Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-10, 04:57 PM  
kali1

Tina, did you report the bootleg to ebay?
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 05:28 PM  
TinaT

Yes,.. this particular seller has been reported by me countless times. Along with several others. Obviously I have no life b/c I sat down one day and went through Ebay just to find bootleg FIRMS and report each one of them. I have periodically revisited each seller to see if they still sell them and of course they do... so I continue to report them. All I get is a computer generated reply.

Like I said, none of these productions of FIRMS are found on Amazon or any other site that sells FIRMS. Only Ebay has allowed them. I know they look professional b/c I was one of those who purchased one years ago before asking questions. When I asked Anna about my purchase she verified it was a bootleg. This is the one I purchased and to date have never seen this cover at Amazon, etc. This cover is one of many but with different titles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FIRM-Body-Scupti...item1c12f44e5a

I felt so stupid after I realized what had happened. Too good to be true. This is a single layered, no chaptering version. To get to the next workout you have to fast forward though the first one if I remember right. They are VHS upgraded to a dvd disc,.. that's it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 06:18 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I would notify both Fitness Favorites and Gaiam. They might have more clout with ebay than a single individual. The sad thing is that these bootlegs would not sell nearly as well if the companies that took over the Firm had released the BBH Firms on dvd years ago. I'm still longing for vol. 5 to complete my set of the originals.
Old 10-06-10, 09:38 PM  
TinaT

The bottom line for me is that there has been many instructors/companies work highjacked by bootleggers and Ebay does nothing. I see threads all the time about someone getting an illegal copy and it's always linked to ebay. I don't see this problem at Amazon.

I guess when you get to be so big your integrity doesn't matter anymore.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, counterfeit, firm, the firm