View Post
If you'd like, I'd be happy to type out the brief descriptions of each of the workouts from the program guide. That might help you decide which pack(s) you're interested in.

Dallas comes across like a guy with a heart of gold, and for all his "gruffness", it's clear that he really loves what he's doing, and cares about helping people.
Old 05-11-12, 11:38 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
If you'd like, I'd be happy to type out the brief descriptions of each of the workouts from the program guide. That might help you decide which pack(s) you're interested in.

Dallas comes across like a guy with a heart of gold, and for all his "gruffness", it's clear that he really loves what he's doing, and cares about helping people.
Great That will really help me to decide. So, you just start a new tread for those of us that are interested in DDP Yoga. This one started as a question about UY vs DDP
Old 05-12-12, 06:40 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:

I'd be really grateful if you could do this too, if it isn't too much work for you.
Old 05-12-12, 09:06 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:

I thought that was clear in the inspirational video when he said he just had to find a way to help this guy, especially since everyone else had turned him away.
Old 05-12-12, 10:25 AM  
Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I'd be really grateful if you could do this too, if it isn't too much work for you.
Not at all — I type pretty fast, LOL. It will be my pleasure.

I'll follow SharazPR's suggestion and start a new thread for it: DDP: The Workouts.
Old 05-12-12, 10:45 AM  
MKEMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharazPR View Post

I'm sold. I want it. I liked him from the get go. As you mentioned, he look real and sincere

Ok, I'm caving for sure. Paycheck is close

Yup. I want this. Really bad. For me and DH. I'm not a yoga person, but I really like the clips and like Dallas a lot. Officially on the top of my "to buy" list.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote