Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-24, 10:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

checking in

Before the day/week gets away from me.

I had a most welcome surprise the other evening! I was so excited that the "new posts" function and the "quick links" - Today's posts work that I had to share with someone. I initially was going to message Helen but after pocket dialing her a couple of years ago (at midnight her time!) i figured I better check the time in Australia. Nope! it was not an appropriate time. As quick as it flew in my head? It flew out. Until ..... I started toddling off to bed and stopped at my pc. I checked the time and it would be 2:15 p.m. the next day in Australia so I thought HA! time to share my giddyness. Never mind that the function has been working for a week or more (and I had NOOOO clue), I was just giddy upon discovering it that day. Low and behold my computer rang. I quick looked at my phone and ran in the other room and who was it? HELEN!!! I skipped the video since I was heading to bed, etc, etc. BUT I did get to hear what Helen sounds like and we chatted for about 9 minutes. (Guess she wanted to hear a New Jersey accent!) We talked (or I listened as I could NOT contribute) to Pounds vs. Stones, Dates (how there is no Pi Day anywhere but USA cuz we do our dates wrong!), celsius vs farenheit, etc, etc!!! (She's so smart). Anyway, it was great to talk with you Helen.

It also makes me amazed at technology. Here we are a half a day apart and 16672 kilometers or 10359 miles (Thank heavens for google!) and we could talk via phones. Little hand held computers. Must be how people originally felt when the phone first came out. Still amazes me. (that and overnight packages.)

But it also made me realize, Helen probably does not know what Groundhog Day is either. (Or who Puxatawney Phil is - although by now maybe he's world famous). This whole conversation (along with Pi Day), reminded me of when I was a teenager writing to a relative in Scotland. How was I to know they didn't celebrate Groundhog Day (:: slaps forehead : !!!!! Anyway ....

Helen: It was wonderful talking to you. Glad I sent the message when you were on a break

Lili: you are so right about the weather not lasting, so we enjoy it while we can. I took/take full advantage of it and intend to get outside to read this morning.

Waves to Vantreesta and all reading.

Me? I'm still loving life. Couldn't ask for more. on to the check in which is of course! me, me, me:

3/14/2024: (PI DAY!) 15 mins. Low impact Bradley Rose ride, 15 mins. Classical ride with Charlotte (in German) 5 mins. Post ride stretch with Charlotte (also in German), 10 mins. Hosky light weight Arms, 10 mins. Vibration plate

3/15/2024: 10 mins. vibration plate (5 mins. of it I did) Rebecca Kennedy's Standing Abs

I put on subtitles for the German rides. It was in German? Hello!!! I wanted it in English so I could read along. Luckily Peloton has enough metrics on the screen that I can tell where I'm supposed to be and even with Charlotte's counting I can figure it out. I just enjoy her style. I swear there were more rides previously though in English. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

And I had no idea that Jon Hosking had Light arms workout. It's not on the bike (cuz I don't own the treadmill) so only seeable through the app. There are 4 of them. I was happy to see them.

Ok, gotta run. It's a community day for Pokemon go! Need to go through my pokedex.

Have a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 12:08 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - That is so cool that you and Helen could talk! She is not really an imaginary friend! (DH used to call all of you my imaginary friends)
Waves to Helen & Vantreesta!

3/15 - Firm Friday: Fat Burn Collection, Burn & Shape, 41 min.
3/16 - Rest day. We had a birthday luncheon and then the kids came over to go through all of the basement clean out stuff. They took some of the stuff, including a heavy bag I bought years ago and never really used. Now we have to get rid of what's left. They stayed for dinner and I was too wiped out after they left to even walk the dog.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-24, 08:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Check in

Lili: It's been many, many years of internet friends. Dh never referred to them as "imaginary". lol. But he is certainly used to them. That sounds like a great time spent with the kids. Combo of decluttering, visiting and moving on! Love it! I need to do some of that.

Waves to Helen & Vantreesta!

On to me, me, me!

3/16/2024: Bradley Rose 20 mins. Classical Ride (one of my favorites!) 5 mins. post ride stretch, 10 mins. on the vibration plate while doing a 10 mins. Peloton Light Arms workout with Jon Hosking

3/17/2024: 10 mins. Vibration plate (I was very tired)

Spent most of the day just watching tv and reading on Sunday. The weather turned colder and I was tired. I do think I was a bear in a former life. Speaking of which - they have woke up already for the season.

Ok, off to do chores.
Cleda
Old 03-18-24, 08:49 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - Sorry to hear that the bears are back in action. I am grateful that we don't have any here in Delaware. My yard and garden are frequently overrun with deer, but I can chase them away.

3/17 - Walked Baxter with hubby in the morning.
I started another Bellicon series, Posture Flow, Upright & Strong, 20 min.
It was okay and I could use some help with my posture.
I started a few other workouts and had trouble finding something I liked when hubby came home with buckets of compost from the city compost pile. I put on my gardening pants and worked in the garden for the rest of the day.

The cold weather is definitely coming back, but as long as it's sunny, I can handle it.

Old 03-19-24, 09:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Lili: I keep forgetting about Bellicon! I'm so glad you mentioned it. (I need to go back and look again.) I'm so into the vibration plate and it does the moving for my lymphatic system that I don't have to jump. We have deer, fox, wild turkeys and coyotes. Not all at the same time and not always in the yard, but along the road. Never saw the coyotes, but hear them frequently and have warnings not to let cats outside. There's talk and pictures on local neighborhood groups of bobcats, but I haven't seen them in my neighborhood (and I'd like to keep it that way!) lol

Ok, on to me, me, me:

3/18/2024: Hydrow 30 mins. Leg Circuit workout + row with Rina, 20 mins. Hike with Jon Hosky (Peloton), 20 mins. St. Patrick's day ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. standing abs while standing for 10 mins. on the vibration plate

The vibration plate helps with balance for sure. I like combining the vibration plate with some strength workouts from peloton. The 5 mins. standing abs are great. I get 5 mins. of abs and then 5 mins. of just vibration. (I do 10 mins. sessions at a time!). Jury is still out on the rest of the plate and if it does all it claims it is supposed to do.

The Leg Circuit workout was good. I plan to bookmark it to do in the future. It was tough, but not too tough and it went fast. I used 10 lbs. weights and there was good mornings, curtsy lunges, squats + tap backs and standing lunges. I could do it and the workout went fast. I hate workouts that I have to modify so much that it seems like a different workout.!!!

Gotta run.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 03-19-24, 01:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Ugh, I can't believe how time just disappears! It's been even longer than I thought since I posted last. I find myself composing posts in my head when we walk and then just never actually typing them up. :forehead slap:

It's really been a good month so far. We played D&D on the 10th, I spent several hours over lunch with an old friend on the 11th, spent the whole day at the Mall of America with a different friend this past Saturday. My steps counts got pretty high the end of last week and I think it triggered my RLS as my legs were so bad for a few nights. I decided to take it easier on Sunday and celebrated St. Paddy's Day cooking and enjoying yummy food, reading, and playing games on my phone, just chilling out with hubby and Cyric. Evidently it's what I needed bc my legs have calmed down and I woke up yesterday ready to take on the day!

Apparently now that spring is here on the calendar, winter has decided to show up in reality. We've had snow flurries and cooler temps recently, along with wind. Last week when I ran on Wednesday it was 67 degrees at 2 PM and then Friday it was 50 at 2:30 PM and more windy. It felt cooler than 50. I think today is supposed to be the warmest day this week with a high of 54. I don't mind the cooler temps at all, I just don't like the wind. I've decided 30s-50s is my ideal running temps.

Thu 3/7 46 minutes
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.74 mi)
Pedometer: 13255 steps, 6.39 mi/Fitbit: 14345 steps, 6.79 mi

Fri 3/8 140 minutes
14 minutes (from C. Jordan -15-Minute Foam Roller for Low Back Pain Relief best exercises routine (FEELS SO GOOD!), YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for Lower Back Pain - Release your QL (Quadratus Lumborum Stretch), YT)
8 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -All In One Yoga Full Body Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 21, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 21)
18 minutes (from Crossrope Full Body Strength)
4 minutes (from D. Austin Healthy for the Holidays challenge day 9 up/down plank + day 10 side lunge to overhead press) FINISHED!
5 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for Feet & Ankles 5-min Stretches to Relieve Tension, YT)
10 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for SHIN SPLINTS - 10 min Stretches and Exercises for Pain Relief, YT)
17 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 21 Strength, YT) 1st time
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.68 mi)
Pedometer: 13125 steps, 6.46 mi/Fitbit: 12756 steps, 5.99 mi

Sat 3/9 45 minutes
45 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.83 mi)
Pedometer: 11978 steps, 5.76 mi/Fitbit: 13039 steps, 6.14 mi

Sun 3/10 27 minutes D&D DAY
27 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.65 mi)
Pedometer: 6408 steps, 3.14 mi/Fitbit: 7408 steps, 3.5 mi

Mon 3/11 45 minutes LUNCH WITH FRIEND
45 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.86 mi)
Pedometer: 10220 steps, 4.93 mi/Fitbit:

Tue 3/12 71 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 22)
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 22 -15 Minute Morning Yoga Flow to ENERGIZE Your Body, YT) 1st time had to stop after this bc migraine got so bad
49 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.85 mi) no afternoon due to light sensitivity
Pedometer: 9692 steps, 4.67 mi/Fitbit: 10311 steps, 4.88 mi

Wed 3/13 166 minutes
10 minutes (from walk to/from chiro)
8 minutes (from Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 22 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -Restorative Yoga for EMOTIONAL RELEASE and Hip Tension | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 22, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 22 Let's Dance, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra Flexible Body, Flexible Mind 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 22 Attune, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Dr. Bri Step It Up! Light Impact, Weights Optional At-Home Kegel Camp, Day 22, YT) 1st time
4 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 22 -5 Min Abs & Core Workout Plank, YT) 1st time
30 minutes (from 2.28 mi for ZL 10k trainer wk1 day1)
26 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 22 Align, YT) 1st time
54 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.3 mi)
Pedometer: 19261 steps, 9.19 mi/Fitbit: 18596 steps, 8.94 mi

Thu 3/14 123 minutes
26 minutes (from PT strength exercises combo)
25 minutes (from Crossrope 60/20 Freestyle)
15 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra -Evening Yoga Movement day 22 Yin Yoga for Flexibility & Relaxation, YT) 1st time
57 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.24 mi)
Pedometer: 14152 steps, 6.77 mi/Fitbit: 14851 steps, 7.22 mi

Fri 3/15 156 minutes
16 minutes (from M. Hsu Upright Health -Hip Pain Side Sleeping? Do THIS Workout, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan -Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
30 minutes (from 2.22 mi for ZL 10k trainer wk1 day2)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
19 minutes (from C. Jordan -How To Massage Your Shins, Calves, and Ankles, YT)
61 minutes (from 3 dog walks 4.02 mi)
Pedometer: 17340 steps, 8.22 mi/Fitbit: 17186 steps, 8.32 mi

Sat 3/16 44 minutes MOA & LUNCH WITH FRIEND (over 15k steps at mall)
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.73 mi)
Pedometer: 20971 steps, 10.01 mi/Fitbit: 21870 steps, 10.35 mi

Sun 3/17 36 minutes ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
36 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.24 mi)
Pedometer: 8824 steps, 4.26 mi/Fitbit: 9866 steps, 4.69 mi

Mon 3/18 124 minutes
6 minutes (from SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 23 Let's Kick Some Butt with Knees & Kicks, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from NikkiFit Zumba -10 Minute Irish Dance Workout | St Paddy's Day Zumba, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from Crossrope Tabata Total HIIT)
35 minutes (from C. Friedrich STS 2.0 Total Body Supersets express #3)
23 minutes (from C. Freidrich STS 2.0 Total Body Stretch)
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.37 mi)
Pedometer: 14541 steps, 7.06 mi/Fitbit: 15866 steps, 7.54 mi
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 10:03 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I'm still not thrilled with Bellicon's new format. I liked being able to pick something with various parameters rather than just one. I know I need to explore it more, but like you, I forget about it. We don't have coyotes or wild turkeys, but we do have foxes. One day Tally was outside staring at the pond when a fox approached her. Hubby & I were staring from the window in horror, wondering what was going to happen! The fox got about 5-10 feet away before Tally noticed it. They just stared at each other and then the fox left. Hubby read up on it after the fact, and apparantly foxes don't attack dogs.
Vantreesta - Good to see you checking in! You've been quite busy, socially and exercise-wise.
Waves to Helen!

3/18 - Margaret Richard's Unplugged #2023, 24 min.
Bellicon's Healthy Brain with Fayth, 20 min.
3/19 - medium dog walk
2 hours of gardening, split into 2 sessions
3/20 - Prevention's Belly, Butt & Thighs, 31 min.

I'm planning on more gardening later and/or a walk.

Old 03-20-24, 10:09 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post
Cleda - I'm still not thrilled with Bellicon's new format.
I'm not thrilled with the format either. If it's not easy and set up nicely, I don't do it. That's just how I am! I have a rather healthy fox that I often see on our road.

Vantreesta: Lots to report. Good for you. Sounds like me (form the post in my head, forget to come by and put it to cyber paper!) ooops

Helen: WHERE ARE YOU ????
Check in ......

Me, me & all me ...

Not much to report:

3/19/2024: REST DAY - was a nice lazy day. I slept in, read most of the day. Cold weather is back and I'm not fond of it. We even had snow last night (but it didn't accumulate). STILL ... it's the first day of spring for crying out loud.

Gotta run and do SOMETHING today. It's still cold. I could just read all day long.

Cleda
Old 03-21-24, 07:06 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Snow showers

Good grief! It's spring. And we had snow showers again last night. Today is supposed to be cold and blustery. :: sigh :: Another good day to stay home and read!

Don't want to fall behind, so I'm checking in!

3/20/2024: Jenn Sherman's 30 mins. Soft Rock Ride, 10 mins. Kelly Clarkson Cool Down Ride, 5 mins. Post ride stretch, 5 mins. Rebecca Kennedy standing abs on the Vibration Plate (10 mins. done on that!)

Got my 2 new pair of sneakers. Sure hope they are going to give enough support for the treadmill. I'll find out today (I think!)

Gotta run.
Have a great day. Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 03-22-24, 09:23 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

A bit of a mish mosh (and it's not even "Mish Mosh Monday!")
But it gives me variety and some movement. I'll take it:

3/21/2024: Hydrow: 10 mins. Breathe row with Sara Moon, 5 mins. Technique cool down with Aquil, 15 mins. Run/Walk on treadmill (Peloton) with Jon Hosking + 10 mins. Add on Xtra, 15 mins. Lanebreak (bike), 10 mins. upper body with Ben Alldis, while on my 10 mins. Vibration plate

And it's a wrap. Not sure what's on the docket for today.
Off I go ....
Cleda