Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-11, 02:42 PM  
woodie

Meta results?

OK, so I had talked myself out of wanting this and then I saw the infomercial this morning while nursing my daughter. I was going to post in the check in but I don't want to derail the conversation, so I'm doing it here. What results have you seen? how are you doing Meta - straight, no add ins or variations or something else? Are you watching what you eat or are you eating as you usually do?

Thanks!

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 02:47 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I'm curious too!
Old 04-08-11, 02:57 PM  
Buzzer

I started out using it straight, but I hated the cardio so I started subbing in DC or BDC. I didn't feel the arms or abs were adequate, so I started adding in Hamelin's for more arms.
Then, I got Rip:60 & Rushfit, and started adding those on after my MS work with TA...
now, I am currently doing TA Omni, adding on TA Hips (just the legs part) afterwards, and doing either Turbo Jam, or S90 or Rip or Rush afterwards (I work out a total of an hour & 15 minutes with all this, and that includes the downtime while I change DVD's & get through the death warnings)

WHEW!

Anyhow, after about 1 1/2 years of consistently working out, I'm seeing more weight loss results with my Omni than i have with anything else.
I used Firms & P90X and STS and saw some new muscle but not weight loss/clothes fitting better/lots of tone, and since I started TA (I'm on day 44) I've gone from wearing my 32" waist pants with a belt, to my 30" waist pants with a belt
I'm seeing the little line going down my abs a little bit... YAY! I've had compliments on my arms, and my core strength is through the ROOF. I had trouble with planks before, but now I can hold a plank for a minute with no problem.
yesterday, I did S90 Tabata Inferno and did 16 quick toe pushups for each pushup sequence! (probably 4-6 times in the workout) I used to only be able to do slow, laborious, shaky pushups, and maybe 12 before I just kissed the floor)
Anyhow, I'm a convert. And I'll shut up now and let someone else glow about TA. Not losing strength at all. But, I was worried about it for my upper body, that's why I added other stuff on to it.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 03:10 PM  
ssgilby

I'm doing Meta Hip straight up. I do the muscular structure work religiously and then cardio - some days it's TA's cardio (one of her many cardio offerings) or it's other dance cardio or Leslie. I do anywhere from 20-60 min. of cardio - trying to get a variety of longer, mellower steadier state in with shorter, more intense sessions. I'm on day 47, and I totally love it! I should also mention that shortly before I started Meta, I switched to the Flat Belly Diet method of eating and have continued on that plan.

I've noticed all over slimming, definite flattening of my belly (and the beginning of some great ab definition), my butt is lifting off of my hams, and I feel I have a tighter, more toned appearance. I won't go into details, but if you check out my blog (link in sig line), you can read all about FBD and Meta in my posts, and see my measurements as well as pictures over the last 60 days or so (new pictures will be posted next week or the following - I haven't decided if I'll do 50-day pics or wait until day 60) in the pages section - links are on right side of the blog.

I feel stronger - not necessarily in a "I could lift a small car" kind of way, but more in a functional way. Meta, IMO, really works the core (which may explain my back - see next paragraph), and I can tell by the way I get better and better at keeping up with Tracy that I am making strength and endurance gains. (Not that being strong enough to lift a car would be a bad thing, it's just I feel strong in maybe a different way. I'll never be a really "strong" person in the purely muscular sense - if that makes sense. LOL!)

A happy surprise was that Meta seems to be therapeutic for my lower back. I've had bulging disks for years, and many forms of exercise excacerbate it (a SI6 rotation earlier this year almost sent me back in for treatment). Since starting Meta, my back has felt the best it has consistently in years.

Yes, I'm a believer.

No, the results are coming fast, but change is happening slowly but surely. Slow change, IMO, is more permanent. I don't expect miracles, but I do expect that within the next few months with continued dedication on my part, I will have the body I've been seeking. It seems that the slimming effects started around my rib cage and are working their way down. The area I hope starts really improving next is my lower hip/saddlebag area. If Tracy can make my saddlebags disappear, I will . . . well, I don't know what I'll do. I've had saddlebags for years no matter how thin I've gotten.

I simply love this program.
Old 04-08-11, 03:43 PM  
CarlaVeg

I have definitely seen results.... I am losing inches (-3 off my waist, -1.5 off each thigh - saddle bag area, -0.5 off my arms) and about 3-4 lbs in 30 days with no change in diet (my diet is very inconsistent... eating well for a few days and badly for the rest of the week)....

I don't do enough cardio though.... mostly the MS and cardio maybe 2-3 times a week.... I don't workout 6 days a week either.... maybe 5....

Anyways, I am seeing results and I am loving it!!! The best part, everyone is noticing it, friends and family. They are all asking what I am doing... so yes I am totally loving meta

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 03:48 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
(I work out a total of an hour & 15 minutes with all this, and that includes the downtime while I change DVD's & get through the death warnings)
Hee hee! Can I just say I laughed out loud when you called them "death warnings". That's so awesome!
Old 04-08-11, 04:51 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I haven't seen much measurable changes via scale (a few pounds which I credit to diet) or tape measure, but somehow my pants are looser, my saddlebags are going away and I have less cellulite. DH notices these results (in a nice supportive way) so I'm keeping with these workouts for now (an extended now I expect).
I'm using hips + cardio (not always TA, too much impact); one day a week I use a functional workout (see avatar for reason why) although I absolutely agree with Shelley about the core work in TA. On the down side, I think TA does not work pecs enough for me. I did jari love ripped to the core this am and think I have lost some upper body strength. But I think adding in some pec work will resolve my issue.

Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 04:56 PM  
sweatmonger

Basically everything that Shelley said.

This former (I hope!) size 8 just bought a pair of size 4 shorts yesterday. So yeah, I think I'm properly converted to the..... DARK SIDE....buhahahaha...

Metamorphed with TA June 2011
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 05:37 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

TA is the only one who can make me do variations of crunches. I like her style vs C-curve style from barre workouts.
Her arm work relieves a lot of upper body tensionI carry due to the nature of my work. I sit in front of the computer all day long. TA's arm work is very therapeutic.
As for inch loss, I have not measured lately. I think I lost 2 inches off my waist and an inch off my arms. I fell by the wayside due to my half-marathon training. I started again last night.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 06:18 PM  
JessicaW

I'm another convert! I am currently on day 38 of Meta Hips and I am at this moment wearing jeans that I wasn't able to get into for the last two years. And when I could get into them, they were still tight. Now, they are comfortably fitting. So, these workouts definitely make you shrink. My results were noticeable within the first ten days in fact.
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, rockin body, rockin' body, tosca reno, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results