Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-13, 09:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Share your latest "Joni O'd" video(s)...

I'm recently in a barre phase and have been trying a few other dance-type workouts. I bought Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body sets. I previewed both and was kind of stunned. DH has Insanity and Asylum and I thought I knew Shaun from those workouts. In Insanity/Asylum, he seems very reserved, calm and professional. Well, in HHA and RB, this is a really, really different Shaun T. In the dance sets, he's like a cross between Will Smith and Richard Simmons. ("Not that there's anything wrong with that.") I read an older thread about Shaun's recent marriage and that explained a lot.

The usual review comments for Rockin' Body contain the word "cheese." Yup, with the goofy DJ "emcee" and the goofy audience setting, it is a cheese-o-rama. I have tried some of the Rockin' Body workouts and like them. He cues fairly well and I could actually follow most of the moves. The is an exerciser who modifies the moves and that is really helpful. My legs were pretty sore the next day from "Rock It Out."

Then I tried Hip Hop Abs and he doesn't cue as well. I had trouble following the demo video. I tried a couple of the workouts and fairly quickly Joni O'd them. Too hard to follow and Shaun is pretty annoying.

What is your latest Joni O'd video?
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 09:33 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I gave Leah Sarago's newest total body a try right away when it first came out. I ddn't last too far into that workout. Bad lighting, lots of makeup, strange warm up. I was hoping for a kinder, gentler Leah and it wasn't. A couple minutes in to the workout and I was done.

I love the idea of Leah. I think she's sweet. She just isn't for me.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Tracey Mallett's new F.I.T. DVD. I love most of Tracey's workouts and I like circuit workouts, but I didn't last more than a minute or two with this. It was most likely my mood, so I'm not giving up on it just yet. Something about her saying to pick up your heavy weights and then she starts in with some twisty move teaching up on one side and down to the floor on the other side. It just wasn't happening for me with a "heavy-ish" weight.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 09:48 AM  
dnna

Ellen Barrett Fusion Floor. This should come with a warning label for anyone with any type of wrist issue. I find her workouts hard to do because of the constant overuse of shoulders, but fusion floor is absolutely undoable for me. I kind of followed along for a while doing my own safe variations and finally just Joni-o-there it goes back to TFdvds.com
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 09:50 AM  
JENILU

I hate saying it, becasue I was so excited to receive it, but Brooke's new 30 Day Slimdown. I like the moves on preview, but I just couldn't last thru 10 minutes of them- or of her moaning. I still WANT to like it though, so I'll give it another try later on think. (I know Moonbeam- you told me which one to get and I didn't listen!)
Why on earth, can I get through some high intermediate workouts, but some beginner ones make me feel like I'm ghonna pass ot or puke? I just don't get it! (rhetorical, not changing subject or anything).
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 10:03 AM  
Dabbadooey

Flowetry...just didn't like the whole practice. I will probably give it one more try before selling/trading.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 10:08 AM  
that_tori_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Tracey Mallett's new F.I.T. DVD. I love most of Tracey's workouts and I like circuit workouts, but I didn't last more than a minute or two with this. It was most likely my mood, so I'm not giving up on it just yet. Something about her saying to pick up your heavy weights and then she starts in with some twisty move teaching up on one side and down to the floor on the other side. It just wasn't happening for me with a "heavy-ish" weight.
Yep. Tracey Mallet's F.I.T. was my most recent borderline failure, too. Much like you, I think I wasn't just in the mood and I was also pretty hungry going into that workout (my oversight!) and I've learned that this combination is the kiss of death for me and the workout I'm attempting to do. I will probably re-visit this before I decide whether to trade or sell it. But the prognosis isn't looking very positive.

I'm also still very much on the fence as to whether or not I like Tracey's workouts. Booty Barre and I did NOT get along, but Tracey is so sweet and encouraging that I *want* to like her workouts. And gosh darn it if I don't keep accumulating them.

Kristin Dowell's Hi/Lo Recharge also went down in flames. I was on a Hi/Lo kick...This cured me of that. Kristin is another super sweet instructor -- this just isn't my genre of workout.

And finally, Jillian's most recent, Hard Body. 10 minutes in and I had enough.
Old 04-09-13, 10:21 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

One of my virgins that I did for the first time recently - Jeanette Jenkins Core & Stretch It Out. The stretch workout is good, but the core workout is basic and JEANETTE YELLS THE WHOLE TIME. IT'S LIKE THE PRODUCTION PEOPLE DIDN'T TELL HER THERE WERE MICROPHONES SO SHE ASSUMED SHE HAD TO MAKE HER VOICE CARRY ACROSS THE ENTIRE SOUNDSTAGE. NO KIDDING, ALL HER CUES AND CHATTER FOR THE ENTIRE WORKOUT ARE AT VOLUME 11.

And the woman has a grating voice anyway.

Joni O'd fast, will never ever do that one again.
Old 04-09-13, 10:24 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I hate saying it, becasue I was so excited to receive it, but Brooke's new 30 Day Slimdown. I like the moves on preview, but I just couldn't last thru 10 minutes of them- or of her moaning. I still WANT to like it though, so I'll give it another try later on think. (I know Moonbeam- you told me which one to get and I didn't listen!)
Why on earth, can I get through some high intermediate workouts, but some beginner ones make me feel like I'm ghonna pass ot or puke? I just don't get it! (rhetorical, not changing subject or anything).
Oh no! Did you try workout 2 on the Brooke Burke 30 day? I like that one better than 1.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 10:27 AM  
acey

The other day I was in the mood for an oldie, so I randomly picked out a VHS tape - Andre Houle's Hi-Lo Journey. I didn't get much of a journey. Basic steps done very slowly and VERY repetitively. I was bored out of my mind. I love Andre, but this wasn't happening.

Tags
hip hop abs, joni-o a video, rock it out, rockin body, rockin' body